Potential Webber change I think would make a lot of sense/Skin ideas

Part 1:

Dear Klei entertainment ever sense the webber rework came out I’ve noticed that one thing is missing and that thing is a small but noticeable sanity  drain when befriended spiders die it doesn’t even need to increase by the spider like being in range of befriended spiders dying drains not spider by spider and if that’s to much sanity loss then preferred he can gain sanity from decorated dens and you send yourself that the point of the reworks are to make the characters more like themselves so please make this change it would make a world of difference I love your game and this community and thank you

If you like or dislike my ideas please leave a response feel free to tell me your opinion 

Part 2:

p.s. Also although not as important to me it would be nice if characters pacific companions and the companion’s home you know companions like Woby,Webber’s spiders ,Wickerbottom’s grumble bees, Wurt’s  merms, Lucy,Burnie,Maxwells shadow clones  and the bio scandalizer or Jimmy I think people are calling it, tools ,transformations(Woody and Wilba if she gets added) some ghosts , idol animations(Webber’s spun web should probably match his beard),a triumphant skin for beefalo and structures /aesthetics( such  as base stuff or something random like shadow flames that come from a triumphant Willow’s lighter kinda like the dung bell bolder skin from the Wolfgang rework)had skins like there respective characters(also to be clear I realize some of these ideas may be a little critiquing but I’m just throwing stuff out there to see what sticks honestly I’d be happy with the skin fixes and companion/tool  skins but  still the other skins would make a lot more sense)  maybe not all companions but the one essential to the character obviously not all skins Expectably sense theres a warrior spider skin for webber which would be confusing but  at the very less triumphant skins for webber’s spiders I’m thinking through the den decorating kit skin and  for Wurt’s merms I’m thinking through merm hut and  DIY royalty kit or warrior merm hut  and if you plan to give some characters a second rework like The Wes rework I got some ideas like cutters(name open for change) made  from 2 razors and some webs ,spreading ground webs by placing  2 webs (or more if you see fit) on the ground like turf,Queen decorating sets, upon feeding spider queens meat Webber gets  spider eggs/webs and possibly even sleeping nurse spiders  like merm/pig king gifts and rewards , faster farming,volt goat milking, like bush hat or snurdal shells and is made like spider eggs but instead of spider glands it’s built with a den decorating set or instead of the the spider egg idea its made with a empty den dropped by spider queen spawning+ something else(maybe dencorating set+ someing else)  called webbers den or queen less den and if there are befriended spiders or a new character pacific permanently bedazzled variant of normal,warrior and nurse spiders possibly even baby spiders     not being used will return to webber like a den, a chance for that weird electic stuff the fused webber together to turn a hit in to a electric attack etc. 

if you don’t like the second  part pay it no mind I don’t want it to undermind the first part

this is a comment I left on a YouTube video in which I think is a good way to implement  my  original suggestions  in to the new skill tree  system 

I think not as a skill tree mechanic but  as a down side  Webber should lose sanity when spiders die in a certain  vicinity  of him at the very least befriended and plus if that makes the game to unplayable then they can make him gain sanity around decorated dens like how regular characters lose sanity around normal dens , grain sanity around alive befriended spiders like how regular characters lose around normal spiders, or both 

Possible way to get new exp is befriending all a 8 different type of spiders and maybe decorating a den for the first time and sense that’s only  9 maybe something  farming related for the other 6 after unlocking all the different types of switcher doodles you unlock the ability to befriend queens but  sense having them as a faction is unrealistically overpowered I’m thinking a merm/pig king or beefalo sort of thing and maybe the the beard thing but instead of food it’s spiders but I feel  they can do better then parodying Wilson and the purple stuff  surrounding the spider in the Webber  animation I think might be pure horror ether for the machine or the spider himself  so they could do something with that other then that they could embrace his farm past a have something to do with farming

I just thought of another idea for webbers potential skill tree what if they re use the baby spiders from the forge and it is the silk beard equivalent of Wilson’s beard  inventory where they full up the beard inventory and they would have the same mechanics as in the forge but instead of going to sleep when Webber dies they each could only be outside the beard for so long after that they return to the beard and nap and they’ll need to charge back up before using them again so you decide if,when,and how many you takeout at a time  and if you die or shave they just go back in to the beard pocket dimension

Also depending on what beard skin you have on will determine what they look like  they would look like tiny versions of what spiders from a den that has a queen that looks like that beards respective Webber skin and if they don’t just appear once you to grow your beard you would just apply a spider eggs item to your beard and maybe by applying a den decorating set to your beard there will be a portable range that all spiders with in it will be come bedazzled spiders  this would be useful for when you and your none webber friends are traveling though an area that is densely packed with spiders dens and if that to op maybe a smaller range the normal decorated dens and maybe give Webber the ability to wrap his beard around himself to make a Pseudo spider den Obviously lease restoration then normal/decorated dens it’s not really meant to be frequent thing just something to give that edge every once and a while

