Terraria in DST?

I think it’d be cool if the desert goggles got a skin to resemble the meteor helmet. I also hope wormwood gets a plantera skin, I mean it makes so much sense especially considering his bloom stage could be plantera’s phase 2. If we get any form of the spectre armor that will be the only thing I wear ever, I love the spectre armor.

16 hours ago, Wendy C. said:

"We're out of ideas so let us just directly rip off some other game and act like it's something you should be excited for". 

God I hate crossovers. 

It's not really ripping off other games since crossovers have the intention to see how characters and the world would interact with elements from another form of media, creating new scenarios and adventures. Though some crossovers fall into the problem of not making it's elements of both medias interact.

On 10/2/2021 at 6:11 AM, Dr. Safety said:

Traveling Merchant Top Hat skin:image.png.dc448c8a58275f6e5961f6de195c730c.png

Bee Hat BQ Crown:image.png.fda35ec293b54dfb6b0cfc987c55689e.png

Slap Hand Spear: image.png.4bfed498ce95a32c9be685ca37fd0dfc.png

To name a few...

it will be funnier if dst use the actual pixel form of the skin , it will be a special set like the invisible ones we got during wes rework

I learned something new today.. it appears that even after someone gets hit with JoeW’s mighty ban hammer, that the threads they created (unless locked) can continue to be commented on.

The fact that this thread hasn’t been locked yet really has piqued my curiosity, I mean- I remember a time where Klei was locking threads where people would ask for things like “Add Mario’s Hat to the game”

So for this one to still be up means there is at least some validity to the rumors of a DST/Terraria Cross-Over (or at the very least it’s something Klei is letting roll around in their community’s mind for whatever reason.)

I was personally hoping that today we would at least get Details on When Hallowed Nights would officially start- but if This years hallowed nights is supposed to involve some sort of Terraria Cross-Over event, and As Klei stated the thing they had planned to do for October wasn’t ready yet: Then it’s pretty safe for me to assume I’ll be waiting a few weeks later on this news.

Can someone who plays Terraria share some of that games 400+ mobs and pick the ones they think would fit the theme & atmosphere of DST please? Pretty please with Blueberry pancakes, whip cream, butter and maple syrup with perfectly sliced strawberry slices on top?

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I learned something new today.. it appears that even after someone gets hit with JoeW’s mighty ban hammer, that the threads they created (unless locked) can continue to be commented on.

The fact that this thread hasn’t been locked yet really has piqued my curiosity, I mean- I remember a time where Klei was locking threads where people would ask for things like “Add Mario’s Hat to the game”

So for this one to still be up means there is at least some validity to the rumors of a DST/Terraria Cross-Over (or at the very least it’s something Klei is letting roll around in their community’s mind for whatever reason.)

I was personally hoping that today we would at least get Details on When Hallowed Nights would officially start- but if This years hallowed nights is supposed to involve some sort of Terraria Cross-Over event, and As Klei stated the thing they had planned to do for October wasn’t ready yet: Then it’s pretty safe for me to assume I’ll be waiting a few weeks later on this news.

Can someone who plays Terraria share some of that games 400+ mobs and pick the ones they think would fit the theme & atmosphere of DST please? Pretty please with Blueberry pancakes, whip cream, butter and maple syrup with perfectly sliced strawberry slices on top?

Since hallowed nights is coming up it wouldn't be a surprise to see any enemies from the pumpkin moon (halloween themed terraria event) to be seen in dst. The image provided excludes the 2 boss enemies, but since theyre bosses they fit less than these 5.

image.thumb.png.0bfebe5d5098863fcbb80b0fb67ff365.png

Other than that though I dont really think many of terraria's enemies would fit in dst, mainly due to a lack of dst biomes that merge with terrarias enemies. Piranhas could be a cool addition to the waterlogged biome, but they'd probably just drop monster meat and be more of a nuisance than an actual cool addition

On 10/1/2021 at 5:35 PM, l0rdgumby said:

Anyways, imagine if we had a pickaxe skin with something completely ridiculous like how the Reaver Shark acts as a pickaxe in the game.
image.png.358fae4508352cf48e8f8e9bbd81da56.png

I feel like a reaver shark skin would fit better with the opulent pickaxe, but that's just me

Can we focus on THIS, and Have This spawn from totally normal trees? (maybe even instead of having the tree drop living logs when chopped down it drops these living creatures you need to kill to get the living logs.)

F9C02659-D38E-45F5-A3C4-5700862E3895.thumb.png.60b3a95a18c003aebdeb52fddd785ab4.png

And people said Terraria content wouldn’t fit the theme of Dont Starve.. pffftt.

