Jump to content

Shadow Pieces Boat Cheese Dosent Work Anymore ?


Recommended Posts

I was preparing to cheese the shadow pieces, built a bunch of knights on a boat, kill the other 2 and let the knights transform. Then lighted the boat on fire in order to make him sink and kill all the shadow knights in the process like i usualy do. HOWEVER, they disapeared for a second then apeard on the main land and i was insta killed by over 40 shadow knights o.0 Did i do something rond or the new update patched the cheese ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Owlrust said:

Congratulations you unlocked the "Land of Death and Destruction" biome!

Yeah it was preaty scary o.0 but also sad... i no longer get to farm infinite nightmare loot ;( why did they patched it ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Double F said:

I was preparing to cheese the shadow pieces, built a bunch of knights on a boat, kill the other 2 and let the knights transform. Then lighted the boat on fire in order to make him sink and kill all the shadow knights in the process like i usualy do. HOWEVER, they disapeared for a second then apeard on the main land and i was insta killed by over 40 shadow knights o.0 Did i do something rond or the new update patched the cheese ?

Every boss is now drownable, because you could cheese by using docks to insta kill them.

you can still mass farm shadow pieces though, just instead of having them on a boat, have them on land with gunpowder dropped and then get onto a boat, as they still collide with the world border, and you can light the gunpowder from afar killing all the knights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Hornete said:

Every boss is now drownable, because you could cheese by using docks to insta kill them.

you can still mass farm shadow pieces though, just instead of having them on a boat, have them on land with gunpowder dropped and then get onto a boat, as they still collide with the world border, and you can light the gunpowder from afar killing all the knights.

yeah but i have to get the gun powder and probaby a fire staff... im used to just a few ropes and a tourh xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Double F said:

yeah but i have to get the gun powder and probaby a fire staff... im used to just a few ropes and a tourh xD

You can also use Winona catapults. Or houndius shootius. Or keep inviting people to your server and have them punch as many knights as they can before they die and you ban them to cycle in someone new. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Every boss is now drownable, because you could cheese by using docks to insta kill them.

you can still mass farm shadow pieces though, just instead of having them on a boat, have them on land with gunpowder dropped and then get onto a boat, as they still collide with the world border, and you can light the gunpowder from afar killing all the knights.

So any boss now will respawn when dropped in water? cool. What happened before, like if you got klaus on a boat and broke it? Is that possible with telelocator or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

So any boss now will respawn when dropped in water? cool. What happened before, like if you got klaus on a boat and broke it? Is that possible with telelocator or something?

Almost every not-follower mob will die when the Boat they're on is destroyed, same happened with bosses and back in early Turn of Tides you could place a Telelocator Focus on a Boat to easily teleport and kill giants.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know a lot of people are not going to like me for saying this.. (not like they ever liked me in the first place lmao) but I don’t care.

I love it how people tell me to get good & fight bosses but then when I ask them HOW to fight those bosses they tell or show me some huge elaborate set up like I’m playing that old board game-

Spoiler

02C30E55-4EDE-4319-AED4-1B06C2941BE7.thumb.jpeg.a3fc309676386fa924bd9af39866bdc7.jpeg

Of a way to “Cheese” said boss.

So in THAT regard I hope every single boss in the game gets all their cheese methods patched out- if You want me to fight that boss.. I want to fight it Fairly & the way the games developers intend (which I highly doubt is to build the Great Wall of China around before engaging..)

So I for one am glad all these exploits like shadow knight boat cheese are being fixed.

At least NOW when I’m told “get good noob fight boss” we’re all fighting them the intended way without cheese.

Boss reworks are something I’d like to see in future QoLs- Ancient Guardians was made to be actually fun for example.. 

Pretty sure Klei can replicate that success hurray for boat cheese fixes! :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

 

I simultaneously agree and disagree. I dont think cheese is all that harmful to the game. Simultaneously, people who say get good then give a cheese method are the worst and honestly deserve to lose their precious cheese. But i dont begrudge people who have done it 100 times and are just trying to get their megabase set up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Copyafriend said:

I simultaneously agree and disagree. I dont think cheese is all that harmful to the game. Simultaneously, people who say get good then give a cheese method are the worst and honestly deserve to lose their precious cheese. But i dont begrudge people who have done it 100 times and are just trying to get their megabase set up

If you are sick of fighting bosses 100 times for loot for a megabase, instead of using exploits which is just cheating with extra steps, just admit you are a cheater and use GetPlayer().components.builder:GiveAllRecipes() command to craft for free. This is why exploits/cheese should be patched. You always have the option to cheat with console commands if need be.

