Wolfgang´s Future Refresh

24 minutes ago, Dextops said:

I call it useless because it’s so niche I don’t know if there’s a point to it other than a small qol for the 1% of chances or happens and I’m more geared to taming a beefalo since it has more benefits 

What benefits? Not wasting resources while fighting (but you waste to keep the saltlicks), traveling faster and moving heavy stuff? Except for faster traveling (that can be replaced with telelocator focus playing solo) the other perks arent that great and even useless for wolfg

For wolfg the fight perk is useless and taming a beefalo just to be able to base building more confortable is annoying so being able to move moon altars (for every fight you need yo move 6 heavy items) and moving statues to make a nice base makes that perk very usefull and wished, if you dont like it good for you, there will be more perks that you might enjoy

And im actually dont care if you dont like it, is just that people who said "because yes" piss me off a lot. Talking to say nothing is a waste of oxigen

3 hours ago, Dextops said:

I call it useless because it’s so niche I don’t know if there’s a point to it other than a small qol for the 1% of chances or happens and I’m more geared to taming a beefalo since it has more benefits 

Taming a beefalo also makes the rest of Wolfgang's perks pretty useless. Why on Earth do you think 99% of Wolfgangs are taming beefalos? If anything you've got that backwards.

You bringing up taming beefalo actually gives more support to this change being a great one. Not only is it thematically fitting (strong man lifts heavy objects), but it's mechanically fitting as well (Wolfgang doesn't like taming beefalo since they conflict with his perks).

When diabetes rework? just kidding

I honestly feel like he will be nerfed (especially the mighty part)

if changing the mighty ability to be a side thing and take steps to activate seems tedious (imo)

changing what he does with sanity is a must, "is afraid of darkness and monsters" you mean by 0.00002% righttttttttt?

More additions to him would be a welcoming thing, (hopefully not another "walter" addition of things) lore based? Maybe, but I like a bit more gameplay than just "oh he was in the circus, so let's give him sircus things!" without context, or useful thought.

But what want, is a addition of better farming attributes, man grow potato, he must be good at farming, yes? A man of good labor must be a little good at it, at least at an expense of something, hunger maybe? Chopping is faster, as in the smacks to break it same goes with other things, a .20 per smack? i don't want to get into logistics of each thing broken and each smack. But a thing to note is honey spiced things, maybe it wouldn't last as long, or at least increases hunger by bits more? Wimpy form could cause less effort in resource gathering.

I don't know, I was just rambling for an effort of posting to this thread.

please no arguments of deep threat!

6 hours ago, Dextops said:

it’s so niche I don’t know if there’s a point to it other than a small qol for the 1% of chances or happens

Wurt can read Wickerbottom's books for sanity.

Woodie has an increased maximum loyalty time, so he can recruit pigs for up to 3 days, instead of up to 2.5.

20 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

They dont change gameplay, nor they are fun or inmersive

Ever heard of flavor perks?

They are just there for fun, not necessarily cause they are useful or impactful. 

An example being how Maxwell and Winona call the nightmare creature by its true name, Charlie. 

54 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

They dont change gameplay, nor they are fun or inmersive

gives personality and are helpful

with wurt i have a chest for insanity books and other for sanity books. I dont use them often but if im really lazy i would use them to quick drop/increase my sanity

6 hours ago, HumanBean150 said:

Wurt can read Wickerbottom's books for sanity.

Woodie has an increased maximum loyalty time, so he can recruit pigs for up to 3 days, instead of up to 2.5.

And I don’t like any of these since they don’t have too effect on gameplay especially wurt reading was shown in her character trailer yet nothing else happened and it was a pretty useless perk

11 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

What benefits? Not wasting resources while fighting (but you waste to keep the saltlicks), traveling faster and moving heavy stuff? Except for faster traveling (that can be replaced with telelocator focus playing solo) the other perks arent that great and even useless for wolfg

For wolfg the fight perk is useless and taming a beefalo just to be able to base building more confortable is annoying so being able to move moon altars (for every fight you need yo move 6 heavy items) and moving statues to make a nice base makes that perk very usefull and wished, if you dont like it good for you, there will be more perks that you might enjoy

And im actually dont care if you dont like it, is just that people who said "because yes" piss me off a lot. Talking to say nothing is a waste of oxigen

I don’t really understand what you are saying sorry

A long time ago I made a crazy suggestion to allow Wolfgang to go into a throwing pose and chunk team mates/other items like heavy objects across the map, AND he would Synergies with Wigfrid- By being able to fling her Battle spear first through the air to deal extra damage. That post got a thanks react from a dev now that could mean absolutely nothing.. but I’m really hoping they go with something like that.

