Don't you hate it that Celestial Champion is summer locked? (can get it around day 65 best case)

"Don't you hate it that Celestial Champion is summer locked?"

Nope, I don't. I don't care.

Yet I've also seen plenty cases when some (1-3) people rush CC in pubs and then just leave Moon Storms active for not-so-pleasant nights (always avoiding Gestalts, occasionally being put to sleep or being permanently semi-/insane is not my best and forced course of action) - not to mention the actual storms, compelling rest of players to deal with them one way or the other. I won't be keen on experience such stuff even earlier than 1st in-game year myself (ye, I play solely pubs). Yes, I can deal with it solo if instance occurs and am really annoyed by it, still sometimes I just wanna "spank some monke" without purpose, rhythm or rhyme and not to take upon peeps' unfinished/trolling $hit. For people on personal (and often private) servers: start in Spring - you already have the option at your disposal. Pubs aren't exclusively for rushing stuff.

6 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Yet I've also seen plenty cases when some (1-3) people rush CC in pubs and then just leave Moon Storms active for not-so-pleasant nights (always avoiding Gestalts, occasionally being put to sleep or being permanently semi-/insane is not my best and forced course of action) - not to mention the actual storms, compelling rest of players to deal with them one way or the other. I won't be keen on experience such stuff even earlier than 1st in-game year myself (ye, I play solely pubs). Yes, I can deal with it solo if instance occurs and am really annoyed by it, still sometimes I just wanna "spank some monke" without purpose, rhythm or rhyme and not to take upon peeps' unfinished/trolling $hit.

moonstorms on pubs sound awesome

11 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Yet I've also seen plenty cases when some (1-3) people rush CC in pubs and then just leave Moon Storms active for not-so-pleasant nights (always avoiding Gestalts, occasionally being put to sleep or being permanently semi-/insane is not my best and forced course of action) - not to mention the actual storms, compelling rest of players to deal with them one way or the other. I won't be keen on experience such stuff even earlier than 1st in-game year myself (ye, I play solely pubs). Yes, I can deal with it solo if instance occurs and am really annoyed by it, still sometimes I just wanna "spank some monke" without purpose, rhythm or rhyme and not to take upon peeps' unfinished/trolling $hit. For people on personal (and often private) servers: start in Spring - you already have the option at your disposal. Pubs aren't exclusively for rushing stuff.

because some people on public servers rushed something means they shouldn't? if i wanted to play a normal run yet wanted to try to kill cc first year i'd be unable because of an unnecessary 8 hour cap? i don't really get what your argument with pubs are 

17 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

moonstorms on pubs sound awesome

In theory.

In practice bulk player-base (newbies/noobs/casuals) goes "wtf is going on" when being put to sleep on-and-on-and-on... even funnier, when they are knocked off like that beside Spiders/Werepiggies or have the awesome pleasure of spawning when Moonstorm is over Gate (should I also mention how fu&ked up are Woodie players under such event?!). Likewise Hound Waves happening when Moonstorms are active - "double trouble" galore. Moon Pengs spawned in Winter all over - bonus if is beside some camp. And so on. Fun times. But hey, at least is some "uncompromising survival", eh.

11 minutes ago, Dextops said:

because some people on public servers rushed something means they shouldn't? if i wanted to play a normal run yet wanted to try to kill cc first year i'd be unable because of an unnecessary 8 hour cap? i don't really get what your argument with pubs are 

Do it on your personal server with Spring start - again, you have the option already. Or join pub in Spring, most stop playing it anyway till that time. Or do it on Endless servers in multiple sessions. Or do it on Survival pubs with multiple sessions with friends keeping "server alive". You already got options. Is ok some events being locked behind "timestamps" - more-so if they supposedly are END GAME ones. Think at it similarly to how you have 20-days time-outs for almost all bosses take-downs. You don't need to have "anything and everything HERE AND NOW".