Its perfectly fine to use console commands when you are done with the survival part of dst and want only to do creative megabasing!

Why half ass cheating??

I understand console players have no other way to cheat than to use exploits tho. #PCmasterrace :wilson_cool:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Killing bosses with ellaborate contraptions and weird methods that take a lot of preparation but yield great results is more fun than fighting the boss directly.

So these "cheese" methods should stay.

Tho yea the boat one was way too cheesy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What doesn't count as cheese/exploit/cheating (all mean the same) in my books is:

  • Building 24 catapults or 40bunnymen/merms or wickers tentacles around bee queen, this isnt cheating, this is just grindy prep work with a final high reward for the grind.
  • Building a closed square walled area or walling off magma pits when fighting dragonfly, people may call this cheese but they are walls... blocking things is what they do! An animation of the larve bouncing off the wall an bein dazed would be nice tho. Again this is just good prep work.
  • Anything that involves fighting bosses with follower mobs. E.g 10 Bunnymen eat crab king alive, all you need to do is freeze him and kill claws.
  • Walters slingshot against bosses, as long as they can walk towards him and eventually reach him if u stand still. E.g using walters slingshot vs klaus isn't cheating even if he trys to get back to sack... #walterop

What does count as cheating:

  • This makes up 100% of cheating, abuse of DSTs terrible mob pathfinding to get bosses or mobs stuck on things.
  • E.g building elaborate maze of fences for bee queens grumble bees to navigate while you attack her... they fly.. they should just fly straight over fence to wreck you..  thematically this is dumb as ****, abuse of pathfinding is cheating.
  • Building a straight wall that runs through a magma pit when fighting dfly, the wall isnt the cheating here, again its bugging out the larve pathfinding making them think they can fit between the magma pit and wall when they cant. ( i use this cheating method all the time, we all do, still the pathfinding needs fixed)
  • Trapping shadow knights on coast while u chill on boat with catapults... crawling horrors have been shown to walk on water... thematically shadow knights should be able to walk on water like the rest of the shadow creatures.
  • Using fossil pieces or statues to trap mobs... dumbest looking thing that will never be fixed. They are better walls than actual walls... very sad to see such a glaring bug exist for so long... makes DST look so unpolished everytime i see someone use it in youtube videos.
  • Any way to get bosses stuck on any entities.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gashzer said:

If you are sick of fighting bosses 100 times for loot for a megabase, instead of using exploits which is just cheating with extra steps, just admit you are a cheater and use GetPlayer().components.builder:GiveAllRecipes() command to craft for free. This is why exploits/cheese should be patched. You always have the option to cheat with console commands if need be.

Its perfectly fine to use console commands when you are done with the survival part of dst and want only to do creative megabasing!

Why half ass cheating??

I understand console players have no other way to cheat than to use exploits tho. #PCmasterrace :wilson_cool:

 

because cheating =/= (is not equal to) cheesing and exploiting.

First is not interesting, while second and third are and produce dopamine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

 

  Hide contents

 

 

 

 

1 hour ago, Gashzer said:

If you are sick of fighting bosses 100 times for loot for a megabase, instead of using exploits which is just cheating with extra steps, just admit you are a cheater and use GetPlayer().components.builder:GiveAllRecipes() command to craft for free. This is why exploits/cheese should be patched. You always have the option to cheat with console commands if need be.

Its perfectly fine to use console commands when you are done with the survival part of dst and want only to do creative megabasing!

Why half ass cheating??

I understand console players have no other way to cheat than to use exploits tho. #PCmasterrace :wilson_cool:

 

i disagree. 

in my opinion, cheating is cheating, cheesing is more like using unconventional tools and strategies to make the fight easier/shorter. 

of course, sometimes some cheesing methods need to be fixed, but in most cases they don't hurt anyone. 

and if you want to "fix" all cheeses, then you'll quickly run into a problem of what is even considered a cheese and how to fix them without causing more problems. 

is building walls in dfly fight considered a cheese? using bunnymen on bq? what about merm guards? is the usage of catapults on some bosses a cheese?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Gashzer said:

If you are sick of fighting bosses 100 times for loot for a megabase, instead of using exploits which is just cheating with extra steps, just admit you are a cheater and use GetPlayer().components.builder:GiveAllRecipes() command to craft for free. This is why exploits/cheese should be patched. You always have the option to cheat with console commands if need be.

Its perfectly fine to use console commands when you are done with the survival part of dst and want only to do creative megabasing!

