So just saw videos of new reworks including the ancient guardian and I got both happy and sad at the same time. This is another rework to remove the so called "CHEESE" from another boss and promote kiting, but did you guys at Klei even tried to KITE a boss with network delay above 100ms ?

I'm glad to see more action be packed into the game but please just for once get into your game and try to KITE a simple pig or Clockwork Knight with ping above 100ms. Just try it once and you will hate it because it is not possible. Many times I tired to show people how to KITE a pig and they never were able to, not because they can't understand or time it well, because they just simply have delays above 100ms and they can do it very well in their local servers. This predictive lag thing only works for controls and is not helping in fights at all !

I hate it when I see people join the server, die to a Batilisk and then leave. Then join again tomorrow die to a pig leave and after a week you don't see them anymore. Months ago I suggested a friend to create a kiting tutorial mod and he said to me it will be useless because people will try to do it and be successful in their local servers then join a public one and fail.

I never intended to write this topic but can't see many people not being able to enjoy this game because of network delay. If you guys want to make it a better experience make it so that everyone can kite enemies just like the tree guard. I hosted a public server for 3 month and during this time I only saw 2 group of people, tryhards rushing CC or newbies dying to fire. This is a PvE game, please change it somehow so everyone can "KITE" enemies then remove "CHEESE".

Sure must be horribly annoying when you get to experience this game exclusively with lags, but yeah just any boss turns out to have no doable pattern with even a moment of lag, as your character might just stop moving and dumb things happen as the game tries its best to catch back on the action. Just fear you won't have a solution to this, that's problems beyond DST.

you don't actually have to kite new AG as there's no penalty for constantly stunning him with the pillars

also pigs aren't impossible to kite with 100 ping, that's just you lol

try turning lag comp off and learning to play that way

5 hours ago, WendyRunner said:

This is another rework to remove the so called "CHEESE" from another boss and promote kiting

No it's not. Why do people keep saying this? This is a rework, the first of its kind if I remember correctly with only Toadstool coming near, to change a boring fight into a fun one. The removal of " cheese" is incidental.

but did you guys at Klei even tried to KITE a boss with network delay above 100ms ?

I have and it works perfectly if you disable lag comp. You can also still "cheese" him in a variety of ways, you just no longer have to do nothing other than hold F.

Also, you don't even need to "kite" AG at all. He's become Rhino from Spider-Man so just hit him while he's down.

I hate it when I see people join the server, die to a Batilisk and then leave. Then join again tomorrow die to a pig leave and after a week you don't see them anymore

I feel like these people wouldn't be seeing The Ancient Guardian in the first place. Games should be designed to work at their intended specifications, otherwise anyone with an actually fast computer will have such an advantage that game balance would be an absolute joke.

If you're lagging on servers, join another one, or host it yourself. If you can't do either, I suggest getting a better computer before asking for game balance changes.

There are very few things you need fight. Use a bush hat near spider dens or beef to protect yourself from hound waves, or desperately run to one, hounds will eventually aggro onto something else. rabbit hutches are a good worm defense. Don’t want to fight deerclops, spend the rest of winter underground. Most other things you can outrun or avoid. If you’re having problems with sanity creatures, Willow and Wormwood can easily gain sanity.

Yep, I am suffering from it as well. To the point I don't enjoy fights. But its problem with connection, not really have idea what game could do if you are stuck. For most time its says it's 66 ping, but for most time I feel like 200-250 ping with freezes and moments when I dont move at all. 

When I play solo I have much less lagg, so there are fights that can manage with proper timing. 

8 hours ago, Cheggf said:

No it's not. Why do people keep saying this? This is a rework, the first of its kind if I remember correctly with only Toadstool coming near, to change a boring fight into a fun one. The removal of " cheese" is incidental.

I have and it works perfectly if you disable lag comp. You can also still "cheese" him in a variety of ways, you just no longer have to do nothing other than hold F.

Also, you don't even need to "kite" AG at all. He's become Rhino from Spider-Man so just hit him while he's down.

AG was a broken and sad fight in dst. You don't even need to get him stuck on anything.
As for lag it does really suck at times.  Its honestly why i swapped to wendy as my main.
However I think the main problem is that; by default lag compensation is turned on.
as soon as i turned it off it was so much easier to do things even with around 200 ping on some servers.
granted still need practice to play with those pings but its doable.

On 3/6/2022 at 2:29 AM, WendyRunner said:

So just saw videos of new reworks including the ancient guardian and I got both happy and sad at the same time. This is another rework to remove the so called "CHEESE" from another boss and promote kiting, but did you guys at Klei even tried to KITE a boss with network delay above 100ms ?

I'm glad to see more action be packed into the game but please just for once get into your game and try to KITE a simple pig or Clockwork Knight with ping above 100ms. Just try it once and you will hate it because it is not possible. Many times I tired to show people how to KITE a pig and they never were able to, not because they can't understand or time it well, because they just simply have delays above 100ms and they can do it very well in their local servers. This predictive lag thing only works for controls and is not helping in fights at all !

I hate it when I see people join the server, die to a Batilisk and then leave. Then join again tomorrow die to a pig leave and after a week you don't see them anymore. Months ago I suggested a friend to create a kiting tutorial mod and he said to me it will be useless because people will try to do it and be successful in their local servers then join a public one and fail.

I never intended to write this topic but can't see many people not being able to enjoy this game because of network delay. If you guys want to make it a better experience make it so that everyone can kite enemies just like the tree guard. I hosted a public server for 3 month and during this time I only saw 2 group of people, tryhards rushing CC or newbies dying to fire. This is a PvE game, please change it somehow so everyone can "KITE" enemies then remove "CHEESE".

Ok, so first, its not Klei's fault that theres connection problems. Sure they can make the game less performance running, but its not really their fault that there's connection problem. This is like blaming Mojang because I can't connect to Hypixel. Plus, thats why recommended computer parts exist, which should always be looked at before purchasing a game. If its a connection problem, its a connection problem. Its not really anyones (Besides ur internet provider )fault it just sucks.

Second, I dont really understand why you need to SHOW people how to kite. Its literally press F and walk away, literally anyone can learn combat in this game. The predictive lag setting should only be used if ure lag is on the brink of destroying humanity, and should always just well, be disabled.

Also, ik this isnt the main point, but u can just run from a Batilisk and it will deaggro. If theyre gonna leave over dying once, theres no way theyre gonna survive DST.

Can't anyone kite? If u mean connection problem thats literally not Klei's fault, the game's resource usage is alright for most ppl so its not a big deal. 

How the hell do u die from fire? Just walk away from it, and itll go off in like 2 seconds. If ure hosting a public server, a tryhard should be expected. 

Archived