Hammering Gym Result In Too Much Material?

I’m curious if there’s any uses for the potato sacks dropping potatoes when hammered. I assume not, considering if you wanted potatoes you’d probably be better off simply growing them, however I imagine if you don’t have any potatoes or desert goggles ready for the moonstorms, you can quickly use a gym to get a potato for the wagstaff goggles.

1 minute ago, goblinball said:

I’m curious if there’s any uses for the potato sacks dropping potatoes when hammered. I assume not, considering if you wanted potatoes you’d probably be better off simply growing them, however I imagine if you don’t have any potatoes or desert goggles ready for the moonstorms, you can quickly use a gym to get a potato for the wagstaff goggles.

think of it like a really early game bundling wrap that only works once, only works on potatoes, only works for one item, costs 2 planks and one grass, can't be carried in your inventory, is heavy, creates food out of nowhere, and provides special bonuses to Wolfgang.

I think being able to farm potato sacks with the moderately cheap cost of the gym is actually a pretty cool thing they added to Wolfgang, I mean if you absolute need a reason why they appear out of Nowhere maybe Wolfgang can have a Quote

“Is potato sack, Wolfgang always has sack of Potato’s back home”

or “Puny little man crushed by train with funny glasses granted Wolfgang Magic Gym of Potato for saving his life”

They can be unloaded off of the gym & make for neat cosmetic Base Decorations AND can be Hammered down for Potato’s which helps Warly in cooking ingredients. You can ALSO while in the “Mighty” threshold carry them around at fast speeds to never drain might Meter.

I mean.. Is Potato- What not to love?

13 hours ago, goblinball said:

Could slightly help in starting a potato farm. It's also great for people like Toros who thinks the gym is cheaper than food.

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

Could slightly help in starting a potato farm. It's also great for people like Toros who thinks the gym is cheaper than food.

Fully loaded gym takes 80 hunger to gain 100 mightiness in about 15 seconds.

With a belt of hunger, 48 hunger for 100 mightiness.

Wolfgang can get 40 hunger per potato and probably is ready to start farming at the same time as he kills eye of terror and can make boss statues.

Given a loss of 30 mightiness per day, that means you need an additional 24 hunger and 5 seconds per day to sustain mighty with a gym, for roughly 100 hunger per day instead of the 75 most characters lose, giving a maximum hunger rate of 1.33x (about 1.2x if you use belt of hunger only for gym time)

Warly and Wormwood both have hunger rates of 1.2x (assuming Wormwood sustains blooming, which why not since wormwood has plenty of food and speed is speed) which is not too different.

Bit more than half a potato per day to sustain mighty just using gyms, you’d need 2.5 potatoes per day to cover hunger needs.

Old wolfgang with 2.85x average hunger rate would need 5.34 potatoes per day to sustain mighty.

Assuming old wolfgang could get 2.84 potatoes or 113.6 hunger in the time saved with ~20% speed boost + 5 seconds per day he comes out ahead.

1 minute ago, Toros said:

Fully loaded gym takes 80 hunger to gain 100 mightiness in about 15 seconds.

With a belt of hunger, 48 hunger for 100 mightiness.

Wolfgang can get 40 hunger per potato and probably is ready to start farming at the same time as he kills eye of terror and can make boss statues.

Given a loss of 30 mightiness per day, that means you need an additional 24 hunger per day to sustain mighty with a gym, for roughly 100 hunger per day instead of the 75 most characters lose, giving a maximum hunger rate of 1.33x (about 1.2x if you use belt of hunger only for gym time)

Warly and Wormwood both have hunger rates of 1.2x (assuming Wormwood sustains blooming, which why not since wormwood has plenty of food and speed is speed) which is not too different.

Bit more than half a potato per day to sustain mighty just using gyms, you’d need 2.5 potatoes per day to cover hunger needs.

Your forgetting something important here though: Wolfgang can off-load those sacks of potatoes and then carry them around to never drain Mightiness- this is actually HUGE if your just wanting to chill in your mega base waiting for your Meaty Stew to cook.

So technically.. as long as your performing feats of “Might” you could stay in Mighty form without all the endless food stuffing in face of old Wolfgang. :) 

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Your forgetting something important here though: Wolfgang can off-load those sacks of potatoes and then carry them around to never drain Mightiness- this is actually HUGE if your just wanting to chill in your mega base waiting for your Meaty Stew to cook.

So technically.. as long as your performing feats of “Might” you could stay in Mighty form without all the endless food stuffing in face of old Wolfgang. :) 

I haven’t tested it yet, but I suspect if you ride a beefalo with a heavy object it also pauses the drain.

2 minutes ago, Toros said:

I haven’t tested it yet, but I suspect if you ride a beefalo with a heavy object it also pauses the drain.

I can check to see later today after I’m done with my daily routine of chores I’ll get back to you with those results, I’m on Xbox though so my version is probably behind in content patches (we can’t use dumbells as Melee weapons yet.. and their durability SUCK.) it’s the price I pay for being a console player.. but I’ll get those tweaks eventually :) 

Archived