Why half ass cheating??

tbh every character except for the ones I play should be removed from the character selection screen, I don't see the point for those other characters to exist if I don't like them, and if you still want to play them you can just use console commands or use a mod to add them back so it doesn't affect anyone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

tbh every character except for the ones I play should be removed from the character selection screen, I don't see the point for those other characters to exist if I don't like them, and if you still want to play them you can just use console commands or use a mod to add them back so it doesn't affect anyone

This is the dumbest thing i've ever read, that is not a relatable comparsion what so ever. Characters are intentional added by the devs. Exploits are not intentionally added. Hence why they are called exploits. Obviously Klei doesn't have the resources quickly track and patch every exploit, especially any exploits related to pathfinding... i would hazard a guess that it would take a massive time-consuming rework to mob pathfinding to fix them all.

If klei had your mindset Guille, DST would of died during its early-access beta cause no bugs at all would be fixed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, skile said:

 

 

i disagree. 

in my opinion, cheating is cheating, cheesing is more like using unconventional tools and strategies to make the fight easier/shorter. 

of course, sometimes some cheesing methods need to be fixed, but in most cases they don't hurt anyone. 

and if you want to "fix" all cheeses, then you'll quickly run into a problem of what is even considered a cheese and how to fix them without causing more problems. 

is building walls in dfly fight considered a cheese? using bunnymen on bq? what about merm guards? is the usage of catapults on some bosses a cheese?

 

 

Honestly it’s going to depend entirely on what Klei intended for us to be able to do against that boss or that particular area of the game- for example I’ve recently discovered that placing 6 stone walls on the dock of a Moon Quay Island allows you to kill a Monkey Hut while the other Monkeys are too dumb to swim even though they CLEARLY have a unused Diving Animation.

I don’t feel this is cheating because- maybe some monkeys are too dumb/can’t swim? 

They can’t get to you to defend the Monkey your Murdering.. but if Klei doesn’t intend for me to do this they’ll just patch the monkeys so they swim or turn their canons to blast my walls down.

But when it gets fixed (if it gets fixed) I won’t complain because I’ll know that’s not the way Klei intended me to experience that content

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you should reread your previous comments then

So grumble bee pathfinding is perfect and makes total sense that they choose to fly over the fence sometimes and follow a fence maze other times? Definitely no bugs or exploits at all? Im dumb for sayin this? Alot of you forumites hate cheese fixes eh? Maybe we should get the old ancient guardian back while we are at it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gashzer said:

So grumble bee pathfinding is perfect and makes total sense that they choose to fly over the fence sometimes and follow a fence maze other times? Definitely no bugs or exploits at all? Im dumb for sayin this? Alot of you forumites hate cheese fixes eh? Maybe we should get the old ancient guardian back while we are at it?

what is dumb is wasting time on fixing things that doesnt affect people that dont use them but might make some players stop playing the game instead of using that time and resources on fixing annoying bugs or release new content

if you want old AG good, i didnt minded fighting him legit like i didnt mind other people rushing it with an axe and a lantern behind a pilar

why you care how others play?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

So grumble bee pathfinding is perfect and makes total sense that they choose to fly over the fence sometimes and follow a fence maze other times? Definitely no bugs or exploits at all? Im dumb for sayin this? Alot of you forumites hate cheese fixes eh? Maybe we should get the old ancient guardian back while we are at it?

there is no way someone will accidentally do a bee queen cheese, if someone cheeses is because they want to

dont like it dont use its literally that simple, exploits are good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

what is dumb is wasting time on fixing things that doesnt affect people that dont use them but might make some players stop playing the game instead of using that time and resources on fixing annoying bugs or release new content

if you want old AG good, i didnt minded fighting him legit like i didnt mind other people rushing it with an axe and a lantern behind a pilar

why you care how others play?

Don't kid yourself, everyone on these forums are as addicted to DST as i am... if they removed these exploits you all would still play DST :wilson_ecstatic:

A pathfinding overhaul that fixes these bugs would also open up new fun possibilities for future bosses and content. Klei reuses/repurposes assets and mob AI all the time.

Yeah and if klei listened to you, we wouldn't have the new AG which is 1000% more fun than the old one.

45 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

there is no way someone will accidentally do a bee queen cheese, if someone cheeses is because they want to

dont like it dont use its literally that simple, exploits are good

The don't like don't use it arguement is a terrible one. Its about creating a game which is as polished as possible. As i said above, fixing these massive pathfinding issues may allow klei to do more complicated mob AI in the future... leading to all sorts of possiblities. Don't be so narrow minded lads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...