Come on Klei make this happen.. Hallowed Nights has had no changes in content for the past few years, give it a little love.. Gingerpig, Gingerpig homes and Ginger Varg were awesome additions to WintersFeast… Show the same love to my favorite time of Year.

Just now, Hornete said:

They were banned earlier this week, so they cant exactly respond : p

For what? And makes sense considering their (from what I can tell) fake news, it really annoys me how people keep throwing this terraria thing around like its going to happen, it was a testing skin that got leaked and now everyone is like CROSSOVER HYPE, wasnt even meant to be seen plus they could add one terraria reference without it being a crossover

Don’t ask me why or even how, but I got a feeling that IF a cross-over is actually happening… we will find out about it soon.

The Xbox Events App just removed DSTs previous event- which obviously means… something else is about to replace it.

Bring on the Hallowed Nights!

Just now, TemporarySolutn said:

@TabbyCollector I still await your response

I'm actually curious to the answer as well, because I wasn't really following that whole (maybe) accidental skin reveal, but I highly doubt it's this "big" crossover thing, it's probably just a small thing that will be added onto an event/update soon that adds some new skins from Terraria. Definitely still excited to see though.

1 minute ago, Walk the Plank said:

I'm actually curious to the answer as well, because I wasn't really following that whole (maybe) accidental skin reveal, but I highly doubt it's this "big" crossover thing, it's probably just a small thing that will be added onto an event/update soon that adds some new skins from Terraria. Definitely still excited to see though.

I didnt even think they were gonna add that skin, the whole thing just completely spiraled out of control, but at the same time when the stuff was leaked from newhome they didnt wanna upset anyone and said it is never going to be added and wasnt supposed to be seen, in contrast to them seemingly being pretty hush hush about the paintbrush leak (if we can even confirm that the leak was real)

2 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

For what? And makes sense considering their (from what I can tell) fake news, it really annoys me how people keep throwing this terraria thing around like its going to happen, it was a testing skin that got leaked and now everyone is like CROSSOVER HYPE, wasnt even meant to be seen plus they could add one terraria reference without it being a crossover

They made this topic in which there were a lot of red flags that point out they were a troll:

image.png.39724b9241ec0b198816e4a475ce728c.png

image.thumb.png.c114950df2a2fcfdd753fc3792120124.png

The persons account my have been a troll account but the fact that this thread remains open for discussion means that Klei (for whatever reason..) wants their community to discuss a potential cross-over with Terraria I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about it at first: But after searching Google for more information about Terraria

(particularly the part of it having 5000+ craftables & 400+ Enemy mobs) I have to say that even “I” am hyped for a potential cross-over, Many many MANY of the odd, bizarre and just plain weird looking mobs in Terraria would perfectly fit into a limited time Hallowed Nights event (which I can toggle back on and leave on Forever.. muwhahaha!) 

I live for the month of spooky, this is my favorite time of year, my family used to go out of our way to decorate our yard up all nice and ghoulish for October.. I miss doing that- So the next best thing is being able to “Ghoul up” my favorite games.

Thats important to say: because holy Jinkies Batman… Terraria has plenty of “Ghouls” 

While nothing has been officially confirmed: there are some things that heavily point to it-

The skin leak, the points link titled “when worlds collide” & even the people at Terraria saying they’d like to do a cross-over with Dont Starve if they ever did another cross-over.

NOW if you go and actually look up what Terraria is.. (I’m one of the people who had hardly heard of it..) It seems this franchise has done Several cross-overs, like in other words: Cross-Overs seems to be that games “Thing”

So when you add all that up together- People start getting hyped.

Skin ideas:

• Mourning Wood skin for Arboretum Experiment and Splinterlings come off of it during Hallowed Nights (Like Mike said).
  • Maybe a Spooky wood skin for Log Suit?
  • Possessed Hatchet skin for Boomerang would be cool as well
  • Daybreak skin for Spear
  • Blizzard Staff skin for Ice Staff and Flamelash for Fire Staff
  • Dark Harvest skin for Alarming Clock (Because Halloween and it just looks really cool)
  • I could also see a Mimic skin for Chester (There's even a Shadow Mimic and an Ice Mimic, it's perfect)
  • Pwnhammer skin for Hammer
  • Pickaxe Axe for Pick/Axe (Since it's getting better now)
  • Hotline Fishing Hook for Fishing Rod?

Void Bag Krampus Sack pretty please! Wickerbottom even says the krampus sack is like a pocket dimension, pretty much exactly what the void bag is!

Edit: Hmm, no, wicker doesnt say that. I could have sworn someone called the Krampus Sack having a pocket dimension of sorts.. Perhaps I'm crazy : p

Archived