Comically unfortunate DST moments

5 hours ago, Pine G said:

This is a thread to share stories or pictures/videos of times the game decided to make fun of you. Here are some of mine:

You can pinpoint the exact second things went wrong here:

Everybody gangsta until the pit pigs roll up

Not the worst I've had, but the most recent:

I decided to base at PK after about 9 days, so I started destroying the houses for a boat, because it looked like the lunar island could be near and started killing the homeless pigs. There ended up being just one left, and I decided to take him with me for company on the boat.

On day eleven.

I ended up just punching it do death for about half its health, which wasn't fun.

Certified sad moment

I went to take a piss (this was before pausing) in the middle of summer next to the polar star on day 1287 about a minute later I come back to seeing a world being regenerated....

I died to overheating

838783022_unnamed(4).thumb.jpg.9d581f91c696a7388a79c8465d90ef42.jpg

Last picture ever taken 

-_- my moment actually is not from DST but rather DS solo Adventures mode and I was all the way up to Chapter 3 or 4 too.. the GOOD NEWS is no Matter how I die from now on it won’t ever matter anymore because I will never in my life be able to top this death.

E7330F12-75DC-467B-8066-3857B261BC77.gif.f33a6c63a4e25c9566867336d9d527c9.gif

NEVER.

Now if you want one for DST the new Turn of Tides update just had released and I had created my first boat and was ready to go out and explore the now sailable ocean! And.. this happens.

17ECC9D2-3EAE-4CD3-8145-A970313A236D.gif.224e38feba086e2006bc8b34ed9d0350.gif

When I was starting both me and my friend for some reason declared war on the catcoons and one of the encounters went kinda like this

-hits catcoon
-brain freeze
-gets hit back
-oh god, 1 hp
-catcoon dead
-proceeds to walk into fire nettle
-dies
-friend dies 10 seconds later from eating monster lasagna

Also not so long ago I got forcefully drowned through a boat while picking kelp but yesterday all hell broke loose.

I never had a lag this big before. Got hit by darkness due to that, Wilson got stuck talking for like 15 seconds straight unable to move. After that all was running fine until the next night came and my pc just gave up on itself with next lag. Forced shutdown said bye to my server for good.

Man, such a bummer way to lose a nice world

Step 1: Be warly

Step 2: Starve

Step 3: Hide underground because summer heat is too much

Step 4: Chop mushtrees to make ratatouille

Step 5: Stop chopping for some reason

Step 6: Earthquake

Step 7: Lose 20 health to flint

Step 8: Begin desperately cooking

Step 9: Die to starvation

Step 10: Enjoy your unreachable ratatouille which finally finished cooking

On 11/9/2021 at 11:43 PM, Pine G said:

This is a thread to share stories or pictures/videos of times the game decided to make fun of you. Here are some of mine:

You can pinpoint the exact second things went wrong here:

I never recorded this, but there was a time that I was Wilson on Hard Lights mode, a match in which we made it to Swineclops. Wicker healed as blue light began > swine jumped > everyone in the team except for me and Woodie died on impact. Blue light ended and Woodie took swine while I started reviving the main tank… green light began and I just… didn’t think to move… I died, the light interrupting the revive, and soon after, Woodie died, ending the match in a defeat. 

One of the most unepic gamer moments in my DST ReForged career.

~~

Also, Pine, that second recording looks like Hard DT mode, yes? And I’m guessing that that was before ReForged 2.0? Reason why I’m mentioning it is because YOU CAN NO LONGER PARRY CROC SPIT. Also, croc spit breaks you out of parry too T_T

5 hours ago, fierysage1 said:

One of the most unepic gamer moments in my DST ReForged career.

Yeah, that's just how lights go sometimes, haha. God forbid if you're trying to cast a spell during orange light or tanking a boss during blue light.

5 hours ago, fierysage1 said:

And I’m guessing that that was before ReForged 2.0?

Yup, these are old recordings that I have dug up. The croc spit though... I've yet to experience it, but I know that it will hurt.

On a twitch live stream I had two things happen to me on screen:

1. I was sailing at sea with the streamer and I tagged along as Wolfgang (first time trying him) and because it was Spring I got struck at the worst possible moment by lighting, killing me by the fire, then killing the boat sending the Streamer host into the darkness which made them die. (all of this was l i v e)

2.  Never mock a Masktusk

Playing as Wurt. Wanted to go on a bunny-killing spree (in UM, bunnymen can't be coaxed into civil war). 

1. Make merm king on one of the available tapestries, which is unfortunately well away from the bunny villages - pretty much the other side of the map - and actually not close to my merm village either.
  2. First problem - the beefalo we left many moons ago in the caves got feral, and started a herd right next to my merm village. And this was during spring.
  3. "Okay, beefalo-killing spree sidequest. Good thing I brought my morning star." I'm pretty sure merms aren't naturally luminescent, so depth worms must have also spawned at some point.
  4. Of the 10 merm houses in the merm village, I managed to eke out 5 after killing the beefalo (there were also some neutral babies, so the herd was preserved) and the worms.
  5. Arrive at the bunny village 15 seconds before new day and all bunnymen hide in their houses. Had to wait for dusk.
  6. Kill most bunnies in this village. I'm out of ready-to-eat healing food and armor, I have more in the bundling wrap but the night is setting in, and an RNE is coming so I decide not to fumble with bundles right now.
  7. Of all the possible RNEs, game spawns the one merms can't help me with - nightmare fissures.
  8. I die. Waiting for a friend to revive me.
  9. Before that happens, Merm king dies. After reviving, I have just 30 health.

1. Try making the Beequeen tentacle trap.

2. Die to tentacles.

3. Try pick up your stuff.

4. Die to tentacles again.

5. Fight Beequeen. Watch her not giving a US-certified organic f*ck about the tentacles. Die to Beequeen.

6. Get mad, since this isn't working out and start manually killing the tentacles.

7. Die to tentacles.

8. Give up and put up a sign warning of tentacles.

9. Sign burns down cause summer.

10. Make another sign.

11. Sign burns down cause summer.

12. Watch the field of tentacles, skeletons and several burned signs in admiration. Set up a sign that simply says "F*ck." and leave.

1. Fighting Klaus, doing pretty good.
2. Klaus summons Krampi.
3. I freeze a Krampus and run from the other closer to the ocean.
4. Wild raft of pengulls appears from the ocean and into my path.
5. I can't go through pengulls.
6. Krampus hits me a couple times. 
7. Klaus kills me using the red gem no-eye-deer's spell.
8. I laugh because died for avian conspiracy.

20211114003907_1.thumb.jpg.7eb448a913d8dfe56bb88b2984aaedfa.jpg

this was in a webber only world, being the webber/wormwood main that i am, i used a mod so that you could only pick webber

anyways, things went pretty good until winter (i still cant survive first winter)

so everybody was gathering food, sitting by the fire, bla bla bla

until one of the webbers who i had trusted lit ALL the things on fire and left

i didnt know how to rollback and 2 of the other webbers left, then another left after

it was just me and another webber

i heard that you could go into the caves to survive summer, so i wondered if it worked that way with winter too                                                                 it did not work the same way in winter (also i had ran out of food)

i asked the other webber for food, but he had used a different sinkhole so there was a gap between us

i ended up starving

Archived