what if yooka and laylee from yooka laylee were in don't starve together

I think they could have some kind of gimmick related to Laylee being treated as a hat, so Yooka can't equip other hats without knocking her off, so she'll be vulnerable to enemy attacks as a follower and he needs to protect her!! Maybe they would have jacob and esau (binding of isaac go check it out) mechanics so that if Laylee dies then so does Yooka so you have to be careful! But they would have perks to make up for the downside like flying and tail twirl attack

Just now, Sunset Skye said:

I think they could have some kind of gimmick related to Laylee being treated as a hat, so Yooka can't equip other hats without knocking her off, so she'll be vulnerable to enemy attacks as a follower and he needs to protect her!! Maybe they would have jacob and esau (binding of isaac go check it out) mechanics so that if Laylee dies then so does Yooka so you have to be careful! But they would have perks to make up for the downside like flying and tail twirl attack

maybe if you lost laylee then you could craft a little laylee bell (looks l8ike beefer bell!) to get her back easily!

As Halloween costume, maybe.. but as a playable character, why..? Just why..?

I’m on board with cute Halloween costumes from other franchises.. in fact (and everyone already has seen..) I’ve turned half the roster into DC comic villains.

I keep spamming that photo to show a clear example where Halloween outfits work.

(I mean in real life people dress up as gigantic fruits for this wacky holiday…) So cute costumes would certainly work- And more importantly they don’t HAVE to fit DSTs tone or lore, because they’re Halloween Costumes- When has Halloween costumes (in game or in real life..) EVER Made sense? ;) 

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

When has Halloween costumes EVER Made sense? ;) 

The practice of costumes on Hallowe'en started as a means to hide. 
Hallowe'en is said to be the day when the barrier between the Real World and the Spirit World weakens, allowing the souls of the dead, nature spirits, and various Demons to invade Earth. 
In this, the practice of wearing disgusting, terrifying costumes was considered a matter of life and death.
If you didn't wear the disguise, you genuinely risked being mauled to death by some sort of monster, or cursed by a vengeful spirit (at least, this is what they believed). 
In this way, it made completely logical sense to those people. To answer your question. 

10 minutes ago, Wendy C. said:

The practice of costumes on Hallowe'en started as a means to hide. 
Hallowe'en is said to be the day when the barrier between the Real World and the Spirit World weakens, allowing the souls of the dead, nature spirits, and various Demons to invade Earth. 
In this, the practice of wearing disgusting, terrifying costumes was considered a matter of life and death.
If you didn't wear the disguise, you genuinely risked being mauled to death by some sort of monster, or cursed by a vengeful spirit (at least, this is what they believed). 
In this way, it made completely logical sense to those people. To answer your question. 

Glad to know I never would’ve had to wear a costume in the old days

Seems @Mike23Ua found a "brother in arms" with such random topics.

While in theory - via "My lil Pony friendship be magic" shenanigans - and if cross-overs will be a thing in DST's future, possible, I for one want DST keeping its original contained universe and style. Can see that purple bat-creature as a Batilisk and the bipedal chameleon as Maxameleon via some *wink-wink* Easter Egg costume-event (Halloween, indeed, coming to mind the most), yet I would prefer not on stated grounds.

I think it would be cool to have a Yooka-Laylee themed DLC world like Hamlet. The world could be themed around Shipwreck Creek and Hivory Towers, while the big gimmick would be that grand tomes are scattered around and you can go inside them to get to smaller, themed worlds, just like in Yooka-Laylee!! And maybe you could even collect Pagies inside (or craft them with papyrus and nightmare fuel?) and use those to expand the tomes to make them BIGGER, just like in Yooka-Laylee!!

I think there would be a lot of potential with the grand tome themes too... just think of a DST world themed around Capital Cashino, or Galleon Galaxy!

40 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

So you are saying that it is okay to have a spiderman fortnite edgy rick skin in dst?

I don’t know who or what an Edgy Rick is, Fortnites default skins are boring and uninteresting and most it’s skins are cross-overs from other popular franchises, Getting the rights to “Spider-Man” at all will be kind of hard though- because despite what people think MARVEL doesn’t own Spider-Man, SONY does.. and that’s precisely why Spider-Man is now exclusive to Playstation consoles.

You’d come closer to getting Ironman in the game before you would Spider-Man.

But to answer you question- IF it’s a Halloween costume? Then yes.. Some of the Halloween costumes that are in the game I wouldn’t touch, but.. (like with Wigfrids Deerclops skin) if the characters wear cute little paper masks/hats- I personally don’t see a problem with it.

Aside from the legal stuff of Klei having to pay to use licensed copyrighted stuff.. but all that’s BORING for us forum members to talk about, so If Klei see’s it as a worthwhile & ultimately profitable endeavor.. they’ll do what they see as a good business choice.

Ahem HOWEVER- With that said (and with Tencent owning shares into Fortnite, Rocket League & now also Klei Entertainment) all you need to do is look at the current Halloween “Event” in Rocket League- which is a DC crossover for Batman related content, you only need to look at how many people have bought the limited time cosmetics from that to see that Popular well known brands bring in profit to lesser played franchises.

10$ for ONE Batmobile in that game (a bit expensive if you ask me…) but Just go LOOK at how many people are buying those skins…

Your asking me if DST Should have a popular well known franchise as a purely cosmetic Halloween outfit..

The answer is Yes.

And more importantly: If it brings in more profit for Klei so they can in return provide the game your playing with bigger more meaningful content updates…

why do you even care?

23 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

-snip-

Honestly I'd love for more and more crossovers to happen with DST!! I don't think skins for different series would mess with the tone at all like I hear a lot, just like how having a little sparkling candy cane doesn't mess with the tone, and if it was with such big franchises like you're suggesting then it'd be a sign that DST would be getting REALLY popular.

Archived