I am sick and tired of the Wigfrid Vs Wolfgang Debates… make them work best TOGETHER in a game called Dont Starve TOGETHER.

1 hour ago, Dextops said:

And I don’t like any of these since they don’t have too effect on gameplay especially wurt reading was shown in her character trailer yet nothing else happened and it was a pretty useless perk

Again, flavor perks, they arent meant to be impactful or that useful if at all, they are there just for flavor. 

Doesnt matter if you like it or not. 

I already gave the examples of Maxwell and Winona calling the night creature for its true name, being Charlie.

Theres also Winona being capable of telling apart Wagstaff's tools. 

Or Wendy not losing sanity to ghosts. 

These kind of things are just very niche in general and are just there for fun. 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

A long time ago I made a crazy suggestion to allow Wolfgang to go into a throwing pose and chunk team mates/other items like heavy objects across the map, AND he would Synergies with Wigfrid- By being able to fling her Battle spear first through the air to deal extra damage. That post got a thanks react from a dev now that could mean absolutely nothing.. but I’m really hoping they go with something like that.

I am sick and tired of the Wigfrid Vs Wolfgang Debates… make them work best TOGETHER in a game called Dont Starve TOGETHER.

They arent much at odds as before, since Wigfrid got her refresh which gave her a lot of buff related perks, like Warly with his food.

Before it was because both were basically just battle characters with Wig being able to provide some decent gear, but now, she can even buff herself and her allies.

Who knows what they might do with Wolfgang, but being able to carry heavier stuff easier would be a nice flavor perk to have.

19 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

Again, flavor perks, they arent meant to be impactful or that useful if at all, they are there just for flavor

Yeah but some flavour perks are actually useful one I can think off the top of my head is wurts ability to hold fish for longer which allows for long lasting thermal stone type fish to last in her inventory but something like is being mentioned here isn’t good and another thing flavor perks are meant to be unique being a downgraded Walter isn’t a good thing

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

Yeah but some flavour perks are actually useful one I can think off the top of my head is wurts ability to hold fish for longer which allows for long lasting thermal stone type fish to last in her inventory but something like is being mentioned here isn’t good and another thing flavor perks are meant to be unique being a downgraded Walter isn’t a good thing

How would Wolfgang even be a downgraded Walter when their powers are nothing alike? Wolfgang is heavily centered around tanking and hitting really hard, Walter is focused around range combat and has a mount, plus he is NOT meant for taking hits. 

Also, several character have similar flavor perks, such has faster cooking. 

3 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

How would Wolfgang even be a downgraded Walter when their powers are nothing alike

Talking about the flavor perk Walter can already move statues without any moving disability via woby so not only would Wolfgangs flavor perk be useless it would also be outclassed 

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

Talking about the flavor perk Walter can already move statues without any moving disability via woby so not only would Wolfgangs flavor perk be useless it would also be outclassed 

And?

Again, they arent the same character, their TRUE perks are completely different, flavor perks are usually really niche. 

Like i mentioned, Wolfgang hits REALLY hard and is one of the character that can reliably tank hits.

Walter is terrible at taking hits, and is centered around range combat, on top of having a mount to help with said combat style. 

Having similar flavor perks isnt a bad thing, and something that barely matters in the first place, want an example? Willow and Wurt have a similar flavor perk, holding an item to gain sanity (Bernie and Fishes). 

I also mentioned how some character cook faster than others. 

6 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

And?

This flavor perk is 

Not Unique

Not Adding to their over all kit

Is not particularly useful

doesn’t add anything to their personality lore other than Wolfgang is strong which his other perks already show

i don’t see a reason why this should be added but to be honest sadly it probably will

2 minutes ago, Dextops said:

Not Unique

Other flavor perks arent unique either.

Not Adding to their over all kit

Flavor perks arent meant to do that.

Is not particularly useful

Same has above. 

doesn’t add anything to their personality lore other than Wolfgang is strong which his other perks already show

Its still fitting to the character, hell even in the cinematic he is shown easily carrying a giant crop. 

3 minutes ago, Dextops said:

i don’t see a reason why this should be added but to be honest sadly it probably will

For fun. 

Also, just cause this gets added, doesnt mean it will be the whole thing, Wolfgang is likely to get a lot of changes, this would just be a small thing. 

15 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

Flavor perks arent meant to do that

A flavor perk is at its best when it adds to its overall kit and is useful or unique 

15 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

Other flavor perks arent unique either.

