7 hours ago, Prajdo said:

The worst thing about it is that it literally kills possible future appearance of Wilbur.

There was about a 0% chance of Wilbur being added before this. Wonkey is barely different from Wilbur and was the only way Wilbur would ever get in. I got no clue why team Wilbur is unhappy here. 

4 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I got no clue why team Wilbur is unhappy here. 

No ability to build own monkey huts and not being able to recruit monkeys like classic Wilbur is probably the key factor as to "why"

2 hours ago, ALCRD said:

No ability to build own monkey huts and not being able to recruit monkeys like classic Wilbur is probably the key factor as to "why"

I dunno I think I like Wonkey better- it would’ve been so cool if each playable character had their own unique “Wonkey” skin like maybe Wendy’s could be dark blue tinted in the face, while Wurts would be a light pinkish etc.. just letting each Monkey Form look unique- Maybe Wendy Monkey could’ve carried over a little flower behind the ear, or Wolfgang Monkey could’ve had a cute little mustache.

It was probably wayyyyy too much work for Klei to squeeze into one monthly update- but it’s something I would like to see touched up on in a future QoL.

Now that I’ve said this I bet there will be mods for something similar.

I can honestly do without Wilbur.. in fact with the new “You become Cursed Monkey” theme Klei has going NOW I would like to see if Wilbur really was a human king (Aka maybe the Moon Quay Queen could get quotes where she talks about a stubborn Royal human who lived amongst their kind for awhile..) or perhaps Wilbur shows up cured of being Monkey as an NPC.

I loved how GTA V had all these subtle little hints and nods to events from the previous games- GTA V was still a good game even if you never played the previous entries in the series but when there are nods thrown in from the previous games it just leaves the player with this sort of satisfaction of “hey I remember that..” 

And the Curse of Moon Quay could potentially lead to Wilbur lore same way GTA V had hints of lore for previous titles.

As far as building huts and befriending monkeys.. Klei can always revisit Wonkey mechanics later and add to/remove from them same as they touched up Wurt & Wormwood with QoLs.

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

in fact with the new “You become Cursed Monkey” theme Klei has going NOW I would like to see if Wilbur really was a human king (Aka maybe the Moon Quay Queen could get quotes where she talks about a stubborn Royal human who lived amongst their kind for awhile..) or perhaps Wilbur shows up cured of being Monkey as an NPC.

I loved how GTA V had all these subtle little hints and nods to events from the previous games- GTA V was still a good game even if you never played the previous entries in the series but when there are nods thrown in from the previous games it just leaves the player with this sort of satisfaction of “hey I remember that..” 

And the Curse of Moon Quay could potentially lead to Wilbur lore same way GTA V had hints of lore for previous titles.

As far as building huts and befriending monkeys.. Klei can always revisit Wonkey mechanics later and add to/remove from them same as they touched up Wurt & Wormwood with QoLs.

I guess but isnt this kinda impossible? I mean Wilbur was in Shipwrecked. The portal and Wonkey came in later? Unless Shipwrecked was in an alternate timeline or something

7 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Make a mod then for your personal masochistic needs and keep rest of us out of it ;)

this is don't Starve, no a walk simulator

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

wilbur is the primal monkey king, new monkeys are powder monkeys which are very different

26 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

this is don't Starve, no a walk simulator

Wrong.. this is Don't Starve Together not Don't Starve.

Putting cursed monkey trinkets everywhere in loot sources where it logically makes no sense and is just there to needlessly punish players for basic things like looting. In the most trolling way possible.

Is a very poorly thought out suggestion that only belongs in a mod.

Don't know if you noticed but games supposed to be FUN and Challenging.

Not unfun and tedious. Imagine discouraging looting in a game where gathering loot is important part of the game lmao.

Why stop there? Make everyone be forced to play Wonkey .. no character select and cut their inventory space in half.

These "hur hur make da game more punishing cus reasons" are begining to sound more and more like bait posts.

No the trinkets being tied to Monkey loot ONLY is fine and while annoying its still within reason.

There is a very thin line between Challenge and Tedium..

8 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Putting cursed monkey trinkets everywhere in loot sources where it logically makes no sense and is just there to needlessly punish players for basic things like looting. In the most trolling way possible

how looting cursed pirate chests giving trinkets makes no sense?

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

how looting cursed pirate chests giving trinkets makes no sense?

How are ruins labirynth chests and graves related to Moon Quay pirates?