I was just thinking what if for the alinement each side has there own bars and if to bars is powerful then make each half as strong 

What if shadow and mutated switcher doodles were made like shatter switcher doodles but replace the two moon glass with two pure horror or two pure brilliance  and they would have two attacks each mirroring each other reflective of the equal and opposite thing going on the first attack is basically a reskinned shattered spider moon glass spike attack but more powerful not sure how much more powerful this is more a  proof of concept where they they produce pure horror spikes and pure brilliance spikes and the second attack is when they bite it’s a poison bite like shipwreck spider warriors but the  greenish yellow particle effect and border are ether black or white maybe black with red highlights or blue with white highlights  depending on whether there shadow or lunar alined and each spider is more powerful against   Mods of opposite alignment and suffer less damage from those of the same alignment

I just realized based on Wilson’s alignment he gets 3 crafts so I was thinking we split each type into normal, warrior, and nurse but that’s to uncreative so what if instead  I change it from spider mutations to spider care and they passively heal them selfs and others but not as much as nurses so we don’t steal their gimmick , a weapon made from the special gland drone one of you fallen  compatriots  and a queen decorating set

I feel like I should add something to lean more in to the whole being a monster thing what do you think I should add

maybe partial night vision  sense spiders walk around at night 

or maybe to the ability to sleep during the day because spiders sleep during the day

What if  Webber could make web bombs

it would be like yucus snot but it might be able to 4 maybe more

I got the  next ones from @NNOUS the last two are mine but I was  inspired by them

- webber can study other spider to learn they ability:

learning form dweller/warrior spider to learn jumping (1 tile? frogwebber coming real? jump to sea will make him drown) but cost hunger to do so

learning form spitter to can spit out sticky silk up on a mobs. cause it move slower by 50% (no damage) and cost hunger to do so

learning form cave spider can make webber to mitigate 1 attack form any mob. (only 1 time per day) (thicken shell)

learning form nurse spider to cause they heal mechanic become more effective. (+25%)?

he striders teach Webber how to be more Buoyant on water you know give the same thing wurt has or at least or at least decrease the toll of falling into the water

What if he learns from normal spiders how to  bite like a spider where he every once in a while he will bite inside of punching or if he doesn’t learn anything from normal spiders have it be an unrelated ability 

@QuartzBeam

This is the last I plan to do this(reposting the same thing if that wasn’t clear) I understand how that can be annoying but I was just trying to get noticed by the  developers  till I realized you could message them directly I messaged 2 and 1 responded and suggested making a tread on this sub forum 

wow basically told my life story lol not really but you get what I mean 

Anyway thanks for your comment I was starting to think no one would and what is your opinion on my ideas or at least my mane idea other then a few likes and a happy slug thing I haven’t got any feedback 

3 hours ago, WhackE said:

no

I don't think we should subject Klei Developers into watching Beards videos, are you trying to torture them?

Ha ha very funny but seriously this is good stuff it fits Maxwell so well and why you hating on beard and I’m very curious about your opinion  why not wilba

Klei should implement  these 

Wow I’ve been linking beard videos a weird amount of times. if I had a quarter for every time I’ve linked beard videos I’d have 3 quarters witch isn’t a lot but it’s weird that it happened thrice considering how small this forum  is

I wish Webber's spiders were more special and Webber had more utility - my Webber rework changes

+ whites jumps 2x

+ yellows immune to screeching

+ can build other dens (cave and glass dens on certain turf like Merm huts)

+ purples/greys/yellow switchadoodles (shell/glass/warrior spiders) are cheaper so players make more of them rather than spamming nurse

+ special headbands that buff spiders in different ways - like poison dmg, hp regen, attack speed (can wear hats on top of that) 

+ can craft silk turf which slows enemies (so you can slow mobs without worry of the spider den)

+ befriend spider queens

- loses healing goop (I never used this)

- loses speed boost on silk turf (it doesn't make a lick of sense)

- Webber has limited amount of befriended spiders like max 15, so he's not a walking lag machine for everyone on the server

- orange switchadoodles (nurse spiders) are more expensive

! on a side-note I want more uses with spider glands

On 5/23/2022 at 10:39 PM, Dr.Webber said:

why you hating on beard and I’m very curious about your opinion

He has quite the history. Stealing content, stealing art from contests on his discord, doing 1984 on his discord, as the cool kids would say it.

