Character Design Thread, Meet Winne the Dweller!

I've thought of this character design, which is yet ANOTHER spider, meet Winne (pronounced like Win), the dweller, or a better Webber I should say

here is her design

winne_the_dweller__fan_made_character__by_shadowqueen2116_derxzgl.thumb.png.beb1fefcd7cf416b8290e6c28350925d.png 

here are the stats

200 Hunger

150 Sanity

175 Health

About Winne:

Winne is a young female Dweller that has a similar backstory as Webber, except...
One day, at Middle School, a girl strolled to her locker, crossing her crush's path (his name is Garrett), who was holding a suspicious container (like the one in Webber's short) covered with a purple cloth. Garrett hadn't realized that there was water spilled, and it was all over the wooden floors. Garrett ends up slipping and falling, as his science project has slipped out of his hand. It crashed on the floor, and a female dangling depths dweller stares at the girl as it creeps out. The suspicious dweller eats the girl, ripping her human body to shreds. Soon, she wakes up, feeling as if she wasn't in her body, and had woke up from a dangerous dweller eating her.

-Winne feels at home in the caves

-Loves eating meat (Extra hunger, sanity)

-Has a lunge attack that bites her target for 68 damage (cooldown of 45 hits, but is free to use when you spawn)

-Can make a cozy home in Dweller dens (yes, base potential)

-Favorite Food: Any kind of seafood

-Friends with spiders

-Dweller queens exist now

-Can befriend spiders immediately with her special item, the Dweller's Screech, which has a button in the bottom right corner, pc players, click on it, console players can activate it if they aren't targeting something (Grass, mobs, twigs, etc.) with A

-Friends with small mobs in the caves (Slurpers, Batilisks, etc. but can't be befriended) 

-Is a monster, is hated by most neutral creatures with attacks

-Doesn't enjoy daytime, loses sanity during those times

-Has a weaker damage multiplier, like Wendy's and Wes'

-Annnnndddd (this isn't too much of a downside) she can only sleep during the day and not dusk or night

-Has a small sanity gain in the caves and at dusk/night

And that's all, if she were a DLC character, would you buy her? I won't design skins now, but you can feel free to post some if you want, if she had a balanced perk, what would it be?

Also feel free to post your character designs if you have any, ty <3

Edited by ShadowQueen
people want DOWNSIDES!
  • Like 1

I think you should try to differentiate her from webber a bit more. Maybe try to explore her biological abilities a bit more than making her another companion oriented character? I'd be more inclined to buy her if that was the case.

Maybe remove the cooldown completely so she can close the gap between herself and the opponent quickly after dodging a hit. Especially since I don't think people will spam it as will have a lower dps than normally attacking (if a similar animation as the current lunge for mobs).

Maybe given her circumstances she gives up on trust and becomes reclusive? At the cost of giving up companions she trains her body and hones her senses. This can open her to a lot of possibilities, such as silk weaving. Perhaps new crafts involving silk and (hounds) teeth for new traps. Then she could lose teeth when hit and regenerate more passively. Perhaps killing foes leaves behind a carcass she drain the blood out of to heal herself. 

• Like 3

well i guess this realy is something i would call "pay to upgrate" i mean whats the point of webber if your character is literal an upgrate and have 100+ perks but dont have any downsides at all? no this realy does sound like the typecal OP steam workshop character thing right there but i guess at somepoint webber would get a depth dweller skin at some point

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Snugrugbug said:

ah yes white webber

ummmm, basically a webber but a dweller version, dwellers can't be compared to regular spiders

37 minutes ago, kuroite said:

She already as good stats so i just feel like the bonus from meat is unnecessary/overkill.

How is it unnecessary if it's going to be small

Sounds like Webber but with extra steps.

This character simply isn't unique enough to be a DLC character.

Wurt allows you to control Merms and the only one that allows other survivors to actually take advantage of them.

Wortox offers a unique gameplay revolving around souls and solitude, everything hates him.

Wormwood is a plant that requires you to change your healing playstyle, can't rely on healing food items with the exception of Grim Galette and Jellybeans, and comes with numerous unique mechanics.

Wanda is very different from all other survivors with her age limit rather than normal health, and equipped with a wide array of clock tools. Not to mention each of her age form have distinct advantages/ disadvantages that it's up to you to use effectively.

At best this Winny would be a free character, too many of her perks are identical to Webber, and a few that's different really don't matter at all.

• Like 1

Instead of being webber but suited to caves, having the character be more focused on the monster side would be much more interesting. A potential idea for the character could be to be a hybrid/mutant of all the spiders, and as such none of the spiders would be tamable by her. This then opens up the ability to focus on the traits each of the spiders has, like a lunge, heal, etc. She might even have the ability to walk on water, if only for a brief amount of time, which would please the people who want wurt to be able to swim.

As it stands this is pretty much what I'd expect from any spider based mob character. Her backstory is also pretty much the same as Webber's except her crush (who I assume is a child since it seems like the event takes place in a school) has the spider instead of Wagstaff. It's too similar imo. I will say though, the art isn't half bad.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Snowfallen? 580c1dbe4e7ac_arielcloseupintensifies.png.634d98285db06467db7efa447adb81eb.png

Its white yes but different shade (Snowfallen is bit more blue-ish white)  and its not the Depth Dweller by design. Look at the shape and details on the head and eyes and compare.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

I've thought of this character design, which is yet ANOTHER spider, meet Winne (pronounced like Win), the dweller, or a better Webber I should say

here is her design

winne_the_dweller__fan_made_character__by_shadowqueen2116_derxzgl.thumb.png.beb1fefcd7cf416b8290e6c28350925d.png 

here are the stats

200 Hunger

150 Sanity

175 Health

About Winne:

Winne is a young female Dweller that has a similar backstory as Webber, except...
One day, at Middle School, a girl strolled to her locker, crossing her crush's path (his name is Garrett), who was holding a suspicious container (like the one in Webber's short) covered with a purple cloth. Garrett hadn't realized that there was water spilled, and it was all over the wooden floors. Garrett ends up slipping and falling, as his science project has slipped out of his hand. It crashed on the floor, and a female dangling depths dweller stares at the girl as it creeps out. The suspicious dweller eats the girl, ripping her human body to shreds. Soon, she wakes up, feeling as if she wasn't in her body, and had woke up from a dangerous dweller eating her.

-Winne feels at home in the caves

-Loves eating meat (Extra hunger, sanity)

-Has a lunge attack that bites her target for 68 damage (cooldown of 45 hits, but is free to use when you spawn)

-Can make a cozy home in Dweller dens (yes, base potential)

-Favorite Food: Any kind of seafood

-Friends with spiders

-Dweller queens exist now

-Can befriend spiders immediately with her special item, the Dweller's Screech, which has a button in the bottom right corner, pc players, click on it, console players can activate it if they aren't targeting something (Grass, mobs, twigs, etc.) with A

-Friends with small mobs in the caves (Slurpers, Batilisks, etc. but can't be befriended) 

-Is a monster, is hated by most neutral creatures with attacks

-Doesn't enjoy daytime, loses sanity during those times

-Has a weaker damage multiplier, like Wendy's and Wes'

-Annnnndddd (this isn't too much of a downside) she can only sleep during the day and not dusk or night

-Has a small sanity gain in the caves and at dusk/night

And that's all, if she were a DLC character, would you buy her? I won't design skins now, but you can feel free to post some if you want, if she had a balanced perk, what would it be?

Also feel free to post your character designs if you have any, ty <3

Assuming this character isn't just pasting all of webbers perks this character is just a weaker version of Webber with a lunge attack so i don't understand why it'd be dlc.