Terraria in DST?

So it seems most of you may have forgotten about what is possibly DST's biggest crossover in the franchises history. Now that it's basically confirmed that they're doing a crossover with Terraria, lets talk about it! What kind of skins are you guys hoping for? Personally I hope we get a night's edge skin for the dark sword

Well I don't think anything was truly "confirmed" especially with a full blown crossover. This thread is kinda just "What terraria skins would you like for the game" thing then. Anyways, the spectre paintbrush doesn't seem to be a really exciting item in terraria and just something builders seem to use. I'd hope for some more recognizable items from the series like some Cthulhu or lunar cultist themed stuff. I think that'd mesh well with the entire lunacy and "Them" type feel the Return of Them updates brought to the table.

6 minutes ago, Lovely Roses said:

Sorry if I'm kinda out of the loop, but when and where did klei confirm that they were doing a crossover with Terraria?  

6 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

I don't recall a crossover being confirmed, mind pointing to proof that there is a confirmed crossover?

Bah. Nothing is truly "confirmed" (hence the 'basically' I prefixed it with) but it can be inferred that some sort of crossover of content or skins is planned judging by the quickly removed leak & their vague message about doing "something theyve never done before" in october. All that has been officially leaked are the skins so thats what the focal point of the thread is about. Sorry for the confusion

Terraria added a ton of whips in 1.4... perhaps the cat o' nine tails will be getting a skin. I think pet skins are likely too

14 minutes ago, Wendy C. said:

"We're out of ideas so let us just directly rip off some other game and act like it's something you should be excited for". 

God I hate crossovers. 

Or just don't know the point of them.

I love crossovers, especially when my favorite franchises cross into each other!

I don’t play terraria, but I know with over 5000+ craftable items and 400+ enemy mobs there’s plenty in it that can properly transfer into DST if Klei wanted it to.

18 minutes ago, Wendy C. said:

"We're out of ideas so let us just directly rip off some other game and act like it's something you should be excited for". 

God I hate crossovers. 

It was established in the post right above you that this thread is for the funny terraria skin ideas for game! :ghost:

Anyways, imagine if we had a pickaxe skin with something completely ridiculous like how the Reaver Shark acts as a pickaxe in the game.
image.png.358fae4508352cf48e8f8e9bbd81da56.png

I think in general I would love to see really crazy skins to match the unusual array of weapons and tools Terraria offers and how Klei could get away with that.

There's a lot of really good potential new skins for the DST characters based off of Terraria NPC's. Someone already suggested Steampunker Wanda, but here's some more:
Guide Wilson, Tax Collector Maxwell, Merchant Warly, Princess Wendy, Arms Dealer Walter, Nurse Wortox, Cyborg WX, Mechanic Winona, Painter Wes, Dryad Wormwood, Demolitionist Willow... ok I can't think of more but there's way more options

Archived