8 hours ago, Cheggf said:

There was about a 0% chance of Wilbur being added before this. Wonkey is barely different from Wilbur and was the only way Wilbur would ever get in. I got no clue why team Wilbur is unhappy here. 

For me personally? I'm not even in that "team Wilbur". I just liked his graphic design way more then Wonkey.

1 hour ago, Prajdo said:

For me personally? I'm not even in that "team Wilbur". I just liked his graphic design way more then Wonkey.

I disagree.. I turned into Wonkey as Wendy and while I was sad that I was no longer Wendy, she does make for one really adorable little chimpanzee in the clothing I had her in when it “Transformed” Me. 

9FE0F646-CAAF-4D1A-A312-B8B79F30F5B2.thumb.jpeg.031b3be2e5326f653b134b3cfdd5d3d0.jpeg

Before Transformations.. and we’ll uhh After

A656E21A-552B-4816-9669-C1DF6FD009FB.thumb.png.e9fa50dab1aa443264a15620f7088099.png

It would be freaking adorable if I wasn’t stuck as this Monkey probably forever now..

Here's a way to avoid it completely after you visit the island! Block off / destroy all monkey huts, kill all the monkeys, uncurse yourself, get a cannon blueprint, make a cannon and ammunition for it, boom, done, you'll never get cursed again unless you want to get the treasure :)

14 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:
  Hide contents

Curse meter
When it fills to 100, you become Wonkey
Slowly diminishes overtime when not Wonkey(Diminishing faster the closer it is to empty, though not too fast), does not diminish when Wonkey, requiring finding the monkey queen.
Each cursed trinket picked up adds 10 curse to the meter, rather then them hogging an inventory slot.
Giving the monkey queen a banana instantly removes 40 curse from the meter.
When Wonkey, emptying the curse meter undoes the curse, returning you to your prior form.

Hide contents

I feel like that would be a good implementation of it, many will likely disagree, but I feel like it gets the mechanic across without being too annoying, especially with it diminishing meaning if you pick up one or two trinkets, you can just wait it out while doing other things(like maybe working on your base?) rather then immediately wasting time going back to the monkey queen.

I'm against the idea of the curse being something that passively resolves itself I feel like that goes against the nature of the game it'd be one thing if they spawned thru the entire sea but since they don't and their rate of spawn is already really low I think that's going too far tho making it a meter so it doesn't remove a slot and maybe giving it a 10 trinket inventory cap as well.

9 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Putting cursed monkey trinkets everywhere in loot sources where it logically makes no sense and is just there to needlessly punish players for basic things like looting. In the most trolling way possible.

Is a very poorly thought out suggestion that only belongs in a mod.

Don't know if you noticed but games supposed to be FUN and Challenging.

Not unfun and tedious. Imagine discouraging looting in a game where gathering loot is important part of the game lmao.

Why stop there? Make everyone be forced to play Wonkey .. no character select and cut their inventory space in half.

These "hur hur make da game more punishing cus reasons" are begining to sound more and more like bait posts.

No the trinkets being tied to Monkey loot ONLY is fine and while annoying its still within reason.

There is a very thin line between Challenge and Tedium..

Personally I don't see the problem with making it part of the of the many more dangerous set pieces that can spawn like the summer trap, winter trap, gunpowder trap rain trap, etc. I feel like a Wonkey trap would fit right in tho I do agree it shouldn't spawn in caves so long as they're not too overwhelming I'd love for more traps to be added to add to the chaos and add sense of paranoia to survival while strongarming players into exploring. For example the Wonkey trap could be a chest with 10 cursed trinkets, 10 bananas, 10 rot, and 10 banana bushes.

I just think is really unfortunate we are really blocked from any creative solutions to get rid of curse. I don't mean cheap cheese, but doing things... in creative way (which might be interpreted in many ways, but let's pretend some super creative solutions could exist). At this point my telelocator instead of lunar island or any other interesting place might lead to monkey island to just get rid of curse when finish looting. And is hard to have more than one telelocator set in some worldgens.
On top of that I think Wonkey is not much interesting character. We still cannot even throw manure at other Wonkeys - I could joke is like pre-rework Wes without balloons. It doesn't do much, but is fun to do something stupid.

Personally, I'm thankful you can get rid of those trinkets at all, otherwise we'd be living in a monkey version of the gorge

oh no... Wendy your hand is turning into a monkey hand...
AND WOLFGANG... is that a TAIL?
Our world... it's gone to hell... This is ... bananas... ... .. .

