[Game Update] - 525812

On 10/4/2022 at 8:23 PM, JarrettM said:

Full patch notes below.

Hide contents
  • Disabled unused elements Electrum, Propane, Syngas.

I got questions about this. Why are those still in the Game when they are disabled? And can still be opened via Debug? Was that just for Sandbox?
Also why not use them instead of disableing them? Would love some more elements to play with. Espacially combustible, radioactive and metallic Elements.

Edited by Sergadra

The update to plug slug is so freaking annoying, since it's not trapped by liquid now. Now my colony is full of hydrogen thanks to this.
I don't want to play this game anymore, otherwise i might can't help but smash my laptop.
Get it back asap pls, it's really stupid. Can anyone find me a way to downgrade my game version?

• Sad Dupe 1

1 hour ago, notreallyaman said:

Can anyone find me a way to downgrade my game version?

There is a "previous update" beta branch you can play until the next update but if you saved on the newer version, your save won't open on a previous one

"Critters now queue for ranching while another Critter is being groomed"

Has anyone else seen this - my drecko is showing the 'excited' tag and it's queueing at the grooming station, but my rancher is clapping his hands at the shearing station. And they both stayed that way for half a cycle until my rancher went on break. If anyone else is seeing this (or I can definitively confirm it) I'll file a bug report).

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 12:10 AM, NewWorldDan said:

"Critters now queue for ranching while another Critter is being groomed"

Has anyone else seen this - my drecko is showing the 'excited' tag and it's queueing at the grooming station, but my rancher is clapping his hands at the shearing station. And they both stayed that way for half a cycle until my rancher went on break. If anyone else is seeing this (or I can definitively confirm it) I'll file a bug report).

It happens sometimes, i think the dupe is whistling at another critter while the excited one is second in the queue.

GIF_11_10.2022_21-53-15.gif.c7b9f8ac31a1d8b2e1ea199ad5cca72b.gif

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, axxel said:

I took a pause from the game. What are story traits? Some kind of campaign?

At the moment they are 2 new POIs you can find on newly generated asteroids. That can grant you some bonuses. TBH I'm not really sure why they are called "Story Traits"... Maybe it's because of Worldgen Traits that create POIs with their short stories, like side-quests, but the name is IMO misleading at the moment (maybe when the system gets more developed in the future it will make more sense)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/5/2022 at 3:23 AM, JarrettM said:

Plug Slugs

• Plug Slugs now have a refined metal diet in addition to metal ore.

Is this really implemented properly?
Plug Slug detail appears to eat only metallic ores.
plugslugdietj.png.0a1966de0c2ba6f5428a9aaf69373cbd.png

I checked the English version as well as it could be a difference in translation and it is the same.
plugslugdiete.png.99617296b42a883cb4bd8e9d3560b644.png

I have tried placing refined metal in sandbox mode and it does not appear to eat it.

plugslugdietnav.png.5948403b2c5c62fd036067e7c46aa56a.png

The eating of Plug Slugs seems to have been fixed twice since implementation in the public test branch build, but I am not sure which is the correct spec for the live branch players.
(The way it is written it looks like all Plug Slugs have acquired refined metal eating.)

Japanese text before translation is also attached for your reference.

Spoiler

これは本当にきちんと実装されていますか?
Plug Slugの詳細では金属鉱石しか食べないように見える。
翻訳の違いである可能性も考えられるため英語版でも確認したが同様です。
サンドボックスモードで精錬金属を置いてみたが食べる様子はありません。

Plug Slugsの食性はパブリックテストブランチビルドで実装から2回の修正が行われているようですが、ライブブランチのプレイヤーにとってはどれが正しい仕様なのかわかりません。
(この書かれ方だと全てのPlug Slugsが精錬金属食を獲得したように見えます。)

22 minutes ago, Sanchozz said:

plugslugdietnav.png.5948403b2c5c62fd036067e7c46aa56a.png.82ba78b85f83ad00419ec9724c13dbf6.png

@Keith Smithee it looks like you switched to the previous version and forgot about it.
because it should be like so:

457140_20221111131628_1.thumb.png.7af42b8a15ffd4f27c5efcfd19e66841.png

Sorry, I'm not talking about Plug Slug morph probability.
(I think it's also a problem that no variants are produced at all.)

I'm talking about the feeding habits of Plug Slug"s".
It appears that the original Plug Slug species was also able to eat refined metals in late September during the test build.

If there was a discrepancy in the setup, we would have been literally shown "Sweet Dreams" by Klei for almost two months.

Spoiler

Japanese text before translation is also attached for your reference.

ごめんなさい。Plug Slugモーフ確率の話ではありません。
(一切変種が生まれないのも問題な気がします)

Plug Slug"s"の食性についての話をしています。
テストビルド中の9月後半には原種Plug Slugも精錬金属を食べることができたようです。
設定に齟齬があったのだとしたら、私達はKleiから2ヶ月近く文字通りの「Sweet Dreams」を見せられていたのでしょうね。

45 minutes ago, Sanchozz said:

@Keith Smithee

have you loaded an old save file created in an older version of the game?
try to spawn a new Plug Slug through the sandbox. and show us a full-size screenshot so that us can see the build number.

U43-526946-SD
The world (first saved data) was created on October 20.
However, a large number of mods have been installed. (including Critter related including Crabs Profit).

However, when I removed all mods and generated in sandbox mode from the data loaded in a fully vanilla state, the correct Plug Slug was created.457140_20221111181150_1.thumb.png.762a343adceac6d3fdead3b18239df8d.png
Thank you, problem solved.

Perhaps a list of Critter-related MODs used:
Crabs Profit
Ranching Overhaul
Hatches Don't Eat Meat
Auto Wrangle Babies Too
Stock Bug Fix

the investigation of the cause is terribly time-consuming due to the large amount used.