Educated Guess on WX's Short

I am going to make an educated guess to the short for WX-78.

In the detective board for Winona's short, we have this weird flier that Winona collected labeled "Exposition Universelle 1910". Picture in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

WX_guess.png.7c9c1617edafd51eb3b494619d7e0b4a.png

The Exposition Universelle was a world fair that was held during 1910 in Brussels, Belgium; with world fairs being a place for nations to get together and show off their achievements.

What's interesting is that there was a big fire on the 14th and 15th of August that year.

So what better place to show off your latest invention (cough WX-78 cough) than a World fair that conveniently had a big fire for something to disappear!

And that's my theory for what the short is going to be about. If it's not, then what the heck is this poster supposed to be about lmao.

Possible, though I personally doubt it.

Going by WX's biography, it seems that however Wagstaff made them, he regrets and feels shame about it. Not enough to dismantle them thankfully, but it definitly seems like something that Wagstaff wouldn't be particularly eager to show to the public. 

8 hours ago, PunkShark said:

This actually makes more sense than you might think. Wx has an old quote regarding something about fire, it has always been extremely vague on what it was all about but maybe we'll finally know.
image.png.f98a8df56219ca2c7dbd8d7ebcf422a5.png

That reminds me, when WX examines the potato head thing in single-player (which turns into Maxwell's head), it says this:

wx_01.JPG.b2e432ff2d83a35c4640eb8dde05e74c.JPG

WX also says this for the potato:

wx_02.JPG.75b6acbc4ce4bb0b3f1d5db1a4fe9aff.JPG

Maybe it's a clue on to who the other creator for WX is. Maybe it's lowkey Maxwell or Max in disguise as it would explain how he's been using Wagstaff's designs for the Teleportato, but I'm not sure. 

It's also weird that WX's Chorusbox Circuit is playing Ragtime though, since that's has been what played on the radio when Walter got snatched in his short (and thus presumably Woodie as well) and the fact that Ragtime is what plays when Maxwell is on the throne.

16 hours ago, lakhnish said:

The Exposition Universelle was a world fair that was held during 1910 in Brussels, Belgium; with world fairs being a place for nations to get together and show off their achievements.

What's interesting is that there was a big fire on the 14th and 15th of August that year.

So what better place to show off your latest invention (cough WX-78 cough) than a World fair that conveniently had a big fire for something to disappear!

Funny thing, this Rose Appraiser made the same prediction while compiling and speculating the DS/T timeline. But, of course, speculation is easily disproven as Klei will be the ones to call the shots.

The guess about the fair is solid.

Walt Disney also debuted his animatronic President Lincoln at the 1964 world fair as well, which was a huge advancement for the technology of human animatronic puppetry so theres kinda a neat little parallel between Walt and Wagstaff.

image.png.90955deb7dcbc4c9d97b3a47247216f5.png

Archived