2 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

imagine if you were playing some other videogame that takes maybe 10 hours to beat for the average player on their first playthrough, however it's like your 12th playthrough of it and you know all the levels purely from repetition and can beat it in ~3 hours, now imagine if suddenly after you beat the final level the game forced you to sit for 5 more hours before fighting the final boss just because "it's fair that the final boss should make you wait 8 hours at least"

that's literally what so many people in this thread are praising, you're massively underestimating how long it takes to reach summer in irl hours

saying "just play in spring" is missing the point, this isn't about how I play, it's how the game is designed, putting an 8 hour hard cap on an important boss is excessive

You're confusing genres. In a game with levels, you can complete 10 hours of content in 3, because progress directly depends on the player and you get the next portion of content immediately after you finished the previous one. But DST doesn't work like that. It's partly a sandbox, so there is no obvious "progress" - people set their own goals. That's why seasons don't depend on the player's actions, they just happen and expect you to be ready for them. This is a feature of the genre, but because of it, the game simply can't know when people are ready for the next portion of content and what content it should be. And yet, it still somehow needs to separate the late game from the early one. Putting everything on timer is almost the only option in this case. It's only natural that the "final" boss requires an item from the late season, because it wasn't meant to be defeated on day one. Just like the apocalypse in Hamlet doesn't come right away. If you specifically want it, you can speed it up by changing the settings, but to compare DST with a linear story game is just incorrect. Especially because it really IS about how you play. Again, it's a sandbox. The game is customizable to your needs, summer can be made to come earlier, no one really forces you to wait.

That being said, I want to clarify that personally I don't mind some additional way to get any item. DST is slowly moving towards full resource renewability. But if this other method is added, it should be reasonably complicated. It may not require that much time, and maybe not keep you waiting every three seasons between summers after the first year, but it still shouldn't be available immediately, because otherwise it breaks any semblance of pace that the game was originally trying to provide. A late game should remain late at least for the vast majority of regular players.

5 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Do it on your personal server with Spring start - again, you have the option already. Or join pub in Spring, most stop playing it anyway till that time. Or do it on Endless servers in multiple sessions. Or do it on Survival pubs with multiple sessions with friends keeping "server alive". You already got options. Is ok some events being locked behind "timestamps" - more-so of they supposedly are END GAME ones. Think at it similarly to how you have 20-days time-outs for almost all bosses take-downs. You don't need to have "anything and everything HERE AND NOW".

But I don't see how it'd effect you if they just removed the summer cap. I'd only do a spring start if that was my main goal for the world or better terms a speedrun which i don't do. I'd just want the ability to rush him first year while also being able to have an autumn start 

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

But I don't see how it'd effect you if they just removed the summer cap. I'd only do a spring start if that was my main goal for the world or better terms a speedrun which i don't do. I'd just want the ability to rush him first year while also being able to have an autumn start 

Because am not in the mood to spawn on some pub day 10-20 and "Oh, bloody hell, Moon Storm over Gate. FML!".

From 2nd year onward is to be expected, and, oh well, if you go for such worlds you know what you're getting yourself into, theoretically. But 1st Autumn under Moonstorms pubs? Bleah!

1 minute ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Because am not in the mood to spawn on some pub day 10-20 and "Oh, bloody hell, Moon Storm over Gate. FML!".

so because it doesn't fit your personal play style? you shouldn't be playing on pubs anyway if you want an actually good experience 

Just now, Dextops said:

so because it doesn't fit your personal play style? you shouldn't be playing on pubs anyway if you want an actually good experience 

To be fair same can be said about people who want CC to be not season locked
"Just because not rushing moonstorm and waiting doesn't fit your personal style doesn't mean it should be changed"
It really is a double edged sword because you can't please everyone.

