[Game Update] - 483468

1 minute ago, Who am i said:

Merm being lost is actually part of an AI problem, they can't just find any way from their view to go on other side, and because that they go forward.It may be not fixed because 1: It's needs a lot of work and time, maybe even it's own update 2:it may be bad for popular persons and megabasers, because a lot of of farms based on abusing AI.

What about these bugs 

• Like 4

Just now, Mysterious box said:

Yes it's very clear it's intentional at this point

Wurts problems 9 times out of 10 tie into another update Klei has planned for the future of the game, JoeW even made a comment in one of the threads awhile back about players (and developers alike) feeling fatigue from the way their Current Roadmap is handled he then went on to say that they had some New/different things they want to do that will be announced with the 2022 roadmap, but for NOW they still have a 2021 Roadmap to fulfill the promises of before we can discuss the future.

while that isn’t word for word what he said- it seems to imply that 2022 will be the year of massive changes to the game, and as an example: if they overhaul combat or mob behaviors- WURTS BUGS ARE PART OF THAT..

Be patient… and stop pestering the Devs, I’m sure they have their reasons why this or that hasn’t been fixed yet.

• Like 4
  • Potato Cup 1

Merm being lost is actually part of an AI problem, they can't just find any way from their view to go on other side, and because that they go forward.It may be not fixed because 1: It's needs a lot of work and time, maybe even it's own update 2:it may be bad for popular persons and megabasers, because a lot of of farms based on abusing AI.

Not talking about the boat/pathfinding issue here myself - although that is a valid concern, and I reckon in the case of merms one could just let them swim, considering they're fish people.

The issue I'm talking about specifically is the one where an unloaded merm will just be in stasis forever if it's not hired, never returning home, making your mermhouse/flortifications never spawn a new merm unless you go to where the merm is, and keep him on screen so he can walk home, or try to kill him.

• Potato Cup 1

This isn't a good enough reason for me personally Wurt is the only character whose perk actively works against her due to the games design and this makes zero sense since she is the only follower character who was designed for dst yet due to her design and content updates she'd actually be better off being ported to single player don't starve and having wilba replacing her.

4 minutes ago, Who am i said:

1: It's needs a lot of work and time, maybe even it's own update

Yeah that is kinda a good part of it, I am saddened to not see the merms getting lost bug not get fixed after all this time, but it is different from your usual bug as it's a more behavioral bug rather than a "mechanical" bug so it does require some discussion on how to fix it brand new code, etc, rather than just finding the source of the bug in the code and fixing the simple mistake like in lots of other cases.

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wurts problems 9 times out of 10 tie into another update Klei has planned for the future of the game, JoeW even made a comment in one of the threads awhile back about players (and developers alike) feeling fatigue from the way their Current Roadmap is handled he then went on to say that they had some New/different things they want to do that will be announced with the 2022 roadmap, but for NOW they still have a 2021 Roadmap to fulfill the promises of before we can discuss the future.

while that isn’t word for word what he said- it seems to imply that 2022 will be the year of massive changes to the game, and as an example: if they overhaul combat or mob behaviors- WURTS BUGS ARE PART OF THAT..

Be patient… and stop pestering the Devs, I’m sure they have their reasons why this or that hasn’t been fixed yet.

It's been 2 years shall I bring this up in 5 to 10 years instead?

• Like 3

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Thing is the issue I and most others have isn't even that it's not fixed. It's the fact that they haven't given any indication they're GOING to fix it. It's literally as simple as saying "That bug's a little complex to fix quickly, but it is on our to do list". Wurt is a paid character from 2019, they don't get to have the assumption of "oh they'll fix it eventually" after that much time.

6 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

Thing is the issue I and most others have isn't even that it's not fixed. It's the fact that they haven't given any indication they're GOING to fix it. It's literally as simple as saying "That bug's a little complex to fix quickly, but it is on our to do list". Wurt is a paid character from 2019, they don't get to have the assumption of "oh they'll fix it eventually" after that much time.

Well there’s still a QoL update that’s supposed to be coming at a later date (the one we got this month was added in as “Bonus”) You can hold out hope that other planned Roadmap QoL addresses a lot of the problems people have been discussing for years.

