[Game Update] - Public Testing 480747

• Developer

Hi everyone,

Today’s patch for the Public Testing branch contains a new classic style Rime cluster. This cluster’s frozen starting world resembles the base game version except it adds the Radioactive biome into the mix.

Radiation is now visible in the world similar to how extremely hot and extremely cold areas are highlighted.

There are also new achievements, improvements to Radbolt automation, and a number of fixes. 

Full patch notes below. If you'd like to try the Public Testing branch you can follow the instructions listed here.

Have a good weekend!

Features 

• Simplified Chinese localization
  • Spaced Out! Only
    • Classic Rime Cluster
    • Added “storage full” automation output ports to buildings that store and consume Radbolts.
    • New achievements: First Teleport of Call, Soft Launch, GMO A-OK, Mine the Gap, and Cluster Conquest achievements.
    • Added Radbolt Sensor sound and its hammer strike sound
    • In-Game radiation effect
    • Radbolt Sensor animation polish

Fixes

• Fixed Flush Toilet descriptor appearing twice on building Database entries.
  • Performance: Reduce overall frame time by spreading out a few more systems
  • Potential fix for suits being delivered to the wrong locker.
  • Spaced Out! Only
    • Worldgen: Irregular Oil trait can spawn a bit closer to the start.
    • Worldgen: Fixed Trapped Oil world trait on classic style Large Forest Cluster.
    • Added copy settings to Radbolt Sensor.
    • Fixed Radbolt Sensor sometimes not registering Radbolts.
    • Include creature effects and per-use facilities like toilets and sanitizers in Database element usage.
    • Fixed Rover's status item tooltips displaying incorrect name.
    • Fixed Major/Minor Irritation tooltips on Shower.
    • Fixed a typo in the Supply Teleporter Output description 
    • Shortened Glow Stick description and took out 'alone' keyword in Loner description
    • Optimized some textures, fixing an atlas overflow error when clicking on a Teleporter for the first time.
    • Fixed crash composting certain mutant seeds.

View full update

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Big Ups 2

Ah, Rime, finally! Thank you. I assume you're not quite done tweaking yet? My asteroid came with both Tungsten and Niobium geysers :) Also, the oil biome is the hot one, not the frozen one. Not sure if that is intended. No matter, off to play!

edit: I got the "Trapped oil" trait, which is hot. it seems the default oil biome is indeed frozen.

Edited by defster
  • Like 2

• Developer
5 minutes ago, defster said:

Ah, Rime, finally! Thank you. I assume you're not quite done tweaking yet? My asteroid came with both Tungsten and Niobium geysers :) Also, the oil biome is the hot one, not the frozen one. Not sure if that is intended. No matter, off to play!

Geysers will fixed in the next update. You might be playing with Irregular Oil or Trapped Oil world traits as they would replace the frozen oil biome.

• Thanks 1
  • Potato Cup 1

So much randomness now... All below images came from one seed

Spoiler

A gorgeous double waterfall in forest. Colony flooded in 3...2...1...
forest.thumb.PNG.552c41b35a54608346cd8ab2266db967.PNG

Anyone want a Dupe-fry? Just out of the.. teleporter
1843711681_dupefry.thumb.PNG.9c1e25b84f7ccf32a213ec921e104384.PNG

This seed also has some hot-cold and a frozen sandwich :lol:
58174126_hotcold.thumb.PNG.20631783e5fe61fc9a2e1de6318a4a2a.PNG 254694203_frozensandwich.thumb.PNG.9521a613d8095fe7fb39a35c89cf4c7d.PNG

Seed: V-FRST-C-1992057999-0

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, EricKlei said:

Added “storage full” automation output ports to buildings that store and consume Radbolts.

Thanks! It a really nice feeling to know that our feedback is being considered and included to the game. And the automation is so good :)

On the topic of the logic ports - they seem to be located in random places, have you considered placing them on the same tile as rabolt port? It would simplify many designs as most probably the logic wire will conect to the radbolt redirector and those are on the same X or Y axis as the radbolt port, so the logic coonection would be nice straitght line

• Like 3
  • Sanity 2

I'm a little confused as to what "Alternate pod location" means for irradiated forest... Was there supposed to be a printing pod to any other than the starting planetoid? It's not even referring to the teleporter

Spoiler

confused.PNG.34f60dd0cc9a8bf6b9da20f07501fb52.PNG

Also this below seems a bit odd...

