Wolfgang´s Future Refresh

18 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

My opinion wont change. 

So then what was the point of ever arguing 

20 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

I dont really care if it gets added or not, but YOU?, you simply say "no" cause you dont like it

I gave multiple reasons why I dislike it

20 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

who is going way over the top to deny this addition despite being more than fitting to the character (yes it is fitting, and yes its part of the personality of the character who often boasts about his strength) 

Because I don’t see it as a good change to the character as it adds nothing new to his kit or anything new to his personality people can have differing option s that’s why I took the time to argue with someone to see a different point of view but you are just saying that I am denying anyone from having a differing opinion and because I don’t want this in the game because I don’t want it

52 minutes ago, Dextops said:

So then what was the point of ever arguing 

There was a point until the conversation started to get nowhere, largely cause you dont understand what a niche perk is meant to be and dont differentiate it from a main perk. 

You want the damn thing to be impactful or something, guess what? thats not a niche perk is, thats what a MAIN perk is. 

I wont bother to argue if you dont get this. 

If you wanna talk about a main perk which is basically what you want, then go ahead, cause you dont have a real argument against the niche of being able to carry heavy things easier than other characters, largely cause youre talking like its meant to be a main perk.

Also i remember you saying something about waste of resources, yeah sure, cause its so hard to simply change the movement speed... you know, something players can do with a command, theres even mods to make it on the press of a button.

Whatever, this heavyweight lifting perk is just niche, like many other characters that have niche perks, as for what Wolfgang will get for his main perks, who knows, we dont know that much about him besides that he was in the military and worked at a circus, they also mention he values camaraderie, but dont think we can get much out of that.

Theres also that he apparently grew on a farm, but dont see the character who is heavily tied to physical strength having farm related perks.

HOW? How can a tiny logical perk that makes sense for a character (strong man is strong enough to be better at carrying heavy things than a small weak girl) cause such a big debate? Seriously, the impression I'm getting is "god, carrying statues faster is so bad, it's such a waste, absolutely disgraceful, Klei should never add such a disgusting thing to this game, it's going to ruin not just the character, but the game as a whole".

10 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

HOW? How can a tiny logical perk that makes sense for a character (strong man is strong enough to be better at carrying heavy things than a small weak girl) cause such a big debate? Seriously, the impression I'm getting is "god, carrying statues faster is so bad, it's such a waste, absolutely disgraceful, Klei should never add such a disgusting thing to this game, it's going to ruin not just the character, but the game as a whole".

Idk, you tell me.

37 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

I know, right? A lot of Don't Starve players, gamers in general really but it's very prevalent with Don't Starve players for some reason, have this weird thought process where if they already do something one way then no other way is worth even considering. Whether or not that other way is just as good, maybe even better, and whether or not they've even tried the other way that they're saying is irrelevant, they just stick to their guns. "I've always done it this way, so I'll always do it this way". It pops up in discussion about suggestions, discussion about underused items, discussion about gameplay, discussion about anything and everything.

Wolfgang carrying statues faster wouldn't really be a reason to pick him. No one is saying it would be. Based on how I've seen people act on Klei servers I think a good portion of them might actually consider it, but it doesn't matter whether or not they do because the point of the perk isn't for some grand thing that makes Wolfgang super good and makes people want to pick him. It's just because it would be thematically and mechanically fitting. It would make Wolfgang life a little better, and allow him to realistically get statues in place without needing a beefalo. And as I'm typing this comment I also just realized it'd make him really good at things like moving giant crops or statues into decorational places or even making walls out of them.

It's not like people are saying that the Wolfgang rework should exclusively do that. This is the Weaponized Warble of the hypothetical Wolfgang rework, the Vigor Mortis, the Den Decorating Set. Just one part of a bigger rework including other things, such as possibly extending mighty form to include the chop, smash, and mine actions.

2 hours ago, SonicDen220 said:

You described the forum drama. Here, each grain of sand can grow into disneyland castle

Edit. Just remember how long was the topic about adding berry bushes in late game

Glad that klei dont listen to all the community

Potentially stupid idea, but part of me would like to see Wolfgang become the anti-Wes.

Like, Wes's thing is that he puts less force into his swing, so each swing uses up less durability, but also does less work/damage. Essentially making him less time efficient than Wilson, but just as (if not more, under certain circumstances) resource efficient.

I think it would make a lot of thematic sense if Wolfgang's mighty form did the exact opposite: consumed more durability per swing to do more work/damage. Thus making Wolfgang twice as time efficient, but not more resource efficient than Wilson.

Wolfgang gets synergy with other characters:

- When holding a baloon he claims he can fly. It allows you to make small jumps flapping the arm with no real purpose. can’t jump through gaps or above enemies. He says it’s not working because it’s a bad wind day.

- Wolfgang can use Abigail flower: to summon the lost spirit of his former trainer. It won’t fight, just keep insulting Wolfgang he’s getting lazy and gaining weight. You can only despawn him by giving it 200 push-ups.

- Wolfgang can use codex umbra and Wickerbottom books: he pretends to read them with tiny made up glasses and says made up spell casting gibberish. No effect. 

- Wolfgang can load catapults with potatoes. Same damage, just potato flinging.

- Wolfgang after eating Woodie’s monster meat idols claims to be transformed. He can then bite trees or head charge rocks, but only taking damage. He says it didn’t work because of bad wind too.

- Wolfgang deeply admires the merm king. Being next to merm king gives Wolfgang a bro-sanity boost.