I'm ready for DST to just turn into Fortnite, this is the monkey event that in two weeks will explode out of existence, anyone after the event who is still turned into a monkey will stay like that until they regenerte the world. Next update building will be temporarily removed, sciencepass will be added to the game and it will cost 2k spools every month

12 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I'm against the idea of the curse being something that passively resolves itself I feel like that goes against the nature of the game it'd be one thing if they spawned thru the entire sea but since they don't and their rate of spawn is already really low I think that's going too far tho making it a meter so it doesn't remove a slot and maybe giving it a 10 trinket inventory cap as well.

I always think about the casual players and for the casuals.. Moon Quay curse is too much.. when is a casual player ever going to have Bananas on hand?

I feel like cursed trinkets should stack to 20.. But if you do not attack Monkeys for 3 game days one necklace should automatically leave your inventory.

In addition to this I would change pirate raids so they can happen ANYWHERE on the ocean (so your killing or avoiding them a lot more often) with the closer you are to Moon Quay Island obviously being more guarded by more Monkey.

I suppose the reason the trinkets do NOT disappear slowly over time is for the players who want to remain a Monkey.. which is understandable- but being stuck as a Monkey until you give the queen X bananas severely punishes players who don’t want to be Monkey.

As a Wendy Main.. it’s Easy AF to get 14 cursed Trinkets in 8 seconds.. and it just feels a tad bit too much- but that’s just my opinion..

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I always think about the casual players and for the casuals.. Moon Quay curse is too much.. when is a casual player ever going to have Bananas on hand?

I feel like cursed trinkets should stack to 20.. But if you do not attack Monkeys for 3 game days one necklace should automatically leave your inventory.

In addition to this I would change pirate raids so they can happen ANYWHERE on the ocean (so your killing or avoiding them a lot more often) with the closer you are to Moon Quay Island obviously being more guarded by more Monkey.

I suppose the reason the trinkets do NOT disappear slowly over time is for the players who want to remain a Monkey.. which is understandable- but being stuck as a Monkey until you give the queen X bananas severely punishes players who don’t want to be Monkey.

As a Wendy Main.. it’s Easy AF to get 14 cursed Trinkets in 8 seconds.. and it just feels a tad bit too much- but that’s just my opinion..

See, this already sounds a bit better to me, accidently kill one or two monkies? Wait a few days and the necklaces will go away, but if you slaughter a few crews you still get punished.

That already sounds better to me then the whole process of "oops, picked up ONE necklace, time to waste the next several minutes boating back to the monkey queen to give her a banana."

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

if a casual player is experienced enough to get trinkets means that is experienced enough to reach the island and fix the curse and pick some bushes from the portal or go to the caves and kill some monkeys. The raids only happen near the island for a reason and is so you dont have to travel that much to cure it and not being in constant danger. For that they are strong, they only appear in a known area so you can be safe in the rest of the ocean

being something is solve without player interaction is a really bad concept imo and will also make us not able to stay as wonkey 

2 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

See, this already sounds a bit better to me, accidently kill one or two monkies? Wait a few days and the necklaces will go away, but if you slaughter a few crews you still get punished.

That already sounds better to me then the whole process of "oops, picked up ONE necklace, time to waste the next several minutes boating back to the monkey queen to give her a banana."

if you picked one trinket means that you are close to the island

On 7/1/2022 at 1:52 PM, Cloakingsumo198 said:

So some curse nullifying item can be made in the future and be useable for woodie.

Reveal hidden contents

Hopefully

Slightly off topic, as someone who's trying to make a mod that includes this, would a theoretical item use nightmare fuel to nullify the curse, or lunar power?

Neither options seems to make thematic sense as monster meat (which seems linked to nightmare fuel via beardlings) and the moon both cause transformations to occur. Is it something inbetween? Best I could do is a totem that has both a iridescent and yellow gem to cancel out the effects.

20 hours ago, Notecja said:

I just think is really unfortunate we are really blocked from any creative solutions to get rid of curse. I don't mean cheap cheese, but doing things... in creative way (which might be interpreted in many ways, but let's pretend some super creative solutions could exist). At this point my telelocator instead of lunar island or any other interesting place might lead to monkey island to just get rid of curse when finish looting. And is hard to have more than one telelocator set in some worldgens.
On top of that I think Wonkey is not much interesting character. We still cannot even throw manure at other Wonkeys - I could joke is like pre-rework Wes without balloons. It doesn't do much, but is fun to do something stupid.

Maybe there is, but not for singleplayer, Wes can pick up all of the cursed trinkets so no one useful has to worry about it

Archived