Spoiler

3-in-1 artifacts ?! I usually saw office mugs spawning but I've never seen 1 office mug and 2 honey jars

1816240770_whathappenedhere.thumb.PNG.5ed0c8b1f6e1cd1f0f84bca673757685.PNG

1 hour ago, EricKlei said:

Performance: Reduce overall frame time by spreading out a few more systems

Very curious about this one. I got kinda frustrated after my last base performance went to s*** and haven't played the game in the last two updates. Anyone seen any improvement in their bases?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KnoBuddy said:

Very curious about this one. I got kinda frustrated after my last base performance went to s*** and haven't played the game in the last two updates. Anyone seen any improvement in their bases?

it in test branch soo have noo idea. but we can see that in our benchmark test after release. if timings go better :mrgreen:

Edited by gabberworld
  • GL Happy 1

could you guys fix the abyssalite shell around the volcanoes getting overwritten by the granite layer around the starting area?  V-SNDST-C-1894690671-0

that is unless this is intended of course.  then rushing for insulated tiles might be needed

image.thumb.png.b6303c830205741a809e7d7a34b021a9.png

1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

Why not?!

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

What makes you thing that? We already have a vanilla-volcano asteroid for really heavy gameplay. A smaöö rime asteroid will be even easier than that.

They could and might. Personally I would like if they did a set of new ones for spaced out that were more space focused and leave the classic variants to classic mode. It also seems kind of redundant to redo all the previous world types into both classic and spaced out as well. Either way is fine but after having already played all the original world types before the dlc I want new world types to mess around with. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, gabberworld said:

it in test branch soo have noo idea. but we can see that in our benchmark test after release. if timings go better :mrgreen:

It's been a while since i checked back here with my usual rants about performance :D

I hope eventually there will be more optimization done. Cause at this point i just gave up.

Still playing on the Rollback beta (the one one update before BOFA) for as long as it will be available (i hope it won't get pulled anytime soon)

I wonder what will happen faster me getting a new PC or post BOFA versions getting optimized to perform like update before the merge.

Edited by ALCRD

2 hours ago, ALCRD said:

It's been a while since i checked back here with my usual rants about performance :D

I hope eventually there will be more optimization done. Cause at this point i just gave up.

Still playing on the Rollback beta (the one one update before BOFA) for as long as it will be available (i hope it won't get pulled anytime soon)

I wonder what will happen faster me getting a new PC or post BOFA versions getting optimized to perform like update before the merge.

i think true optimization comes at that point when they change animation format, one probaply is for remove unnecessary coordinate numbers.

i also think ed that they need use compression for them but i not sure if that give actually any effect .

like our benchmark show, memory matters allot, soo make them smaller should defiantly help

3 hours ago, ALCRD said:

According to news, STEAM will do an update soon, that prevents us to use older versions at all. So... i would not keep my hopes up on this.

7 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

According to news, STEAM will do an update soon, that prevents us to use older versions at all. So... i would not keep my hopes up on this.

you know you can hold game in separate folder what prevents update

i to still have version 420700 and some more

Edited by gabberworld

2 hours ago, gabberworld said:

i think true optimization comes at that point when they change animation format, one probaply is for remove unnecessary coordinate numbers.

i also think ed that they need use compression for them but i not sure if that give actually any effect .

like our benchmark show, memory matters allot, soo make them smaller should defiantly help

I'm still curious what actually changed between Merge and Pre Merge that impacted performance so heavily when it was pretty good before.

It can't be just the animations. And even when game is paused performance is bad.

Edited by ALCRD

2 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

I'm still curious what actually changed between Merge and Pre Merge that impacted performance so heavily.

It can't be just the animations.

what happened was that they changed unity engine

Edited by gabberworld

2 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

What news? And i am talking about Official version before the Merge that Klei added in the Beta tab.

This one:

behta.jpg

Steam won't and most likely never will touch versions that developers themselves put in the Beta tab.

It's up to Klei to manage those for their own game.

5 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

what happened was that they changed unity

Another example of new =/= better it seems.

Edited by ALCRD