11 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

by that logic every pub you join should have every raid boss dead by day 10 just because it's possible

obviously that takes competence to do and anyone capable of triggering moonstorms that early will rarely do so, people almost never rush bee queen on pubs despite it being easy as hell because nobody genuinely cares

btw you need the iridescent gem for moonstorms which means waiting until the night of day 11, then you have to find the sanctum pieces, bring them to lunar, assemble the altar pieces, get the pearl at some point, kill mf pearled crab king and haul the tribute all the way to lunar before moonstorms can even begin, I can guarantee even without cactus flowers you're more likely to see someone kill fuelweaver before day 21 on a pub than you are to see moonstorms before day 30

1 minute ago, FourthLess said:

To be fair same can be said about people who want CC to be not season locked
"Just because not rushing moonstorm and waiting doesn't fit your personal style doesn't mean it should be changed"
It really is a double edged sword because you can't please everyone.

the difference is people who want to take it slow can take it slow but people who want to rush can't. if it was removed both would be able to coexist with people who want to take it slow take it slow and rushers rush

23 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

In theory.

In practice bulk player-base (newbies/noobs/casuals) goes "wtf is going on" when being put to sleep on-and-on-and-on... even funnier, when they are knocked off like that beside Spiders/Werepiggies or have the awesome pleasure of spawning when Moonstorm is over Gate (should I also mention how fu&ked up are Woodie players under such event?!). Likewise Hound Waves happening when Moonstorms are active - "double trouble" galore. Moon Pengs spawned in Winter all over - bonus if is beside some camp. And so on. Fun times. But hey, at least is some "uncompromising survival", eh.

Would be cool if it was tweaked. Klei did announce that the majority of updates will be polishing and reworking some parts of the game. Atleast a search filter would be nice. 

14 minutes ago, Dextops said:

"Your freedom stops where the other's freedom starts". Also you contradict yourself with second part of your statement - perhaps my play-style is pubs since "together" and maybe I see them as "good experiences" overall?! In my case the game's philosophy and design is already stated by KLei: CC is locked behind 2nd year in-game. I solely come with arguments with why that's good.

10 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

by that logic every pub you join should have every raid boss dead by day 10 just because it's possible

obviously that takes competence to do and anyone capable of triggering moonstorms that early will rarely do so, people almost never rush bee queen on pubs despite it being easy as hell because nobody genuinely cares

And indeed, on EU, such instances do occur consistently - there are teams of friends doing so. I used to be part of such a team, mushing all available bosses by day 10-15.

And no, BQ isn't "easy as hell", quite the hyperbole you got there. Maybe if you employ one of the exploits, some of which being topography/world-gen dependent, some character-dependent (Wendy, Wanda, Wolfgang), but over-all - shenanigans. Legit as a team? Sure, pretty easy, and again - teams of friends on different regions.

Just now, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

"Your freedom stops where the other's freedom starts". Also you contradict yourself with second part of your statement - perhaps my play-style is pubs since "together" and maybe I see them as "good experiences" overall?! In my case the game's philosophy and design is already stated by KLei: CC is locked behind 2nd year in-game. I solely come with arguments with why that's good.

how did i ever contradict myself? i said if you want a good experience don't play pubs because the people are usually very new, the server will barely ever progress and it'll get restarted before it can make it to cc 9 times out of 10. removing the cap would barely ever effect you since you play pubs but it'd help many others. your point is an extreme niche one since it relies on many small factors

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

how did i ever contradict myself? i said if you want a good experience don't play pubs because the people are usually very new, the server will barely ever progress and it'll get restarted before it can make it to cc 9 times out of 10. removing the cap would barely ever effect you since you play pubs but it'd help many others. your point is an extreme niche one since it relies on many small factors

Once more: "good experience" for me personally maybe is.. pubs? That's the contradiction: you blame my argument on personal preferences/play-style contradicting others but then assume all people have "good experiences" on anything but pubs. I had very bad experiences on personal servers (being kicked/banned/trolled) and community pubs (trolled, people hoarding, biased admins/moderators, imposed play-style via roles etc) alike. Also by yours and others arguments, removing Summer cap for CC will also be "extremely niche" since "server will barely ever progress and it'll get restarted before it can make it to cc 9 times out of 10". Who are those "it'd help many others" since rushing is such a niche play-style compared to bulk player-base anyway, more-so - CC rushers? In both cases is about very niche play-styles, but in one, where cap is removed, it creates problems for bulk player-base (at least for numbers going for pubs), even if "extreme niche".

