[Game Update] - 517416

• Developer

Changes

• Polly Roger and The Lazy Forager will no longer pick up paired Nautopilot Beacons.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed crash sometimes when Blue Hounds spawned by Walrus Camp are removed.
  • Fixed incorrect Fencing Sword attack animation on clients.
  • Fixed Fencing Sword turning invisible when dropped in water.
  • Fixed incorrect fence visuals appearing on fences rotated by the Fencing Sword.
  • Fixed bug where the Rotate action was incorrectly targeting walls.
  • Fixed bug when rotating fences was incorrectly using an attack state.
  • Fixed animation bugs with Wurt reading books.
  • Fixed player turning invisible when using a Lucky Whistle while mounted.
  • Fixed various bugs with incorrect mining FX on Mini Glaciers and Moon Glass.
  • Fixed bug where Shadow Miners could finish mining Mini Glaciers prematurely.
  • Fixed sinking mast animation not showing.

View full update

• Like 15
  • Sad Dupe 5
  • Potato Cup 1

2 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Fixed bug where the Rotate action was incorrectly targeting walls.

Wait, this wasn’t intentional? I thought it was neat that you could get diagonal walls without needing to face diagonally. I had some plans to build with this… I hope this can be added back.

• Like 16
  • Potato Cup 1

• Developer

Hey guys, the goal of today's patch is to reach a stable build before our long weekend, which is why any unintended or unfinished things had to go. We've definitely had discussion about properly implementing wall rotation though :wink:.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3
  • Health 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 2
  • GL Happy 4
  • Potato Cup 1

Just now, V2C said:

Fixed bug where Shadow Miners could finish mining Mini Glaciers prematurely.

I think people thought this was intentional for a long time. But yeah, it was a bit weird considering that the mining power was excessive as there's no reason you can't just pick the ice up while mining as Waxwell.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, V2C said:

Hey guys, the goal of today's patch is to reach a stable build before our long weekend, which is why any unintended or unfinished things had to go. We've definitely had discussion about properly implementing wall rotation though :wink:.

Is actually pretty sad, can be something done to get it back in stable version? It made Fencing Sword much more useful.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, V2C said:

After no fix on the bug report, I guessed that this was something that was happening without being planned. I'm glad it's been addressed here and hopefully, we get this implemented in the near future.

As someone who always nitpicked a bit too much :wilson_angelic: of how some walls looked tilted when not in their diagonal version , this would fix any possible future as I imagine the Diagonal shape is the first being drawn in the art concepts. Being able to have the most aesthetically pleasing wall version without having to play in Diagonal Camera would be incredible and make builds so much prettier. 

Thank you for the reply. Hope all is well with you. 

For now, this will be missed. I'll have this screenshot to look foward too!
20220728162310_1.jpg

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, cybers2001 said:

Out of curiosity, was the fencing sword really just designed to fix the rotated fence bug? Outside of that, I have never seen a need to rotate my fences after they've been placed.

Seems like, might extend to walls once again later, but it would be better if walls can be oriented from camera orientation during placement just like fences did once it's here. I really wish they take the occasion to do something extra from it instead of being a bugfix tool exclusively or for super rare mistakes (since breaking fences is almost a win resource speaking).

Kinda sad we couldn't use it specifically for the pirate raids, countering the monkeys or being able to huck the monkeys back on to their own boat or into the sea. That would have been pretty funny, the first ever knock back tool (that isn't the signs from year of the pig, I could be forgetting, let me know if I have forgotten something).

Edited by ZeRoboButler
  • Like 2