JohnFrancis

Benchmark Testing of Spaced out

Recommended Posts

theLadder    0

I'm looking to upgrade my PC, got a 4670k now and while i could live with the 150 seconds i get on this benchmark, i can't live with only getting 9-10 FPS.

I get that this benchmark is not about FPS, but since both a low end 12100f ddr4 and a high-end 12700kf ddr5 can basically max out this benchmark, it would be interesting to hear if there is any difference in FPS? Are you able to stay above 60fps on this benchmark? Basically, is there any advantage of buying a high-end system vs low-end system for this benchmark?

To show a FPS counter, open steam -> settings -> in-game, and enable "steam overlay while in-game" and enable the "in-game FPS counter".
More info: https://www.howtogeek.com/706145/how-to-display-steams-built-in-fps-counter-in-pc-games/

@tenbata and @Gogofo would you like to post your FPS results? And of course results from everybody else would also be interesting!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    408
15 hours ago, theLadder said:

I'm looking to upgrade my PC, got a 4670k now and while i could live with the 150 seconds i get on this benchmark, i can't live with only getting 9-10 FPS.

I get that this benchmark is not about FPS, but since both a low end 12100f ddr4 and a high-end 12700kf ddr5 can basically max out this benchmark, it would be interesting to hear if there is any difference in FPS? Are you able to stay above 60fps on this benchmark? Basically, is there any advantage of buying a high-end system vs low-end system for this benchmark?

To show a FPS counter, open steam -> settings -> in-game, and enable "steam overlay while in-game" and enable the "in-game FPS counter".
More info: https://www.howtogeek.com/706145/how-to-display-steams-built-in-fps-counter-in-pc-games/

@tenbata and @Gogofo would you like to post your FPS results? And of course results from everybody else would also be interesting!

 

im not sure that it shows correct fps because msi afterburner shows somewhere 20 fps in this test with 12900k but in my very old pc it have same fps

difference is game speed tho because latest cpu does run game faster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sheaker    139

I had an opportunity to check some influence of RAM memory on game speed.
I have Intel Core i7-9700K
GTX 1660 SUPER OC 6GB
Windows SSD: GOODRAM C40
Steam Game Folder SSD (M2): Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
RAM:
Option 1. 2x8GB, HyperX 2666MHz CL13 Predator:
obraz.png.af7faaa0d2c4c9c8fa916c1275576e73.png

 

Option 2: 2x8GB, Kingston Fury 3600MHz CL16 Renegade:
obraz.png.1e437c55ea91ca9d025af5c27f4ca743.png

 

Option 3: 4x8GB, Kingston Fury 3600MHz CL16 Renegade:
obraz.png.47498e2c3f8af91eaeea215741c5ab2a.png

  • Sanity 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    408

i want point out that you to need at least 9-10 Gib free memory at pc before you start this test, other way you may not get best results

 

Edited by gabberworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
arvenil    72
2 hours ago, gabberworld said:

i want point out that you to need at least 9-10 Gib free memory at pc before you start this test, other way you may not get best results

 

You think with 32 gb of memory he didn't had 9-10 free? :)

Can someone explain what the "uncore frequency" is? Values look odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sheaker    139
31 minutes ago, arvenil said:

You think with 32 gb of memory he didn't had 9-10 free?

I guess he meant ssd free space. For sure I had it.

 

32 minutes ago, arvenil said:

Can someone explain what the "uncore frequency" is? Values look odd.

I didn't found reasonable explanation. And I'd recommend not to look at it. I marked important fields. It is RAM type and size, Channel #, DRAM Frequency which is half of RAM actual frequency, and finally CL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tenbata    5
On 2/1/2022 at 7:23 PM, theLadder said:

I'm looking to upgrade my PC, got a 4670k now and while i could live with the 150 seconds i get on this benchmark, i can't live with only getting 9-10 FPS.

I get that this benchmark is not about FPS, but since both a low end 12100f ddr4 and a high-end 12700kf ddr5 can basically max out this benchmark, it would be interesting to hear if there is any difference in FPS? Are you able to stay above 60fps on this benchmark? Basically, is there any advantage of buying a high-end system vs low-end system for this benchmark?

To show a FPS counter, open steam -> settings -> in-game, and enable "steam overlay while in-game" and enable the "in-game FPS counter".
More info: https://www.howtogeek.com/706145/how-to-display-steams-built-in-fps-counter-in-pc-games/

@tenbata and @Gogofo would you like to post your FPS results? And of course results from everybody else would also be interesting!

 

about 15-20 FPS on my i3-12100F PC, (and 7-8 FPS on my old i5-3470 PC).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theLadder    0
31 minutes ago, tenbata said:

about 15-20 FPS on my i3-12100F PC, (and 7-8 FPS on my old i5-3470 PC).

Thanks for posting your result! Not 60 FPS, but still double of what i'm getting! But then this benchmark base is super demanding, i bet you will have 60+ FPS for most of the game and on more normal not-so-overkill bases. :)

Hopefully someone with a 12600k or better and DDR5 will post their result so we can compare!