On 7/13/2022 at 2:38 AM, __IvoCZE__ said:

He has quite the history. Stealing content, stealing art from contests on his discord, doing 1984 on his discord, as the cool kids would say it.

Thanks for this info , maybe beard has changed cause correct me if wrong but i don’t think he does that anymore 

Wow if all that is true it really shows anyone can change 

I respect your to not respond further more but if you change your mind I’d love to hear more if you wish to go more in-depth or maybe comment on other things 

On 7/13/2022 at 1:02 PM, Maxwell Gameing said:

they should just hire dr webber as a developer for dont starve together already so he can release the new dlc charcter "Webber 2"

Although I think they would think I’m too young to hire hypothetically I would  add it to Webber himself/themselves but speaking of dlc if this wasn’t a third stand alone don’t starve I’d make a dlc that takes place after don’t starve together  still malty player , world plunged in darkness,all characters from don’t starve together in triumphant form on there own islands filled with minions  and 2 boss battles each 1mini 1normal(don’t starve together triumphant character) world safer in some ways less safe in others you play as a humanoid gestalt that makes there own light named Wisp and to unlock old characters and the last island you need to put all of the main bosses in well on lunar island that you spawn from where they will become lunar version of there triumphant selves and depending on what  character you are when you defeat or loss to  Charlie on the last island witch is the epilogue island from don’t starve minions are clockworks mini boss is   a super shadow (still working on the name) there will be suggest and failures skin that is the ruff draft I left some small details but you get the idea

On 7/12/2022 at 8:18 PM, JJ0264 said:

I wish Webber's spiders were more special and Webber had more utility - my Webber rework changes

+ whites jumps 2x

+ yellows immune to screeching

+ can build other dens (cave and glass dens on certain turf like Merm huts)

+ purples/greys/yellow switchadoodles (shell/glass/warrior spiders) are cheaper so players make more of them rather than spamming nurse

+ special headbands that buff spiders in different ways - like poison dmg, hp regen, attack speed (can wear hats on top of that) 

+ can craft silk turf which slows enemies (so you can slow mobs without worry of the spider den)

+ befriend spider queens

- loses healing goop (I never used this)

- loses speed boost on silk turf (it doesn't make a lick of sense)

- Webber has limited amount of befriended spiders like max 15, so he's not a walking lag machine for everyone on the server

- orange switchadoodles (nurse spiders) are more expensive

! on a side-note I want more uses with spider glands

Although I think the finer details could use some work over all the are some god level ideas

some of the stuff from this mod is kinda cool....but I don't like that everything became a sanity drain... I feel like a permanent chunk of sanity being removed is both an interesting penalty, and makes sense to his maxwell's perk. Each shadow puppet takes part of maxwell's mind to control, he has to be aware of the shadow puppet's movements, location as well as manipulate the shadows constantly while they are alive, basically he is splitting his mind into pieces to control the puppets... The trade off doesn't make any sense at all, because the shadows do not drain maxwell's sanity, they do not make him insane, they only inhibit his maximum sanity because his mind is in smaller pieces between the puppets he created.

Some of the good ideas were controlling the puppets better...I mean...they ARE puppets, they should be able to take commands rather than running around randomly and destroying everything in their path, even when the player really doesn't want that. the shadow duelists needing a dark sword made a lot of sense as well... No matter what the rework ends up being, it should add in more abilities, like more puppets, different puppets or other shadow related recipes exclusive to maxwell, puppet or weapon, or whatever it may be.

10 hours ago, Jinjetica said:

some of the stuff from this mod is kinda cool....but I don't like that everything became a sanity drain... I feel like a permanent chunk of sanity being removed is both an interesting penalty, and makes sense to his maxwell's perk. Each shadow puppet takes part of maxwell's mind to control, he has to be aware of the shadow puppet's movements, location as well as manipulate the shadows constantly while they are alive, basically he is splitting his mind into pieces to control the puppets... The trade off doesn't make any sense at all, because the shadows do not drain maxwell's sanity, they do not make him insane, they only inhibit his maximum sanity because his mind is in smaller pieces between the puppets he created.

Some of the good ideas were controlling the puppets better...I mean...they ARE puppets, they should be able to take commands rather than running around randomly and destroying everything in their path, even when the player really doesn't want that. the shadow duelists needing a dark sword made a lot of sense as well... No matter what the rework ends up being, it should add in more abilities, like more puppets, different puppets or other shadow related recipes exclusive to maxwell, puppet or weapon, or whatever it may be.

Intriguing 

I was just thinking what if they update Wonkey to have player pacific crafting like optional  acursed trinket(s) and something else maybe monster meat, other acursed trinket related crafts and monkey huts maybe, use your imagination sky is the limit 

Archived