What do you think the most obscure item is?

On 10/28/2021 at 7:27 PM, SonicDen220 said:

The most obscure item? If we're only counting obtainable items, It has to be the bile-covered slop from shipwrecked.

Bile-Covered_Slop.png.489888b82c88a94c7204c204dbecf4e5.pngIt's an item that you probably will never see in-game or don't know exists without looking it up.

If we're talking DST, then no idea. Maybe some event-exclusive item? (like the hound whistle and the feather fan from year of the varg and gobbler respectively). Some specific winter's feast adornment? A nearly-impossible-to-make crock pot recipe like ceviche and seafood gumbo?

I just recently found this and just stared at it xD

As for other items I'd say the Winter's Feast eternal fruit cake. Or the bubble pipe statue. I get the irony of the cornucopia, but why a bubble pipe??

What I don't find useless, but weird in their traits are nightmare fissures. More specific: Why do they not have any examine interaction and are completely ignored by your cursoras objects altogether? How do they function codewise? Why aren't they just like the celestial fissures?

On 10/29/2021 at 12:15 AM, HowlVoid said:

I didn't know this because it has actually never occured to me to check what is inside the kiln. 

Never hungry, to check if anything is in crockpot?

I would rather say recipe for it is obscure, than item itself. But still more obscure are recipes for ancient replicas, as they require one smoll chest in ruins and to put right intems inside. Also their use is only decorative... There is no hint for them in game.

Ok I'm changing my answer.

What is the most obscure thing in dst? The thing that no matter how many wiki pages you read, no matter how much code you delve into, no mater how many days of your life you spend to searching for that answer, but you will never in all of eternity find?

Klei's reason for changing the recipe for the cookbook to a cooked seed, mushroom and morsel. 

Now what plebs? 

956534149_download(19).jpeg.372935147034b52418bb8728a5721536.jpeg

Tillweed salve is a high tier pick... I think many people know about it because they've seen it in their survival tab though, just 0% have actually made it. Now here's an item that is as unnecessary as the salve AND you need a blueprint to find out it exists in the first place...

The Waterfowl Can.

Who the hell has ever wanted more efficient crop watering... or even killed Malbatross in the first place lol.

3 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Ok I'm changing my answer.

What is the most obscure thing in dst? The thing that no matter how many wiki pages you read, no matter how much code you delve into, no mater how many days of your life you spend to searching for that answer, but you will never in all of eternity find?

Klei's reason for changing the recipe for the cookbook to a cooked seed, mushroom and morsel. 

Now what plebs? 

Willow gets a small sanity regen when holding a morning star.

Also fire darts. Sleepdarts still make somewhat sense, if you somehow have wasted every mandrake in your world but fire darts just suck. They don't do damage themselves, they still draw aggro, fire attacks burn loot, the fire staff is the more comfy way, if you just wanna cause chaos and you could literally just hit something with a torch. I don't even use them as Willow. I really think, fire weapons could use some buff to burn less loot and maybe do a bit of damage on impact. Otherwise they are just a tool for people who like to cook birds alive.

this is less of an item but more of a strategy, but I guess it counts

killing the shadow pieces on a full moon, you're able to get the figure sketches at the time, it also spawns some clockworks too!

free gears and a nice place to relocate some pieces

Archived