12 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

See, this already sounds a bit better to me, accidently kill one or two monkies? Wait a few days and the necklaces will go away, but if you slaughter a few crews you still get punished.

That already sounds better to me then the whole process of "oops, picked up ONE necklace, time to waste the next several minutes boating back to the monkey queen to give her a banana."

I think you may be misunderstanding me- 

I would only make this change if their spawn rate was changed to impact the entire ocean so if the player WANTS to remain as Wonkey all they need to do is kill a few pirates that come to them..

Otherwise: The current way the curse works is fine because they only spawn when you are quite literally sailing near their island (which is like 10% area of the corner of your map) so- In conclusion you have to actively be searching for their island to encounter the pirates.

This absolutely sucks in my opinion and does nothing to make the ocean any less boring or tedious.. However-

If you are headed towards Moon Quay island you will most likely WANT to be Wonkey when you get there so any resources you attempt to pick up won’t be robbed blind from you.. and once you get there and gather what you need: you can take it back to the main land to set up banana bushes and Palmcone etc.. That way when you DO get cursed you can just pick some bananas right before venturing to Moon Quay Island and give them to her (she seems to remove more necklaces if given cooked Banana) 

As a Wendy Main it was as easy as 8 seconds to become Wonkey… and several Hours before I was able to change back to Wendy- it’s harsh.. yes, but once you know what your doing and more importantly: Understand that in its current iteration you can only become cursed if your intentionally on your way to Moon Quay Island- It’s honestly not as bad as my first impression.

If my idea of having necklaces disappear over time when your not hostile to the monkeys was to be added: Then I’d want the Monkeys to appear more often to increase the chances you will want to kill/avoid them.. 

And I’m not talking about just At Sea Raids… I think an item named “Monkey Tails” should have a chance to spawn a Monkey while you attempt to Harvest it.

I am only suggesting the PASSIVE method to remove the Curse because it only makes sense that if your not killing/stealing from the Monkeys that you learned lesson about mass monkey murder sprees the first time.

This ALSO allows anyone who wants to remain as Wonkey to simply kill a few more Monkeys before all their necklaces fade out of existence.

9 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

Now you can be a curse bomb that can curse someone else! Just be a red cap away from death.

Clearly this was all Peter's plan to make us eat red caps.

True geniuses setup a curse barrier around all the bosses and entrances to the ruins.

On 7/1/2022 at 1:41 PM, Echsrick said:

i wonder, whats the actualy point of that feature even existing? like, it does nothing whatsoever, it is a litteral punishment for killing hostile creatures, i mean, you litteraly become a worse wilson, that disease/curse/mistake is just there, an anti feature if you so will, existing only for punishing with out any pay offs at all, it does not have any other usefull or plays with other mechanics of the game, it simply just exist, and im so sure if a mod exist to just remove the curse trinkets, nothing at all would change, so i wonder, what exactly is the point of that? and becoming monkey is not the answere, since thats the punishment for just playing the game

I run faster

Edit: I'm now essentially a former Wilson now playing tropico with the amount of bananas I'm farming; cope and seethe to your wonkey Wilson overlord

On 7/3/2022 at 10:23 AM, h2mk said:

Maybe there is, but not for singleplayer, Wes can pick up all of the cursed trinkets so no one useful has to worry about it

Shouldn't you be giving those to Wurt? 

Archived