is this a bug?

I had a friend comment about this last time we were playing, and just had it happen to me now.  When I use a cave exit I am placed at the surface spawn portal instead of a cave entrance.

I am running mods - api gem core, global pause, and wormhole marks, idk that any of these should effect worldgen / cave entrance / exists.

Anyone else have this happen?  Is this just a thing I don't know about?

32 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Is that new? I thought it would exit you to the sink hole and open it.

I just checked in a new world and yes, when you exit a cave it opens the sink hole on the surface. So it's because the cave has an extra exit with no entrance connected to it.

But it's not new.

20 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Your cave exit doesn't have a cave entrance on the surface so it just spits you out the portal.

It's cause your world has an extra exit to it.

This is the correct answer. I have a similar world and does the same thing.

2 hours ago, I Heart Popcorn said:

This sometimes happens when you have correct number of entrances on the surface but the association between the exit and the entrance becomes unlinked. If i you restart your game it should resolve. If not, there are console commands you can use to manually fix.  

Not that I can't look up how to do this, but do you know?  Can you share?

What would it look like if I had an unlinked sinkhole on the surface?  Would I appear at the gate in the caves?

25 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

What would it look like if I had an unlinked sinkhole on the surface?  Would I appear at the gate in the caves?

Yes.

26 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Can you share?

There is a tricky command for it, but I have completely forgotten how to do it.

1 minute ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

There is a tricky command for it, but I have completely forgotten how to do it.

thx, I imagine its at least as tricky as doing wormholes, probably more so since its going between shards.  I'll just look it up ^_^  If I find a disconnected surface sinkhole I'll connect them, otherwise it will just be a quirk of this server I guess lol  Sad b/c this would have been the best sinkhold to enter the caves in being right next to blue shrooms and ruins XD  I guess that's how luck works though lol

Archived