Help me, I just discovered that Wurt can't eat meat. (I need tips for killing a expert Wigfrid player, please send help they are chasing me).

Wurt is my second least played character. So recently I've made a new wilderness world as Wurt. 

I need some tips regarding murm expansion. What's the ideal number of merms? What's the best time to expand?

And let's say there's this Wigfrid and I want to kill this Wigfrid in cold blood but they have a pan flute and all the mandrakes, what would be the best way to kill them.

They currently base in the pig king (which is right next to my swamp) and they are planning to base in the middle of the ocean. What would be the best plan of attack? 

Why am I doing this? They shovelled up every single mushroom next to me for "pierogi" and killing me 4 times (I was just trying to kill them, no big deal sheesh).

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

gather and command a great army from the swamp with seeds, berries and carrots and conquer the village

that filthy pig "king" must fall

I can't just ambush them right now. The casualties from the previous skirmishes were too great and my total allies have been reduced. I should probably wait for spring and then start spamming craftsmerm huts. In the meantime I'll just farm.

14 minutes ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

I can't just ambush them right now. The casualties from the previous skirmishes were too great and my total allies have been reduced. I should probably wait for spring and then start spamming craftsmerm huts. In the meantime I'll just farm.

then i advice you to hire the alive mermbers and chop, once they finish the gathering sacrifice them to get fish to create new houses

if is winter you can try to get potatoes and pupkins, gather cacti, go to moon island to obtain stone fruit and kelp or explore to caves to mix cocked green musgrooms with blue ones

remember that you can convert meat into eggs to cook jam/ratatouille with 3 eggs+1berry/veggie

edit. in spring you can plant a flower near your kitchen or other often visited area to gather butterflies that you can eat right away or mix it with veggies+twigss to make muffins

1 hour ago, goblinball said:

Could you use a telolocator staff on them? Sneaking up on them then teleporting them to a random location would give plenty of time for you to burn down all of those villainous pig men’s houses and steal their loot.

The problem is that the Wigfrid would still be alive and well to enact revenge on me. I have a base and they know where it is. I can't afford for them to retaliate like that. Plus I have much more to lose then they do. Basically torches are nuclear weapons and using them would guarantee nuclear annihilation.

1 hour ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

The problem is that the Wigfrid would still be alive and well to enact revenge on me. I have a base and they know where it is. I can't afford for them to retaliate like that. Plus I have much more to lose then they do. Basically torches are nuclear weapons and using them would guarantee nuclear annihilation.

Will be hard, you would need very secret base somewhere far away from her. If she is not very advanced in game (like she does not know things) you can trick her into hammering big beehive, or chopping some nice looking purple mushroom, otherwise you cannot even make a for longer time king, or it will pacify merms(? I guess?).

Edit: try to teleport her to the lone lunar island. That small one.

The panflute is slightly slower than the ice staff. If you manage to get into ice staff range, and considering you don't have a much higher ping than they do, you can freeze them, and then let your 20 or so merms do the rest.
Be careful of the Wigfrid not torching your huts just because they are on their way, put flingos everywhere just in case.

For food considering you are out of mushrooms, make a farm, collect seeds, and tend to your farm a bit (it doesnt have to be a whole lot, or a huge farm, just collect seeds as you do other stuff then plant them, show them love once, water them and check them out whenever you remember). You can later, when recovered and your army is back on their feet, try to go get stone fruit bushes or kelp to plant near your base *cough*or steal them*cough*.

Wurt can survive on non-crock pot vegetables alone, like roasted potatoes for food and healing, or dried kelp of food and sanity. For emergencies you can always walk around the desert and keep your fridge with a supply of cactii.

For crock pot foods I recommend spiralled tubers (2 potatos+2 sticks or potato+edible veggie filler+2 sticks) which grants decent food and lot of sanity, or if you manage to get dragonfruit in your farm make dragonpie. 

By the way do you have a Merm king? can you make merm soldiers?
If you have enough merm soldiers and a king you can make them kill each other outside of winter, drop their fish pets, gift the living fishes to the king and he will shower you in garbage and seeds. The amount of seeds will be so many that you don't even have to plant them, and can survive on seeds eventually. Make this only outside of winter and with merm guards only (merm guards take half a day to respawn only, and in winter all merms take a huge time to respawn) 

This is the most entertaining server story I've read about lately, please keep us posted of your progress OP :lol:

1 hour ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

The problem is that the Wigfrid would still be alive and well to enact revenge on me.

Do it in summer, then. If wigfrid manages to get back to base before they die of overheating, then I don’t think killing them is a possibility. Winter could work too, albeit it’s much easier to survive in winter than summer. Also, you could lure the wigfrid onto a boat with you, then telolocate yourself away. You’ll teleport somewhere random, but the wigfrid will be stuck on the boat and if it doesn’t have a lightning rod then it’s going to collapse in a matter of seconds. It won’t kill the wigfrid, but it’ll weaken them and make them lose some of their items. Preferably do this then have a backup plan so you can finish wigfrid once and for all.

4 hours ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

What would be the best plan of attack?

Activate Terrarium with a nightmare fuel, wait for Wigfrid to go to her ocean base, log out before night, log back in.

That said, I have no idea whether the twins can spawn near players travelling with boats, but I hope they do. I just like evil plans.

You all are underestimating the pure tactical and strategical intelligence of this Wigfrid. This Wigfrid has secret stashes! (I should know, I stole from them) and this Wigfrid has won every single encounter. This Wigfrid is no joke, they've already killed dragonfly, they're talking about killing Klaus now.

I'm scared. They don't fall for tricks and are unbeatable. 

