QoL with taste of FIRE

So, every surviver at least once faced with problem of useless tools. 1% axes, 10 shovels in caves, to dig up moles, spoiling ham bat.

So what about making them burnable? To make axe we use 1 flint and 1 twig. So if you burn when it 100%, you'll get 1 flint back. If you burn it when it's 25%, you dont get anything... or not. I'm not sure. Flint (and gold) not too rare resource.

Fried hambat can result 1 piese of fried meat.

So what do you think? Do you like it? How many resources we should get back?

1 minute ago, NightfallsCurse said:

Maybe since we are burning the item, it should return in ashes, and the ham bat should drop cooked meat and one piece of ash

Yes, I like this idea

Burning by torch or firestaff? Maybe. If you "cook" them on the campfire/firepit/star... I'm not sure.

3 minutes ago, NightfallsCurse said:

I was saying burn them by a torch/firestaff, but if you want to cook the hambat, it could give you a cooked piece of meat back and no ashes

I want put tools into fire, like we do with food, too. In this case we shouldn't take ash back.

I usually use a mod so i can burn tools in the firepit, I think the amount of 'fuel' is based on the tool durability too, so there's no need to think too much about what it should give you back when burning it. If they 'port' this to the base game, just like they did with quick drop it would be awesome.

1 hour ago, Chick3nNugg3t said:

I think this makes the game too easy. You can already get resources back from something you crafted by using the deconstruction staff--this kind of thing would render it useless.

It does make sense for the hambat, however, seeing as it is just a chunk of meat on a stick.

I don't think it's OP. Axe (as example) can give you one flint back only if it have more than 50% durability. Pickaxe: 100-75% = 2 flints, 75-50% = 1 flint, 50-0% = nothing.

13 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

If you for some strange reason have a bunch of 1% axes why don't you just swing them into a tree?

That's what I do, when I've collected a few, usually golden tools, I make a wood cutting/mining session and use them all up.

Didn't @SinancoTheBest have a recycling idea? I kinda like that one for getting rid of trash that start to take over the world.

3 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

would be a nice alternative to beating up chester with 1% tools, spears, etc.

I thought I was the only one who did that, I tried beating up Glommer too but yeah..

This problem is worse for console players because we can’t simply drag and drop these items into the ocean.

We ALSO can’t drag and drop them safely near a LurePlant, we actually have to get bitten by that Lureplant or whatever: Also Lureplant loot does not go away forever so kinda pointless to do this method.

Best way I’ve found is just smack Chester a few times.. When inventory space is limited I don’t want to carry around 5% items.

Ark Survival evolved let’s you repair almost broken tools with cheaper crafting costs then it would take making a new one: This is something I would like to see in DST.

Alternatively: Holding the Inspect button in for longer then 5 seconds could “Destroy” the tool.

The less low durability items I need to just throw on the ground randomly somewhere: the less laggy my worlds will be.

11 hours ago, goblinball said:

I don’t think anyone is using the deconstruction staff on axes.

Well think about it like this. 1 axe does 2,800 damage before breaking or chop 20 logs worth of trees before it breaks. Now combine it with a shovel and you are basically making more deconstruction staves. You use the axe for dominating 2 totally ordinary trees, you will have 60% durability left which is enough for killing two nightmare creatures. Then walk to your neighborhood labyrinth to collect 2 green gems, go to a station, and make the deconstruction staff, you would be able to use it on your axe 5 times which means 14,000 damage.

Use that invincible Axe to clear out the rest of the ruins, clear out the caves, clear out the pigmen, clear out the spiders, clear out your depression, clear out dragonfly, clear out all the pierogi in the fridge, clear out adventure mode, revert the Wolfgang rework, revert don't starve together, exterminate don't starve, and then time travel to a time before computers where your axe will shine as the technological innovation it always was.

You can do this all, all you need is a axe.

3 minutes ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

You could also do this with a hambat.

that is my point, nobody will be recrafting axes to deal low damage but save resources since the time you are wasting using an axe can be used on farming better gear

if someone is that sick to clean the ruins and kill DF with an axe is his problem but not a balance problem

11 hours ago, goblinball said:

I don’t think anyone is using the deconstruction staff on axes.

what a noob, wasting green gem on flint tools is the real meta

16 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

would be a nice alternative to beating up chester with 1% tools, spears, etc.

why would you do this to poor chester

haha it's even worse playing something like halmet where your world just has halberts sprinkled everywhere around the pig cities

Archived