How old are you?

Just now, HowlVoid said:

I'm 26, I never understood the importance in hiding ones age. 

Though I think it's a little unfair that you're asking for people's ages but you have yet to reveal your own @Memetan

There's a lot, and I mean a LOT of 15-16 year olds here which makes me feel absolutely ancient. At work however everyone calls me "buddy" and "champ" which makes me feel younger among my older co-workers so it balances out lmao.

boomer

As already mentioned, anonymous poll would yield more accurate results, because believe it or not, age is very often judged harshly. If you say you're 27, you'll be humiliated for "playing games at such adult age" or "acting like 13", and vice versa if you're like 14, a lot of people can get condescending towards you.

I'd say majority of players are around ~12-24 mayhaps, the game requires a lot of constant dedication towards surviving and it's not as "chill" and peaceful as minecraft, and people that age have lots of free time to enjoy that aspect.

Just now, Riddla said:

judged

It's less about judging and more about "don't give your personal information on the internet". That's like. Basic safety. The first thing your parents tell you when they show you how to get on the net. "Don't tell anyone your name, age, location". 

And yes, i know ad companies and all the crap, but that doesn't mean you should just abandon any sense of privacy just because someone on a game forum asked. 

1 minute ago, BezKa said:

It's less about judging and more about "don't give your personal information on the internet". That's like. Basic safety. The first thing your parents tell you when they show you how to get on the net. "Don't tell anyone your name, age, location". 

And yes, i know ad companies and all the crap, but that doesn't mean you should just abandon any sense of privacy just because someone on a game forum asked. 

Good point, internet has become more risky than ever, it's rather haunting especially if you develop bad relations with a stranger

9 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Giving out your age isn't a safety concern, not as much as giving out your full name. It's with your full name that people can find out everything else about you and it becomes a risk.

However, not preparing oneself for breaches in security is far worse than giving out personal information. You don't need to willingly give out personal information for people to brute force their way to your data, otherwise something like Facebook could never come to exist. 

So a little tip for my younger generation, make sure to set up a two step  verification process for ALL of your personal accounts, ESPECIALLY ones that involve money, including game accounts through which you make purchases.

And giving out your age on the internet will 100% draw judgement from others.

idgaf - I'm 40.

I started playing this game before ROG released.  Literally the only reason I started playing it was because someone showed me Willow.  I got a soft spot for fire girls.  I played league for about 7 years b/c of Annie.  This is not why I started watching FMA, but I did like the dog girl too.

3 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

im a scalie that likes to draw things

Cool.

5 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

idgaf - I'm 40.

I started playing this game before ROG released.  Literally the only reason I started playing it was because someone showed me Willow.  I got a soft spot for fire girls.  I played league for about 7 years b/c of Annie.  This is not why I started watching FMA, but I did like the dog girl too.

Cool.

That explains why you're such a competent individual and have really great ideas. Nice.

I always look forward to reading your comments shosuko.

1155053568_giphy(3).gif.dfd21c1fec861d71726174946ba09151.gif

Ah hell why not.  You could be made fun of for way worse things and maybe we'll all see more eye to eye.

I'm 19, been playing don't starve when I was wee dumb lad.  Now I'm an older lad, more responsible, less dumb, but still the same theatrics.

49 minutes ago, Riddla said:

If you say you're 27, you'll be humiliated for "playing games at such adult age" or "acting like 13", and vice versa if you're like 14, a lot of people can get condescending towards you.

Id say the way people approach others about things like "age" speaks way more about them.

I've met adults that are children at heart and far more optimistic than any edgy teen you'd likely run into online.

Same thing for treating younger people too harshly "right away" they may be young, but it isn't right to be condescending or to write them off immediately.

Should be setting a better example lol, but that's asking for too much "online"

I am 26, its fine if someone doesn't want to reveal their age but it isn't really a problem if you do.

I don't think anyone should be insecure about playing games as everyone needs time to relax and their own hobby. 

My father's enjoys fishing, why is it fine for someone 65 years old to have such a "normal"  hobby in your eyes but you'd talk down on him if he played games instead?

15 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

<snip>

Just saying how it is, there will always be someone who's going to lash out on someone for such silly things because they're insecure themselves. It's a cycle that sadly keeps repeating: one tells someone that they should be ashamed of having fun, and that other person starts telling the same to another one. Never give in to such bitter people, it's easy to talk crap behind a screen and face no consequences - enjoy your time in any way your heart desires, time is never wasted if your mind is at peace :love_heart:

These responses are exactly the type I would expect from the forums for Don't Starve.

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

I'm 26, I never understood the importance in hiding ones age. 

Their parents told them not to tell anyone their age. They probably didn't tell them the reason but I think it's because predators and other bad people might focus on them. But it's already usually easy to tell someone's age range so not too sure.

Technically your age is also a small key in commiting identity theft. Say your age in this thread, say your birth month in another thread, say your social security number in another... It's a slippery slope of losing your identity.

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

Technically your age is also a small key in commiting identity theft. Say your age in this thread, say your birth month in another thread, say your social security number in another... It's a slippery slope of losing your identity.

EF94SsfVUAYDm-k.jpg

5 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

...their online persona since that in turn is tied to escapism.

This couldn't be further from the truth as i live a fulfilled life outside VR; delete that comment right now or i'm gonna cancel you.

I'm a former member of the middle class raised by two accountants in a tiny appartment in Bayside, Queens.

The year i turned 26, as the head of my own brokerage firm, I made $49 million, which really p***** me off because it was three shy of a million a week.

I own a mansion, private jet, six cars, three horses, two vacation homes, and a 170-foot yacht. I also gamble like a degenerate. I drink like a fish. On occasion i dabble in dst for s**** and giggles.

I think it’s actually against the forum ToS to ask people their age here, but the actual game is rated 13+ and JoeW even once said if he finds out your below 13 without parental permission and using these forums then he would have to ban you.. so just don’t tell him your age, and don’t share your age on the forums publicly.

Im 34 and Klei knows I’m in my 30s but age is just a number, majority of us will always be kids at heart.

I also have a birthday coming up in May (not looking Forward to it) Anyway, don’t be surprised if this thread ends up locked.. cheers! :) 

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

JoeW even once said if he finds out your below 13 without parental permission and using these forums then he would have to ban you.. so just don’t tell him your age, and don’t share your age on the forums publicly.

Im 34 and Klei knows I’m in my 30s but age is just a number, majority of us will always be kids at heart.

I also have a birthday coming up in May (not looking Forward to it) Anyway, don’t be surprised if this thread ends up locked.. cheers! :) 

what the hell did i just read

Archived