@gabberworld Do you have DDR5?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    408
8 hours ago, theLadder said:

Thanks for posting your result! Not 60 FPS, but still double of what i'm getting! But then this benchmark base is super demanding, i bet you will have 60+ FPS for most of the game and on more normal not-so-overkill bases. :)

Hopefully someone with a 12600k or better and DDR5 will post their result so we can compare!

@gabberworld Do you have DDR5?

yeah DDR5 but kind off cheap one, i would not sped over 1000 for ****** memory

i to get little over 20 fps in play mode what not make sense at all

no 60 fps and i have no idea because game goes close to max speed for this test, but game self does have also issue, it does freeze what decreases the result, in pause mode i managed get 70 fps

and yeah cpu not even close for max out, it have room for go even higher results

Edited by gabberworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    408

there is one interesting thing about 12 series intel, they increase single threat allot compared other years, usually they increased but very small  amount 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    408
5 hours ago, serraxer said:

Time: 2:30 (150s)
CPU: Intel i5 10400F
GPU: 1080ti (Gigabyte)
RAM: 4x8GB (DDR4 2400) 

CAS: 
SSD: Kingston KC2500 2TB 

 

 

you could probably increase speed by upgrade to the faster memory but this is 10 series cpu soo not know if there point for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    408

i still cant get good results with my i9-12900k because there is somesort bug in game what freeze the game

i to see however at that time when this happens then game main threat cpu jumps to max

Edited by gabberworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    408

i not sure how correct it is but JetBrains dotTrace debugger shows that huge freeze comes from SimDLL.dll  at functions GetElementIndex and from ConduitTemperatureManager::Update 

thats where it reported that app freeze

i docent necessary mean that issue is inside those but whatever calls that in main Thread  may cause this freeze

 

Edited by gabberworld
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    408

if you go for to the ddr5 then probably you should avoid  the Crucial memorys , it can be that some motherboards may not handle them very well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    408

ok soo i thinked i post finaly my results from the one off my old pc

Time: 405 sec
CPU: Intel E8400
GPU: 1050ti (MSI)
RAM: 4x4GB (DDR3 1333)

PC: HP Compaq 8000 Elite Small Form Factor PC

i to made this test also with 4 gib memory and failed. game just cant run if you not have en-oh memory

Edited by gabberworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    408

i todo video card test at i9-12900k

and there is no difference if you use the 1050ti or 3070ti for ONI

i todo test also for tomb raider.and difference is at-least 160 fps with same settings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cpy    719

You should always have FPS limiter enabled, some high power GPUs when running insanely high FPS can burnout :D Because the wisest engineers in nvidia just don't protect some circuits because they don't expect anyone to have 10k FPS+ in anything. Yet here we are.

Also ONI needs more FPS :(

Anyone posting results with that FPS boosting mod for ONI?

Edited by cpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    408
5 hours ago, cpy said:

You should always have FPS limiter enabled, some high power GPUs when running insanely high FPS can burnout :D Because the wisest engineers in nvidia just don't protect some circuits because they don't expect anyone to have 10k FPS+ in anything. Yet here we are.

Also ONI needs more FPS :(

Anyone posting results with that FPS boosting mod for ONI?

there no difference by time, it still jump between 103 sec because off that game freeze bug

does that FPS boosting mod increases FPS, yes for this test it give for me extra 20-25 fps, and in pause mode its jumps even over 100 fps

there is also that i have over 3000 fps in main menu when you start game. but after you go back from game to main menu, there is only 1400 fps. so yeah this game still needs allot work

if you want more fps info then 1009 dupes gives me 5 fps without mod and with mod it gives me somewhere 8 fps but i think its because i run out off memory by default

this test is done by 4800 MHz memory setup

 

Edited by gabberworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    408
21 hours ago, cpy said:

You should always have FPS limiter enabled, some high power GPUs when running insanely high FPS can burnout :D Because the wisest engineers in nvidia just don't protect some circuits because they don't expect anyone to have 10k FPS+ in anything. Yet here we are.

Also ONI needs more FPS :(

Anyone posting results with that FPS boosting mod for ONI?

i todo now second test by using 6600mhz ram, with that mod i get now 60 fps, without mod i get 30fps

so memory speed matters, its 20fps difference between 4800 vs 6600 mhz with that mod

4800 test was without mod the 20fps and with mod 40fps

numbers are + - 5

i don't have ddr4 and not plan buy either so i not know difference at there.

in ddr3 machine what i used before the gaming, that mod not give any difference at fps in this test

Edited by gabberworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    408

i finally managed hit the 100.7 sec with the 12900k

i to used for that @Peter Han mod,  also 4 dimm memory what i not like by default at all

advantage about 4dimm ddr5 memory is that it does have 4x32 bit lanes, disadvantage is that maximum memory speed drops

Edited by gabberworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now