Don't you hate it that Celestial Champion is summer locked? (can get it around day 65 best case)

I hate that this boss is locked behind cactus flowers. Right now the meta is bosses > fuel weaver > celestial champion. No other way around it.

Sure he'd still be locked behind spring cause you need weather pains for crab king (not really if there are plenty of players to hit it), but you could get it before FW and it would open many other gameplays, not the stale one we have now. It's not like it can be rushed that easy, it would still take resources, planning, a day 31 moonstone event (or even day 11) etc.

You can get Fuelweaver under day 20 (even day 3 or 4 with perfect rng).. but Celestial Champion is day 65.. why?

The crown is particularly good for characters with no damage multipliers. But even disregarding that, it would open up the gameplay A LOT.

Also bothered by the reasoning that " here's 99 tasks you can chose from to get the pearl but it doesnt matter cause you still have to do this particular one, LOL"

2 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

Won't really solve the problem, but try spring start!

I know but messing with such a big setting should not the way to solve this ridiculous situation.

5 minutes ago, Spino43 said:

There should be an alternative way to obtain cactus flowers. I find it dumb the whole final boss is locked behind a seasonal item.

And, of all things, a FLOWER

Honestly I don't even get why it has to specifically be cactus flowers. Especially since there's already a pearl quest that involves them through flower salad. I don't personally mind having to way some time to be able to do some content, I'm just not a fan of being only able to do a part of progression in some sort of quest in only a single season (nevermind it being the most out of the way season too).

I feel like it's a good thing that people cant get it in early game. It's suppose to be a end game item.

Yes it would be nice to have the crown from day "10" forwards, but really? That would ruin the epic boss idea a little bit, for me at least.

3 minutes ago, Empa505 said:

I feel like it's a good thing that people cant get it in early game. It's suppose to be a end game item.

Yes it would be nice to have the crown from day "10" forwards, but really? That would ruin the epic boss idea a little bit, for me at least.

It would be impossible to get it that early, it would still be a massive challenge to get it by day 40 or something at the minimum. Jazzygames did it in 10 people by day 35 (WITH spring start)

Isn't this boss also locked behind the spawn time of the celestial orb ? The orb may spawn up to day 60 or so.

What a terrible boss to speedrun.

3 hours ago, reallychina said:

The crown is particularly good for characters with no damage multipliers.

With a few exceptions, I always considered the crown as a tamo that provides light (on the surface that is) because i find it very underwhelming when it comes to bosses.

Only active when above 85% sanity ? Each gestalt costs 1 sanity ? Unless you're gonna use cooked cactus, tea or fight under star(s) while standing still, it won't last long enough.

Crown is great for aesthetics though that's for sure !

Just now, reallychina said:

It would be impossible to get it that early, it would still be a massive challenge to get it by day 40 or something at the minimum

I know 10 days wasn't a good explanation, but my point still stands. I think getting the first crown at 65+ is fine.

13 minutes ago, Waynel said:

Isn't this boss also locked behind the spawn time of the celestial orb ? The orb may spawn up to day 60 or so.

What a terrible boss to speedrun.

With a few exceptions, I always considered the crown as a tamo that provides light (on the surface that is) because i find it very underwhelming when it comes to bosses.

Only active when above 85% sanity ? Each gestalt costs 1 sanity ? Unless you're gonna use cooked cactus, tea or fight under star(s) while standing still, it won't last long enough.

Orb would have to be adjusted too.

Whether the crown is good or not is a separate point. Considering it has the highest sanity regen/ perma light/ immunity to gestalt attacks and offers damage, it's a very good item. If you are wigfrid or have a wigfrid ingame, you can use the crown attacks with no cost and 100% uptime. Having the storm active, even without killing CC, provides permanent light (i keep the storms active intentionally).

The point was that the meta is forced into this linear path and there is no reason to. Many other game approaches and game possibilities are cut away.

3 hours ago, reallychina said:

The crown is particularly good for characters with no damage multipliers.

I mean, bundlewrap and bone cage are also very good items, but you can get one first autumn

37 minutes ago, Empa505 said:

I mean, should devs add timers that have to pass to get to some point solely to prevent players completing the game too fast? That would ruin the fun of a number of game speedruns. Not that other categories don't exist, but I'm doing a winter fridged powder cake world. You could say that thr game should be balanced around the default settings (and to some extent I agree), but it still takes a lot of effort to complete the quest even with a spring start.

Unfun fact: No-eyed deer only spawn during autumn, so I can't even fight Claus in my cake world.

