Everyone Asking For The Old Crafting System

13 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Why does that make you get lost? And why do you need to go search through the other tabs just to see every place it is? You only need to find it once.

it’s just that I see an object, for example, in clothes, then I see this object in another tab and subconsciously remember these two tabs, but when there are a lot of such objects, I get messy in my head trying to remember in which tabs this object is now. Therefore, I use the old sorting, it is more familiar and more comfortable.

2 hours ago, Maksym.12 said:

it’s just that I see an object, for example, in clothes, then I see this object in another tab and subconsciously remember these two tabs, but when there are a lot of such objects, I get messy in my head trying to remember in which tabs this object is now. Therefore, I use the old sorting, it is more familiar and more comfortable.

Play however you want and all that, but I really don't get what there is to memorize in the new system. The new categories are crystal clear in what they contain, so even if we ignore the search function, I don't see why you would attempt to memorize anything, when you can instead find things by going "I want a thing that does X, so I'll look in the X tab." This whole memorization business sounds like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

the new craft system is faster than before once u get used to it

just pin stuff  what u want from the start of a new server and change it time from time. stuff like bwraps, staves and battle items are improved to be crafted in tricky situations and tbh i love it the way it is now 

as a suggestion, i use the three layers like:

- 1 is for tools like axes and stuff, ropes [im a lil addicted to ice staves so ]. day by day gathering.

- 2 is for battle items, pretty self explained

3 - for ruins stuff. yall noow it can be tricky dealin with shadows while craftin, so.

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

Play however you want and all that, but I really don't get what there is to memorize in the new system. The new categories are crystal clear in what they contain, so even if we ignore the search function, I don't see why you would attempt to memorize anything, when you can instead find things by going "I want a thing that does X, so I'll look in the X tab." This whole memorization business sounds like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

English is not my main language so I do not particularly use the search. But in any case, it is inconvenient that Klei left the tab of the tab, it was possible to quietly make 1-2 additional tabs to unload the necessary type construction and survival.

33 minutes ago, Maksym.12 said:

English is not my main language so I do not particularly use the search. But in any case, it is inconvenient that Klei left the tab of the tab, it was possible to quietly make 1-2 additional tabs to unload the necessary type construction and survival.

What's inconvenient is the old tabs. By your admission you're memorizing where things go. I haven't memorized where anything goes in the new system but have never had any issue finding anything since they're all in places that make sense. If I want to deal with summer's mechanics I don't have to memorize that the related items are in the suevival, dress, science, magic, light, and possibly more tabs and I don't have to scroll through them looking for what I need. I just go to the summer tab.

On 4/3/2022 at 5:47 PM, PeiperPires said:

The only thing I dislike is the new filters. I don't really like how itens show up in more than one filter. I would like it better if the filters worked like the old tabs, but i understand why they are like that.

The reason there are items in more than one tab is that they fit in more than one category. This makes it easier for people to find an item if they are searching for it. For instance the eyebrella is a rain item and a clothing item so no matter where you search for it you will find it. 

The new crafting system is a good system. Yes it's takes a minute to get used too, but you will. Stick with it. People hated the new farming system but now we love it, same deal here.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to change my bundling wrap skin (on console) when it's pinned. (I use diff skins to tell them apart) so if anyone knows how please let me know. Thanks all!

Yeah we really need the old Crafting UI, I've played 3000 hours with it and never had a problem; Very smooth, efficient, clean and fast; We don't have to look black and white tho, they can add the old UI as an additional option in settings menu, so anyone wanting it can revert.

Archived