K? Because something is bad means everything else after it has to be bad?

16 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

Its still fitting to the character, hell even in the cinematic he is shown easily carrying a giant crop

It doesn’t fit with their big punch but massive wussy personality and doesn’t do anything to further this 

17 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

For fun. 

Don’t see how carrying statues faster is fun

A flavor perk is at its best when it adds to its overall kit and is useful or unique 

How is carrying statues faster not useful? 

K? Because something is bad means everything else after it has to be bad?

Having similar flavor perks is not a bad thing. 

It doesn’t fit with their big punch but massive wussy personality and doesn’t do anything to further this 

His freaking character portrait is him lifting circus barbell, and he is a Strongman, which are know for lifting heavy objects.

11 minutes ago, Dextops said:

Don’t see how carrying statues faster is fun

Dont see how carrying a fish is fun. (By fun i didnt exactly meant its a fun activity, but rather just for flavor)

How is carrying statues faster not useful? 

Outclassed and very niche

Having similar flavor perks is not a bad thing

This is personal preference but I want them to be more unique 

4 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

His freaking character portrait is him lifting circus barbell, and he is a Strongman, which are know for lifting heavy objects.

This still doesn’t further his ptsd if you did want a flavor perk I’d base it around sanity since it seems like his story is he had ptsd from war and became a circus performer (my own thoughts)

5 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

Dont see how carrying a fish is fun. (By fun i didnt exactly meant its a fun activity, but rather just for flavor)

Didn’t say it was fun I said it was useful

Outclassed and very niche

Doesnt matter

This still doesn’t further his ptsd if you did want a flavor perk I’d base it around sanity since it seems like his story is he had ptsd from war and became a circus performer (my own thoughts)

He can have more than one flavor perk you know? 

8 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

Doesnt matter

Then what does? For it to be a perk it doesn’t have to be useful it doesn’t have to be fun it doesn’t have to be unique it doesn’t have to further their personality so what does it need to do? Exist? It’s a waste of effort for a perk everyone is going to ignore 

9 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

He can have more than one flavor perk you know

Yeah but have too many and you’ll be labeled as a perk soup. Also even if he can have more than one I want the ones he has to actually be good 

45 minutes ago, Dextops said:

Then what does? For it to be a perk it doesn’t have to be useful it doesn’t have to be fun it doesn’t have to be unique it doesn’t have to further their personality so what does it need to do? Exist? It’s a waste of effort for a perk everyone is going to ignore 

Thats not what i said, a flavor perk can be very niche, thats the whole point, also him carrying heavy stuff is literally in his title.

45 minutes ago, Dextops said:

Yeah but have too many and you’ll be labeled as a perk soup. Also even if he can have more than one I want the ones he has to actually be good 

Again, NICHE.

I doesnt matter if YOU dont like it, people like having these kind of things, even if they are totally useless, the character call still work just fine with or without them, thats the whole point of the flavor perks, they are niche. 

Im done with this, the conversation is getting nowhere and i already said my opinion on the matter. 

doesnt matter if YOU dont like it, people like having these kind of things, even if they are totally useless, the character call still work just fine with or without them, thats the whole point of the flavor perks, they are niche. 

So since people have a differing opinion than mine mine doesn’t matter? Who cares if YOU like it there are people who dislike this suggestion because this perk adds nothing to him (not serious about your opinion being Invalid)

Thats not what i said, a flavor perk can be very niche, thats the whole point, also him carrying heavy stuff is literally in his title.

This didn’t answer any of my questions what does a perk need to be a perk because apparently a perk can be on only day 2 Wilson can walk 1% faster and it counts as a flavor perk

So since people have a differing opinion than mine mine doesn’t matter? Who cares if YOU like it there are people who dislike this suggestion because this perk adds nothing to him (not serious about your opinion being Invalid)

What i meant by that is that is that you downright dont want this just cause you dont like it. 

I dont really care if it gets added or not, but YOU?, you simply say "no" cause you dont like it.

Just cause i would like this thing to be added, doesnt mean it will, but im not making a rant about it being added or not, unlike you who is going way over the top to deny this addition despite being more than fitting to the character (yes it is fitting, and yes its part of the personality of the character who often boasts about his strength) 

I already explained the whole niche thing so i wont even bother again, its up to you to learn the difference between a main perk and a niche one. 

What truly matters to the characters are their main perks and disadvantages, in this case being the Mighty Form and Fear of Darkness and Monsters.

My opinion wont change. 

Archived