Eh, for me I don't really mind. I'm usually not in a rush to fight bosses early on,, and instead prioritize on mapping out the land, picking a spot for base, and collecting resources. What I'm not okay with however, is having to the kill the crab king with his overpowered and BS mechanics, but that's a rant for another day.

Aside from that though, despite the amount of time required to get all of the altars and completing the incomplete experiment, the CC fight ends up being more fair, less resource intensive, and is more fun to fight, at least for me. While the Fuelweaver could be accessed faster than the CC, it's more costly resource wise, a whole lot more complicated to get down, and the fact that he constantly locks you in place and can heal back most of the damage dealt.

Besides, I find going through the whole process of going to CC to be more climatic, essembling 3 ancient altars and awakening the true power of the moon, causing darkness to be expelled and moon storms to arrive. For me, I think it's worth the amount of time needed to summon him, he is supposed to be one of the final bosses after all. 

10 minutes ago, GrapeVruit said:

For me, I think it's worth the amount of time needed to summon him, he is supposed to be one of the final bosses after all. 

I'm not saying the process should be easier, it's fine as is. 

I'm saying that it's not only arbitrary but also damaging to game variety if they have such a random lock on it (cactus flowers for home).

You can have everything needed to fight Crab King and Celestial Champion, like literally all your equipment is there already etc, but you still have to wait for summer for one item because....???

Ok, when you put like that, cactus flowers are a pretty out there requirment. I'm not sure why they had to lock it behind summer, but I just kinda shrugged my shoulders and accepted it, the same with accepting that cheesing CK is the only way to deal with that horrible excuse for a boss fight. Who knows, if this recent QoL changed a lot of features in the game,  there's a good chance that Pearl's quests and CK can be tweaked to be a lot better.

I wish more content was timelocked somehow, I don't really like the idea of getting a late game gear in first 15 days from the ruins.

Content should be paced evenly, like: (early - mid - late) and not (early - late - early - mid - late)

1 minute ago, Keller Max said:

I wish more content was timelocked somehow, I don't really like the idea of getting a late game gear in first 15 days from the ruins.

Content should be paced evenly, like: (early - mid - late) and not (early - late - early - mid - late)

I mean, why? I'd get it if you said that the content should require more preparation, but could you explain why having a variety of things you can do during early game is a bad thing? The game isn't just a resource grind simulator.

I don't care for it. By the time Summer rolls around, I've gotten the majority of the other bosses killed by then.

It would only really matter if you're solely aiming for the champion, but I personally don't care for it that much.

40 minutes ago, reallychina said:

Why? And how would the ability to get it faster than summer inconvenience your gameplay?

It wouldnt. I didnt said that Im against it to be changed, just that the current state is fine by me.

I agreed that the previous Clean sweeper recipe was a bit annoying. In mid/late game when there were no more natural evil flower, the best way was to die and haunt stack of flower. Interesting way but too much for just a basic tool.

Now since it's an end game boss where you need to do the moon base event then deconstruct the staff, cactus flower that are season locked, Yes i like it, I have no problem with it and I would even want more of this kind of recipe. 

Not everything need to be rushable/speedrunable.

23 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

I don't care for it. By the time Summer rolls around, I've gotten the majority of the other bosses killed by then.

Me too but that wasn't the point. The point is this is an arbitrary lock on content and forcing a specific boss order for no reason, the consequence being gameplay variety takes a hit.

More so, in actual multiplayer games, people could split up and get it faster. There's no "let's do CC" objective because that means "let's wait for summer".

4 minutes ago, kuroite said:

Not everything need to be rushable/speedrunable.

You don't have to speed run it if you don't want to?

And this is not only about speedrunning, but about the fact that you can't even focus on one boss because it's randomly locked.

I personally like the idea of having to wait at least an in-game year before unleashing what's supposed to be a major world-changing event on the world in the form of the moonstorms. I'm sure some new players on pubs would be confused as to why there's no more nighttime before the first winter lol.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I've noticed so many people in this community are just so obsessed with rushing things, when DS/T isnt meant to be rushed so absurdly fast. Now, you can play the game however you want, it's a sandbox game of course so of course I respect how everyone else likes to play their games, and hey I'll absolutely take alternate methods of getting cacti flower because hey I can see it sucking missing a summer, but why must you get it in the first year? Take time with this game and enjoy it slowly. Out of all the games in this world I never expected DS/T, a generally slow game that amounts to several hours of gameplay in a single world to be so sought after to be rushed so quickly. I wonder where that obsession for rushing in DS/T came from.

Archived