[Game Update] - Public Testing 488887

• Developer

Hi everyone,

Another batch of fixes and polish in today's Public Testing build! Full list below.

Changes and Improvements

• All versions
    • Small adjustments to schedule screen layout
  • Spaced Out! only
    • Increased the rate that radiation kills Food Poisoning & Slimelung germs.
    • Dupes avoid idling in high-radiation areas.
    • Schedule screen now shows Duplicant’s world and highlights Duplicants on the active world.
    • Rockets now use their Spacefarer module icon as their world UI icon instead of a white rocket silhouette.
    • Rocket restricted buildings are no longer assignable while restricted.
    • Improved defrost sequence for Cryotank 3000. Resized building to correct size.
    • Edited database entry for Experiment 52B.
    • Added sound for Cryo Tank 3000
    • Increased resolution of cloth towel prop in main menu animation.
    • Space POI now show artifact recharge time remaining in their details panel
    • The germ-killing properties of radiation is now visible in the “germs” details tab
    • Worldgen:
      • Reduced the surface radiation tuning on many asteroids
      • Slightly increased radiation on Frozen Forest Asteroid
      • Significantly increased surface radiation on Radioactive Ocean Asteroid

Fixes

• All versions
    • Fixed Super Productive always instantly completing work instead of 10% of the time.
  • Spaced Out! only
    • Fixed Rocket Control Station automation sometimes would result in incorrect usage restriction states.
    • Add tooltip for DLC achievements.
    • Fixed Cryotank opening animation sometimes being stuck.
    • Fixed crash loading saves with rocket modules on a world without a Rocket Platform.
    • Hide copy building button during victory cinematic sequence.
    • Activation chores are recreated on load and are Prioritizable
    • Added a "Digesting" status item to the Beeta Hive, this fixes the issue of an empty status item that was added while the hive was digesting ores.
    • Robots can no longer take medicine.
    • Added hyperlinks in Beeta codex, fixed typos

View full update

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • GL Happy 1
  • Potato Cup 1

41 minutes ago, JarrettM said:

Schedule screen now shows Duplicant’s world and highlights Duplicants on the active world.

Awesome! :love-struck:

There is some overlapping when names are big but.. Gossman could stay home if she doesn't like it :lol:

Spoiler

image.png.a8f08649bd38c12098edbefec25b4995.png

• Haha 1

Glad to see my dupes won't pee themselves because they came back from a mission and I forgot to clear their assignment to the rocket's latrine, or lose morale from wanting to use its mess table.

Less space radiation in general is good, though I'm concerned about a frozen forest increase. It's not exactly the most forgiving of places to start on.

Is there any chance we could get atmo suits to protect from radiation, in accordance with their material? It would really help out with dupes working in space.

6 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Significantly increased surface radiation on Radioactive Ocean Asteroid

Time to... restart again :wilson_wink: Glad you guys went all in with this one and gave it the full 375 rads/cycle on the surface. That single hatch burried near the printing pod has a lot of pressure on its shoulders, not gonna lie!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Spool 1

16 hours ago, JarrettM said:
    • Schedule screen now shows Duplicant’s world and highlights Duplicants on the active world.

Please make this optional. It uses way to much space (especially, if you play with scaling UI) And if one (like me) alreday uses shifts separated by asteroid, its utterly useless. Thank you ;)

44 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

It uses way to much space

Here's an outrageous idea: Bring back oldschool animated banners to fit location names! From the early internet era at that!

Just kidding, I haven't tried SO! in a while but just by looking at some screenshots I feel this might be nerve wracking for some.

• GL Happy 1

If everyone would play at 60 FPS, we could play much bigger maps to get the frame rate down ! @cpy :confused:

I read "...oldschool animated bananas" in my first attempt :lol: @JRup A dancing space banana could be the moderator of in-game player tutorials.

16 minutes ago, JRup said:

Here's an outrageous idea: Bring back oldschool animated banners to fit location names! From the early internet era at that! ...

banana-dance.gif Banany - Wishes everyone a jolly good weekend :congratulatory::ghost::beguiled:

Edited by babba
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shopcat 1

1 hour ago, babba said:

If everyone would play at 60 FPS, we could play much bigger maps to get the frame rate down ! @cpy :confused:

I read "...oldschool animated bananas" in my first attempt :lol: @JRup A dancing space banana could be the moderator of in-game player tutorials.

banana-dance.gif Banany - Wishes everyone a jolly good weekend :congratulatory::ghost::beguiled:

Somehow, it reminds me of bananas in pajamas1c6c353a-1c8e-4455-a588-05ded4aabcae-1.thumb.jpg.834851b98666ada7776a81c392c1dcb0.jpg

• Haha 2
  • GL Happy 1