Everyone Asking For The Old Crafting System

There are some good reasons why the crafting system is the way it is now. I used to think that it should happen, that it should be toggle-able. But I really think it should stay this way. They need the crafting system this way for it to be be easier to implement more crafting recipes. 

I do agree they could have worked a little longer on it, but I'm overall pretty happy with it. I know it's a big change, but trust me. It's better for the future. Just stick with the crafting system guys, you'll get used to it. 

Please stop begging and pleading for changes. These devs are smart. Keep the negative posts about it to a minimum. The devs are trying men.

:encouragement:

Sincerely,

Cactus

The Ui is still going through growing pains.  Though people are going to hate it They are allowed to hate it
I personally hate it
but I have a mod that changes it its the best I can do to make it better for myself

KLei needs to still work on the change though because there are players that can't change it via modding.
So they need to make it work best for those players.
This Ui is going to get more changes as time goes on. maybe for the next couple weeks while the masses gets to fully test it.

56 minutes ago, Blunty_x said:

I wasn't even aware there was alot of hate towards the new system. Overall I'm okay with it, I'm sure they'll tweak it..just need new muscle memory for it is all

Neither. I only seen like small handful of posts criticizing it on both Steam and Klei forums.

And even then i seen some people who hated it at first admitting it wasn't actually that bad/better after the changes it went through.

22 minutes ago, Bones Junior said:

Console players are the majority of who is upset. From what I noticed. 

Only because a very few minor changes could be done to improve its quality.

Klei HAS been improving it though, you can press B or Circle on the controller to exit the menu & you can move left/right on the controller if your on the far left of your inventory and tap left again it now moves you far right and Vice versa..

These are Console QOL improvements..

But there’s still some things off about it- Such as the old UI was way easier to quickly Refine boards, stone, rope, gems etc with… to get that same effect with the NEW UI you’ll need to favorite each refining recipe to your pinned tab.

13 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Neither. I only seen like small handful of posts criticizing it on both Steam and Klei forums.

And even then i seen some people who hated it at first admitting it wasn't actually that bad/better after the changes it went through.

You like hellsing?

3 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Not everyone. Some. Yes, is a pretty consistent "some", but still a minority.

I think the title is addressing them. "[To] Everyone Asking For The Old Crafting System".

I don't like how when you're pinning items it moves your cursor over to the pinned tab instead of staying in place.

So if you want to pin multiple items from one tab you have to keep moving back into the crafting tab because you're forced to the bottom of the "pinned" tab.

Also when you're in the "pinned" tab portion of the crafting menu you can't reenter the normal portion without scrolling all the way to the top of your pinned items where it's near the other tabs.

Enless the crafting tab is full to the brim moving from the "pinned" portion and then moving back into the "crafting" portion is awkward.

These are controller issues btw.

15 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

you can move left/right on the controller if your on the far left of your inventory and tap left again it now moves you far right and Vice versa..

Hey Mike I know you play console too has this been added to consoles yet?  From what I've tried I haven't been able to... funny how pc gets better controller compatibility eh?

11 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Hey Mike I know you play console too has this been added to consoles yet?  From what I've tried I haven't been able to... funny how pc gets better controller compatibility eh?

Console version is always several hotfixes behind PC Version, this is no fault of Klei’s and is strictly a result of Sony & Microsoft’s lengthy certification process. But when the feature goes live on console it will be mentioned within the console patch notes found here:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/game-updates/dst_ps4/

or Here:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/game-updates/dst_xboxone/

The most recent one is here:

It’ll likely go live in the “next” game update build for consoles.

• Developer
3 hours ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Enless the crafting tab is full to the brim moving from the "pinned" portion and then moving back into the "crafting" portion is awkward.

This is a knock-on bug from fixing a crash. It will be resolved in the next console hotfix. Sorry about that.

5 hours ago, PeiperPires said:

The only thing I dislike is the new filters. I don't really like how itens show up in more than one filter. I would like it better if the filters worked like the old tabs, but i understand why they are like that.

I used to think that but then I realized I was just thinking that for no reason. Are you able to properly put into words why it's worse that the items appear in multiple categories? When I thought about it like that I was unable to come up with a good answer and now I like that they appear in more than one tab. I see that it's very useful for finding items, especially seasonal ones.

28 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I used to think that but then I realized I was just thinking that for no reason. Are you able to properly put into words why it's worse that the items appear in multiple categories? When I thought about it like that I was unable to come up with a good answer and now I like that they appear in more than one tab. I see that it's very useful for finding items, especially seasonal ones.

I have a thing with organization, and I'm already used to the items in the game, so seeing them in multiple filters kinda triggers me. It's mostly personal opinion tho. I loved the new crafting the first time the beta went up, it was instant adaptation, but I can't quite put my head around the fact that now each item is not tied to just one single filter. Some itens in some filters feel like a bit of a stretch, and that bothers me more that it should.

1 hour ago, PeiperPires said:

I have a thing with organization, and I'm already used to the items in the game, so seeing them in multiple filters kinda triggers me. It's mostly personal opinion tho. I loved the new crafting the first time the beta went up, it was instant adaptation, but I can't quite put my head around the fact that now each item is not tied to just one single filter. Some itens in some filters feel like a bit of a stretch, and that bothers me more that it should.

That's the same answer I came up with. I realized that there wasn't actually anything wrong with it and it was just weird because it was so different.

Some items in certain filters are only there because they technically accomplish the category's requirement, but if those weren't included then it would have to be subjective on what goes where and that would cause all sorts of arguments. All items included in the categories are at least a little helpful in what they're categorized in, and sometimes that little bit can be the push you need (such as the umbrella plus absolutely anything else).

6 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Talk about Character Development :P

On 4/4/2022 at 8:01 AM, Cheggf said:

it’s just that before all the items were only in 1 tab and you knew exactly where to look for, and now, you open the tab, you see this item and get a little lost because you saw it in another and you have to go through the tabs in search of what you need, for example, the same backpack I would not have thought that it could be in clothes, but he is there

2 minutes ago, Maksym.12 said:

it’s just that before all the items were only in 1 tab and you knew exactly where to look for, and now, you open the tab, you see this item and get a little lost because you saw it in another and you have to go through the tabs in search of what you need, for example, the same backpack I would not have thought that it could be in clothes, but he is there

Why does that make you get lost? And why do you need to go search through the other tabs just to see every place it is? You only need to find it once.

Archived