2 minutes ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

they're talking about killing Klaus now.

Enrage Klaus as they’re fighting him, then run away, perhaps? I’m not sure how you’d be able to sneakily do this; maybe a handful of darts or merms, but they at least will have to forfeit their Klaus loot. 

2 minutes ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

This Wigfrid is no joke, they've already killed dragonfly, they're talking about killing Klaus now.

Lol, just kill the fire deer while they are fighting Klaus or hammer down the walls at the Dragonfly arena. If they are doing a no-walls Dragonfly fight with ice staves, just bring enough wood and grass to cover the entire arena with campfires. This should a) prevent the Lavae from freezing and b) overheat Wigfrid even in winter.

There is endless potential to troll others in this game. Obviously don't grief, but let's say, if a Wendy player kills your Beefalo saying that it was a walking meaty stew, just remember that you can kill Abigail even when PvP is off (I'm still experiencing denial, rest in peace my sweet Beefs Beeferson).

1 minute ago, goblinball said:

Enrage Klaus as they’re fighting him, then run away, perhaps? I’m not sure how you’d be able to sneakily do this; maybe a handful of darts or merms, but they at least will have to forfeit their Klaus loot. 

The problem with that is that Klaus' stash is right next to my base. I think it would be in my best interest not to disturb them.

Thank you all. I have decided on my plan of action. I will keep the peace between each other. In fact I will act friendly! But only so I can lure them into a false sense of security. (Also to stop them from killing me and causing my map to be reset every time I die, you don't realize how much you rely on a map until you play pvp wilderness).

My ultimate plan will be permanent exile as @Notecja suggested. I will work on that as the world goes on. We've decided on a win condition, the person who lands the last hit on celestial champion. For now I will work on getting resources and start advancing magic. Luckily I've were able to get 1 mandrake so I'm no longer completely vulnerable (I actually had it the entire time but forgot). I'll update you all on how that goes. 

9 minutes ago, mr. brj said:

Lol, just kill the fire deer while they are fighting Klaus or hammer down the walls at the Dragonfly arena. If they are doing a no-walls Dragonfly fight with ice staves, just bring enough wood and grass to cover the entire arena with campfires. This should a) prevent the Lavae from freezing and b) overheat Wigfrid even in winter.

There is endless potential to troll others in this game. Obviously don't grief, but let's say, if a Wendy player kills your Beefalo saying that it was a walking meaty stew, just remember that you can kill Abigail even when PvP is off (I'm still experiencing denial, rest in peace my sweet Beefs Beeferson).

They killed dragonfly without me noticing. They told me afterwards. It wasn't like I was gonna camp dragonfly anyways, I needed to get logs.

3 minutes ago, Notecja said:

Not really, as ghost can fly over water... But should be enough boring for her XD

It's wilderness, no ghosts and is 4 times more punishing then endless or survival since you lose all your prototyped recipes and map and then respawn in a random location. 

Only defence against pan flute in pvp is bramble husk, unless they set some gunpowder next to you.

Also, bring a few stacks of bees and infest their base. 

Since you can see tentacles you can strategically place yourself so when you're asleep the tentacle will provide a limited amount of defence. 

You can also play a game of patience and slaughter every source of meat in the game so the Wigfrid starves. Burn down every spider nest, kill every beef, etc.

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

You can also play a game of patience and slaughter every source of meat in the game so the Wigfrid starves. Burn down every spider nest, kill every beef, etc.

That sounds amazing but I don’t think it’s feasible, in the very unlikely case that you manage to kill everything in the world Wigfrid can resort to ocean fishing, Meaty giants hunting, frogs from ponds, seasonal creatures, treeguards, hound waves, etc, and still live indefinitely.

Also if Wigfrid starves and most creatures are dead, all the merms will all of a sudden start looking like barbeque.

@mr. brj's idea on activating a fueled terrarium is pretty good.
Since Wigfrid will surely have some meat on herself, you can try making a tight pen underground with rabbit hutches right at the entrance, and then lure her inside a nearby cave. Make sure there are a lot of bunnymen so that she gets stunlocked.
A fire staff projectile landing at her base should get her attention.

How about just leaving random signs near Wigfrid's base once and then?

-"Hey you...."
-"Been thinking about you"
-"What a shiny helmet you have"
-"I hope today you have the best hunt XoXo"

Yknow, confusing the player with randomly motivating, cringe and creepy messages.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

That sounds amazing but I don’t think it’s feasible, in the very unlikely case that you manage to kill everything in the world Wigfrid can resort to ocean fishing, Meaty giants hunting, frogs from ponds, seasonal creatures, treeguards, hound waves, etc, and still live indefinitely.

Also if Wigfrid starves and most creatures are dead, all the merms will all of a sudden start looking like barbeque.

Yeah I was about to say this, Wigfrid can live forever on meat supply.

Also now that destroyed Catcoon dens Respawn she can get meat without even needing to work too hard for it.

DST really is throwing all its uncompromising aspects out the window.

And for the op they’re finding out just how uncompromising other players can be..

As far as food sources for Wurt, I’ve never needed more then 1 berry + 3 ice. I legit don’t even bother making any other crockpot dishes when I play Wurt.

35 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

How about just leaving random signs near Wigfrid's base once and then?

-"Hey you...."
-"Been thinking about you"
-"What a shiny helmet you have"
-"I hope today you have the best hunt XoXo"

Forget the pvp battle, use psychological warfare

make your opponent believe that they're special

make them think that through love maybe life isn't so bad after all

and soon enough they'll leave all of their weaknesses wide open for you to exploit

Archived