Bottom line: you already have options (enumerated above) if wanting to rush CC in current format.

Only exception being those "official record speed-runs site" cases, where people - and if I remember well, OP too - posted on KLei forums in past their supposed "seeded worlds record rushes" no one pretty much cared about. Hence, in my view, this thread is basically a plead from record-rushers towards KLei to give them the opportunity to do them in less than 8h or so - something even more extreme than niche, and rather amusing for a sandbox game that enables multiple sessions from get-go.

2 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Once more: "good experience" for me personally maybe is.. pubs? That's the contradiction: you blame my argument on personal preferences/play-style contradicting others but then assume all people have "good experiences" on anything but pubs. I had very bad experiences on personal servers (being kicked/banned/trolled) and community pubs (trolled, people hoarding, biased admins/moderators, imposed play-style via roles etc) alike. Also by yours and others arguments, removing Summer cap for CC will also be "extremely niche" since "server will barely ever progress and it'll get restarted before it can make it to cc 9 times out of 10". Who are those "it'd help many others" since rushing is such a niche play-style compared to bulk player-base anyway, more-so - CC rushers? In both cases is about very niche play-styles, but in one, where cap is removed, it creates problems for bulk player-base (at least for numbers going for pubs), even if "extreme niche".

i said it won't be an enjoyable experience because of the people and the basic mechanics of pubs. i don't see why you'd ever play a pub over playing with your own friends or alone because pubs are usually very inexperienced, have griefers and usually die before the first year ends. Removing the summer cap wouldn't be niche because as you see people are all arguing with around the same reasoning. Your argument is niche because its only you making those points. And your examples would almost never happen cause first you'd need a pub which can sustain itself and then have people experienced enough to start up moonstorms quickly enough for it to be an annoyance and then have those people leave the server cause if they were able to rush they would be able to finish moonstorms quickly. Your evidence just doesn't make any sense cause the problem fixes itself. problem: people rushing cc and causing moon storms. Solution: those people who would have rushed cc would quickly finish it up because they had the capabilities to rush it so quickly in the first place

18 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Only exception being those "official record speed-runs site" cases, where people - and if I remember well, OP too - posted on KLei forums in past their supposed "seeded worlds record rushes" no one pretty much cared about. Hence, in my view, this thread is basically a plead from record-rushers towards KLei to give them the opportunity to do them in less than 8h or so - something even more extreme than niche, and rather amusing for a sandbox game that enables multiple sessions from get-go.

speedrun.com for dst is terrible tbf

1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Because am not in the mood to spawn on some pub day 10-20 and "Oh, bloody hell, Moon Storm over Gate. FML!"

This is a gross exaggeration. While it is possible, it is highly unlikely and it would take a team of very skilled players to coordinate and activate the lunar event that early. The odds of you running in such a world are next to 0.

Even in the very unlikely situation where this would happen, this is supposed to be an "uncompromising survival game" not farmville.

33 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Only exception being those "official record speed-runs site" cases, where people - and if I remember well, OP too - posted on KLei forums in past their supposed "seeded worlds record rushes" no one pretty much cared about.

I didn't post such a thing.

2 minutes ago, reallychina said:

Last but not least, this is supposed to be an "uncompromising survival game" not farmville.

Would be a shame if a group of people wanted to make the uncompromising nature bend to their demands of early cactus flowers. 

1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Yet I've also seen plenty cases when some (1-3) people rush CC in pubs and then just leave Moon Storms active for not-so-pleasant nights

The moonstorm nights are great. I keep mine active almost the entire year. It's literally infinite moggles.

Archived