Walter should get the wolfgang Treatment?

Walter is fun and good, and has always been like this. Wolfgang is getting these changes because his rework changed him from fun and good to unfun and bad. I think of this as his rework and the previous update just never happened and is blocked from my memory.

On 3/15/2022 at 8:10 PM, NoKrampusSack said:

Wolfgang after the first few weeks of his rework got a complete overhaul and then some 

should Walter get the same treatment?

A few buffs?

or is he fine as is? 

Walter is ok in general for his intended role. He has a big pro and con: Sanity. Don't get damage and won't lose sanity at all - valid vice versa as well. Still quite a few utilities for his sniping Slingshot depending on your goals plus game-play. Has a bit of adjacent-perks clutter, but fine in the end. Sure, if he could get more Pellet types or a nick of rework for current arsenal (buffs), would be wonderful; not a must though. Oh, and a Walter-main here.

I just want some improvements to the poop pellets and slow-down rounds, some more ammo types along the road, and I'm happy.

Oh, and uh, maybe do something about that bee downside, I get it's for flavor, and it would be perfectly fine to me, but when Bee Queen exists, it just makes her an annoying fight as Walter, haha. 

He doesnt need the Wolfgang treatment. Just some minor number changes here and there. And maybe some different effects on his rarer ammo and changing up his bee allergy (removal or some kind of "allergy shot" that neutralises it temporarily).

24 minutes ago, NoKrampusSack said:

Wolfgang after the first few weeks of his rework got a complete overhaul and then some 

should Walter get the same treatment?

A few buffs?

or is he fine as is? 

Well, I think Walter sucks.

His slingshot is the worst weapon of the game in cost x benefits and Woby, well, is Woby. 

He doesn't have a real advantage vs any other character with a tamed beefalo.

Maybe buff (A LOT) his slingshot (power and velocity), or turn Woby a Beefalo with 1000hp... Than this guy will play the game. I see more Wes than Walters in game.

25 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Walter is fun and good, and has always been like this. Wolfgang is getting these changes because his rework changed him from fun and good to unfun and bad. I think of this as his rework and the previous update just never happened and is blocked from my memory.

i would like to see a tiny slingshot buff

i do get your point though

7 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

you just proved my point

What's your point?

+9 inventory slots

So... Chester.

beefalo speed shortly after spawning in

Everybody can get beefalo speed around day 3-5 (with a 1000hp tank)

not affected by negative sanity drain

5 minutes ago, Cannoli said:

Well, sanity drain is not an issue

7 minutes ago, Cannoli said:

I'm not selling you walter as the cure of cancer but when you make these kinds of comparisons sooner or later you'll realize that the majority of the roster are barely stronger than wilson (and hell like a third of the roster could be placed as equal to wilson or lower), but I care about characters being fun and offering new things more than I care about them being strong, and even then I did just say that walter could use a minor buff, I just don't think he needs a rework because he already offers different ways to approach the game that so many people who just watched that one freddofilms video haven't even bothered to try

14 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

I'm not selling you walter as the cure of cancer but when you make these kinds of comparisons sooner or later you'll realize that the majority of the roster are barely stronger than wilson (and hell like a third of the roster could be placed as equal to wilson or lower), but I care about characters being fun and offering new things more than I care about them being strong, and even then I did just say that walter could use a minor buff, I just don't think he needs a rework because he already offers different ways to approach the game that so many people who just watched that one freddofilms video haven't even bothered to try

Well, I don't know who is freeddofilms and don't care about it. I talk just based on my own experiences.

I think Walter is extremely not fun, and I think he is the least popular character. 9 slots is not a "different thing".

His lame slingshot is a different thing, but... It's lame!

Even who talks "Walter is fun, Walter is ok, Walter is in a good spot" barely play him.

Something is wrong

34 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

bee allergy removed

14 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

and offering new things more than I care about

Your point is.... Inconsistent hehehe

1 minute ago, SinancoTheBest said:

That part, at least, is factually wrong, not even close. That honor belongs to Wes. Walter often finds himself comfortably in the middle.image.thumb.png.5e766c41618d57b603fe1dc6d00d129f.png

From when is this chart?

2 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

That part, at least, is factually wrong, not even close. That honor belongs to Wes. Walter often finds himself comfortably in the middle.image.thumb.png.5e766c41618d57b603fe1dc6d00d129f.png

Well, I see way more Maxwell, Wormwood and Wortox than Walter.

But, many people uses Walter just to move the marble pieces, then switch back to other character. 

See Winona in the graphs.... Open the game and search a "real" Winona. That's different

Just now, Cannoli said:

From when is this chart?

From now, data was updated 2 minutes ago when  got it. The statistics tool at Don't Starve Together - Data Visualization (resamvi.io) always reports the most recent data it can gather when it works. Standings do change from time to time and depending on the updates/gameplay changes but the general gist of whre they are is pretty consistent +-5 spots. Some things that almost never change is Wendy Wigfrid and Wilson being top 3 and Wes & Wurt being bottom 2 

Just now, SinancoTheBest said:

From now, data was updated 2 minutes ago when  got it. The statistics tool at Don't Starve Together - Data Visualization (resamvi.io) always reports the most recent data it can gather when it works. Standings do change from time to time and depending on the updates/gameplay changes but the general gist of whre they are is pretty consistent +-5 spots. Some things that almost never change is Wendy Wigfrid and Wilson being top 3 and Wes & Wurt being bottom 2 

Oh yeah, I forgot Wurt and Wes is not a character. Anyway, maybe some people like this guy, I hate it hehe

Ballons > stupid slingshot.

I think his slingshot needs to be better. I get that ranged combat is extremely powerful in a game like this, but his damage sanity mechanic offsets that. It just makes him choose between using mediocre ranged damage or being a mediocre melee character due to his sanity loss on damage.

11 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Holy molly, Wendy sure kept gaining popularity since the last time I checked this chart. She's like the default "go to" for most people apparently.

Back on OP's topic, I won't add more than what was said, Walter's alright except for his slingshot: tweaking magic pellets, shooting speed and adding new types would really help.
About the bee allergy, could maybe be fixed by making him immune to the extra damage so long as he uses a bee hat. (So it would still be a thing but you have a way to counter it at least, and fight BQ in a legit way).

Archived