We know for a fact Ancient Guardian is getting an Overhaul- That should be Clue ENOUGH for you that they’re doing “Things”

Just be patient, I’m sure we will know what Klei is up to in due time.

Edited by Mike23Ua

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well there’s still a QoL update that’s supposed to be coming at a later date (the one we got this month was added in as “Bonus”) You can hold out hope that other QoL addresses a lot of the problems people have been discussing for years.

We know for a fact Ancient Guardian is getting an Overhaul- That should be Clue ENOUGH for you that they’re doing “Things”

Just be patient, I’m sure we will know what Klei is up to in due time.

I mean, you're free to hope for that, but I don't think it's at all unreasonable to demand to know when the product we paid for is going to have an extremely impactful bug addressed when it has existed for just over two years by now. Patience would be if she were as new as Wanda, and some bugs were to be expected. The fact that a bug with zero downside to players was so hastily addressed while a bug that massively hinders players hasn't even been acknowledged makes some of us rightfully a little ticked off. At this point it's not about patience, it's about faith, and corporations do not get faith from me.

I'm lucky enough to play on PC, so I can use mods to fix a bug like this, but console players don't get that, and some of them won't even know the bug exists at all, and will be confused as to why their mermhouses never seem to spawn any merms. This isn't a QOL feature, it's a bug that can make gameplay actively worse for Wurt players, and makes the already confusing mermhouse spawning mechanics even more confusing. 

3 minutes ago, Who am i said:

I like how fast just because 1 message topic changed from talking about patch to talking about Wurt.

It's because this bug improved the experience of playing as Wurt, and let one of her most impactful bugs be circumnavigated by virtue of the fact that it means merms won't be losing loyalty out in the middle of nowhere + the fact that the merms getting lost bug hasn't even been so much as mentioned by klei insofar as I'm aware.

Edited by Masked Koopa
  • Like 6
  • Big Ups 1

4 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

I mean, you're free to hope for that, but I don't think it's at all unreasonable to demand to know when the product we paid for is going to have an extremely impactful bug addressed when it has existed for just over two years by now. Patience would be if she were as new as Wanda, and some bugs were to be expected. The fact that a bug with zero downside to players was so hastily addressed while a bug that massively hinders players hasn't even been acknowledged makes some of us rightfully a little ticked off. At this point it's not about patience, it's about faith, and corporations do not get faith from me.

I'm lucky enough to play on PC, so I can use mods to fix a bug like this, but console players don't get that, and some of them won't even know the bug exists at all, and will be confused as to why their mermhouses never seem to spawn any merms. This isn't a QOL feature, it's a bug that can make gameplay actively worse for Wurt players, and makes the already confusing mermhouse spawning mechanics even more confusing. 

It's because this bug improved the experience of playing as Wurt, and let one of her most impactful bugs be circumnavigated by virtue of the fact that it means merms won't be losing loyalty out in the middle of nowhere + the fact that the merms getting lost bug hasn't even been so much as mentioned by klei insofar as I'm aware.

Klei really needs to fix these issues, which is too much trouble for wurt players

27 minutes ago, Dextops said:

Also an easy fix could just make them tp at their house after being unfriended for a while

This is true. Webbers spiders do exactly this if you shut down the server or unload the caves if you haven't picked them up to break their link to their nest.

If you have a bug that needs fixing, report it on the tracker. 

If it's still not fixed, re-report it. 

Some bugs are an easy fix, some are complex, some bugs are not a priority when you've reported it (like during busy updates), and some are just missed. 

If you can give a clear explanation on the problem and what causes it, the better the odds of it being fixed. 

<- This guy bug reports.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Don't think there's any "good" Wormwood bugs. He's great on his own as is :D

No, no, no, no. You KNOW what I mean, don't change the subject. If ANYONE finds an awsome bug of Wormwood's you report it to me and I will tie up ANY lose ends. You can bet on it.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Wavey 1

5 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

No, no, no, no. You KNOW what I mean, don't change the subject. If ANYONE finds an awsome bug of Wormwood's you report it to me and I will tie up ANY lose ends. You can bet on it.

You mean that cool bug where Wormwood can-

Spoiler

(I’m joking obviously, can’t play the game until they release a patch to fix the sandstorm crashing so may as well make jokes on Forum.)

• Wavey 1