the MOST important thing for Maxwell refresh

we have GOT to have a current age default outfit for Maxy boy. Short-sleeved suit jacket with different colored pants? what is thisss, he's supposed to be "Dapper but frail", where are his dapper traits?? I drew a awful amateur mockup of what a better look of his outfit should be, but i mean what i think what is important is to finally match his official/cinematic artwork better.

I believe the original(current default) outfit was based on the early design decisions back with just solo Don't Starve(imitating Wilson's silhouette with short sleeved tops), so it makes sense of why he had this to begin with, but now we are at a good place when it comes to intricate designs; (ex. Walter having very detailed shoes even, cosmetic options featuring distinct additions like tails or rings, etc.)

His refresh the only time to have a good reason to revisit his default attire, so i hope it's still possible to happen. Please Klei

adsfff.png

elsewise, i think the https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2809332721&searchtext=maxwell mod is really cool for utilization for his shadow puppets, but to me i fully trust whatever klei does to him gameplay wise

You know, I've never actually noticed this. But now it's going to bother me until the end of time, thanks.

40 minutes ago, KM_Harrowick said:

image.png.f65043d9796c0c83cead9c8b2716b232.png

I think the general problem with his original shirt is that it's just too blocky. They've got plenty of thinner shirts in the cabinet, so they could use those as a base.

Tbh his model in general is just weird. Lots of odd design choices.

46 minutes ago, KM_Harrowick said:

I do think he should get proper suit sleeves, I drew a mockup myself a little while ago. I really like your mockup and how you gave him the matching pants to his suit!

image.png.f65043d9796c0c83cead9c8b2716b232.png

i super love this; just give it the matching pants and it's perfect concept art. i REALLY hope they improve upon the attire

8 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

You know, I've never actually noticed this. But now it's going to bother me until the end of time, thanks.

all my friends have said this too. i hope to make all aware so we can get this fixed :devilish:

2 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

That mod is exactly what I'm afraid Maxwell's rework might turn out. Only new puppets and QoL for existing ones. The puppet show instead of advanced shadow magic. 

I do agree with you, but "casting magic spells" niche is already occupied by Wickerbottom. Maxwell is either going to be jack of all trades like Woodie  except in magical aproach or something else (hopefully)

also pls remove useless backround from maxwell and actually all character's costumes
for people who aren't familiar with dst character's sprites: torso-0.png.1b7419355e643f3b82c661cfc7f35adc.png

this is wilson's very very old torso that is used to this day, and you can notice that it got this bakcground in place where his head will be placed, but the thing is it solves literally 0 purpose and it annoys me, for example here is wes torso that was added way after wilson's:torso_wide-0.png.3defc2225642618c60ccec1d34008c56.png

see?it's just a torso without any other useless background in it, and maxwell got such useless background on him too, klei pls remove it

11 hours ago, Rylanor said:

I do agree with you, but "casting magic spells" niche is already occupied by Wickerbottom. Maxwell is either going to be jack of all trades like Woodie  except in magical aproach or something else (hopefully)

Wickerbottom's magic is more about manipulating the nature, it's about elements, animals and plants. She doesn't create anything that doesn't exist in nature. Maxwell can delve into darker types of magic like necromancy and curses. 

2 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

Wickerbottom's magic is more about manipulating the nature, it's about elements, animals and plants. She doesn't create anything that doesn't exist in nature. Maxwell can delve into darker types of magic like necromancy and curses. 

I dont think Maxwell has ever done necromancy or curses. 

Thanks to this thread I now have Maxwell's ridiculously long chin burned into the back of my eyes

On 8/11/2022 at 2:24 PM, Eughstein said:

this is wilson's very very old torso that is used to this day

Yeah, you should really change your torso at least once a month for basic hygiene reasons

On 8/17/2022 at 7:32 PM, Dragonboooorn said:

Dear God, I want Maxwell to have his OG suit in game so bad... Hope he will get new skin with that design

just redo the default one, they have really talented artists so one suit wouldn't take much time from other stuff they are planning

On 8/11/2022 at 8:24 AM, Eughstein said:

also pls remove useless backround from maxwell and actually all character's costumes
for people who aren't familiar with dst character's sprites: torso-0.png.1b7419355e643f3b82c661cfc7f35adc.png

this is wilson's very very old torso that is used to this day, and you can notice that it got this bakcground in place where his head will be placed, but the thing is it solves literally 0 purpose and it annoys me, for example here is wes torso that was added way after wilson's:torso_wide-0.png.3defc2225642618c60ccec1d34008c56.png

see?it's just a torso without any other useless background in it, and maxwell got such useless background on him too, klei pls remove it

Why does this bother you if you can't see it? Genuine question, not trying to be snarky.

On 11/6/2022 at 7:19 AM, Curly Bill said:

how could they doe this to me. no base model refresh :wilson_cry:

assuming we will get the usual 2 weeks of beta there is still 1 week an a half for changes to be make, i will sugest you to star a topic on the beta branch about it.

Archived