- Wolfgang can use some of Wanda’s clocks, mostly to try to time his physical prowess. He usually turns himself into a muscular mustached toddler for about a day.

- Wolfgang can sing with wigfrid’s songs. He actually sings amazingly, and it summons pigs that come to make a standing ovation while sobbing and tossing petals at him.

- Wolfgang can use BERNIE! as a punching bag. Bernie takes no damage but after 30 hits it will punch him back.

- Wolfgang can use Walter’s slingshot but it will always break it after one use. Wolfgang will then say it was already broken.

- Wolfgang can carry big Woby on his back.

7 hours ago, Dollmaker said:

You want the damn thing to be impactful or something, guess what? thats not a niche perk is, thats what a MAIN perk is. 

And I said that is what I disliked about them I know you don’t want to argue anymore but just let me make it clear I don’t hate this perk only because it’s niche I also hate it for all the other reasons I said sorry if I was harsh during this debate 

6 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Potentially stupid idea, but part of me would like to see Wolfgang become the anti-Wes.

Like, Wes's thing is that he puts less force into his swing, so each swing uses up less durability, but also does less work/damage. Essentially making him less time efficient than Wilson, but just as (if not more, under certain circumstances) resource efficient.

I think it would make a lot of thematic sense if Wolfgang's mighty form did the exact opposite: consumed more durability per swing to do more work/damage. Thus making Wolfgang twice as time efficient, but not more resource efficient than Wilson.

I actually though of that (no, seriously, the exact thing), but i wasnt sure of suggesting it, since faster chopping/mining, would get into Woodie and Maxwell territory, on top of him doing more dmg than both of them. 

2 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

I actually though of that (no, seriously, the exact thing), but i wasnt sure of suggesting it, since faster chopping/mining, would get into Woodie and Maxwell territory, on top of him doing more dmg than both of them. 

It could be just 1 hit less for the double of durability or what ever

Also, eating a lot to chop faster isnt the nost efficient thing to start

5 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

If he needs to be mighty to get a bonus then he's expending a bunch of food to chop fast while Woodie expends nothing to chop fast and Maxwell chops way faster than either of them. Plus Maxwell has a bit more than just chopping and Woodie has considerably more.

47 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

If he needs to be mighty to get a bonus then he's expending a bunch of food to chop fast while Woodie expends nothing to chop fast and Maxwell chops way faster than either of them. Plus Maxwell has a bit more than just chopping and Woodie has considerably more.

Im really hopping Maxwell gets something good, his gathering powers become less and less relevant overtime and his duelist are useless.

Could also mention how obnoxious his shadows are when you dont need them....

Anyway, idk about making Wolfgang better at farming, especially when you consider his dmg being way higher than any of the characters.

29 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

Im really hopping Maxwell gets something good, his gathering powers become less and less relevant overtime and his duelist are useless.

For the majority of players his power becomes more and more relevant over time. His duelists aren't useless either, they're just not universally useful.

Could also mention how obnoxious his shadows are when you dont need them....

If you punch them they turn into nightmare fuel.

Anyway, idk about making Wolfgang better at farming, especially when you consider his dmg being way higher than any of the characters.

Combat is a really small part of the game and his damage isn't as high as you think it is.

15 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

For the majority of players his power becomes more and more relevant over time. His duelists aren't useless either, they're just not universally useful.

If you punch them they turn into nightmare fuel.

I know you can de-summon them, but having them agroo on every tree or rock is annoying, specially if youre doing something in your base and they start destroying stuff, like Twiggy Trees or Marble Trees. 

Youre basically forced to de-summon them if you dont want them causing chaos at your base, you should be allowed to "turn them off", similar to how you can make Abigail Neutral or Hostile. 

Could also mention that due to them constantly agrooing on stuff, specially trees, is really easy for them to get killed by Poison Birchnut or Treeguard 

The thing is, Wolfgang’s rework is 1 month and a few short days away, realistically speaking: Klei’s already been working with his rework probably even way BEFORE they announced it.

So what your going to get: Klei’s vision of how they feel their character should play.

Klei will maybe listen to feedback of what the fans want & implement only the things that fit into their vision.. but other than that- The Reworks already done.

I just hope that they take a good hard look at all the art they have of the big guy, look at how the folks who actually work at “Klei” portray their own characters through vignettes, animated shorts, character descriptions, etc… I want to see THAT Wolfgang brought to the game: Not just what we have now with more damage and faster movement speed when shoving potato into face.

Oh my god.

In my all 7 years of playing Don't Starve, i would never ever see a ranting or debate or whatever you want to call about a flavour perk. A FLAVOUR PERK. You know, the ones that make more alive the game? 

Jesus, take a chamomile tea or some anti-stressful toys instead of filling entire pages of forums just about what? If Wolfgang could trasport faster some stupid rock? For real?!? A neat and docile change that benefit EVERYONE without a drawback whatsoever? Infact it's absurd that klei never gave him this perk, since Wolfgang ITSELF SAY IT.

image.png.8b8fc215bbf0fa27ae64cfd15544a81d.png

image.png.ff1c1a179592c260800127589cfc653d.png

image.png.4318fcd2a07cf0ded69418770867aec3.png

I love discussions, but in the holy Maxwell's chin chill out. We're still at October. If already talking about the addition of a docile innocent flavour perk could sparkle this useless debate, Klei should prepare thousands of fire exstinguishers for the forums during December....

Archived