Benchmark Testing of Spaced out

I'm looking to upgrade my PC, got a 4670k now and while i could live with the 150 seconds i get on this benchmark, i can't live with only getting 9-10 FPS.

I get that this benchmark is not about FPS, but since both a low end 12100f ddr4 and a high-end 12700kf ddr5 can basically max out this benchmark, it would be interesting to hear if there is any difference in FPS? Are you able to stay above 60fps on this benchmark? Basically, is there any advantage of buying a high-end system vs low-end system for this benchmark?

To show a FPS counter, open steam -> settings -> in-game, and enable "steam overlay while in-game" and enable the "in-game FPS counter".
More info: https://www.howtogeek.com/706145/how-to-display-steams-built-in-fps-counter-in-pc-games/

@tenbata and @Gogofo would you like to post your FPS results? And of course results from everybody else would also be interesting!

15 hours ago, theLadder said:

I'm looking to upgrade my PC, got a 4670k now and while i could live with the 150 seconds i get on this benchmark, i can't live with only getting 9-10 FPS.

I get that this benchmark is not about FPS, but since both a low end 12100f ddr4 and a high-end 12700kf ddr5 can basically max out this benchmark, it would be interesting to hear if there is any difference in FPS? Are you able to stay above 60fps on this benchmark? Basically, is there any advantage of buying a high-end system vs low-end system for this benchmark?

To show a FPS counter, open steam -> settings -> in-game, and enable "steam overlay while in-game" and enable the "in-game FPS counter".
More info: https://www.howtogeek.com/706145/how-to-display-steams-built-in-fps-counter-in-pc-games/

@tenbata and @Gogofo would you like to post your FPS results? And of course results from everybody else would also be interesting!

im not sure that it shows correct fps because msi afterburner shows somewhere 20 fps in this test with 12900k but in my very old pc it have same fps

difference is game speed tho because latest cpu does run game faster

I had an opportunity to check some influence of RAM memory on game speed.
I have Intel Core i7-9700K
GTX 1660 SUPER OC 6GB
Windows SSD: GOODRAM C40
Steam Game Folder SSD (M2): Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
RAM:
Option 1. 2x8GB, HyperX 2666MHz CL13 Predator:
obraz.png.af7faaa0d2c4c9c8fa916c1275576e73.png

Option 2: 2x8GB, Kingston Fury 3600MHz CL16 Renegade:
obraz.png.1e437c55ea91ca9d025af5c27f4ca743.png

Option 3: 4x8GB, Kingston Fury 3600MHz CL16 Renegade:
obraz.png.47498e2c3f8af91eaeea215741c5ab2a.png

2 hours ago, gabberworld said:

i want point out that you to need at least 9-10 Gib free memory at pc before you start this test, other way you may not get best results

You think with 32 gb of memory he didn't had 9-10 free? :)

Can someone explain what the "uncore frequency" is? Values look odd.

31 minutes ago, arvenil said:

You think with 32 gb of memory he didn't had 9-10 free?

I guess he meant ssd free space. For sure I had it.

32 minutes ago, arvenil said:

Can someone explain what the "uncore frequency" is? Values look odd.

I didn't found reasonable explanation. And I'd recommend not to look at it. I marked important fields. It is RAM type and size, Channel #, DRAM Frequency which is half of RAM actual frequency, and finally CL.

On 2/1/2022 at 7:23 PM, theLadder said:

about 15-20 FPS on my i3-12100F PC, (and 7-8 FPS on my old i5-3470 PC).

31 minutes ago, tenbata said:

about 15-20 FPS on my i3-12100F PC, (and 7-8 FPS on my old i5-3470 PC).

Thanks for posting your result! Not 60 FPS, but still double of what i'm getting! But then this benchmark base is super demanding, i bet you will have 60+ FPS for most of the game and on more normal not-so-overkill bases. :)

Hopefully someone with a 12600k or better and DDR5 will post their result so we can compare!

@gabberworld Do you have DDR5?

8 hours ago, theLadder said:

Thanks for posting your result! Not 60 FPS, but still double of what i'm getting! But then this benchmark base is super demanding, i bet you will have 60+ FPS for most of the game and on more normal not-so-overkill bases. :)

Hopefully someone with a 12600k or better and DDR5 will post their result so we can compare!

@gabberworld Do you have DDR5?

yeah DDR5 but kind off cheap one, i would not sped over 1000 for ****** memory

i to get little over 20 fps in play mode what not make sense at all

no 60 fps and i have no idea because game goes close to max speed for this test, but game self does have also issue, it does freeze what decreases the result, in pause mode i managed get 70 fps

and yeah cpu not even close for max out, it have room for go even higher results

i not sure how correct it is but JetBrains dotTrace debugger shows that huge freeze comes from SimDLL.dll  at functions GetElementIndex and from ConduitTemperatureManager::Update 

thats where it reported that app freeze

i docent necessary mean that issue is inside those but whatever calls that in main Thread  may cause this freeze

ok soo i thinked i post finaly my results from the one off my old pc

Time: 405 sec
CPU: Intel E8400
GPU: 1050ti (MSI)
RAM: 4x4GB (DDR3 1333)

PC: HP Compaq 8000 Elite Small Form Factor PC

i to made this test also with 4 gib memory and failed. game just cant run if you not have en-oh memory

You should always have FPS limiter enabled, some high power GPUs when running insanely high FPS can burnout :D Because the wisest engineers in nvidia just don't protect some circuits because they don't expect anyone to have 10k FPS+ in anything. Yet here we are.

Also ONI needs more FPS :(

Anyone posting results with that FPS boosting mod for ONI?

5 hours ago, cpy said:

You should always have FPS limiter enabled, some high power GPUs when running insanely high FPS can burnout :D Because the wisest engineers in nvidia just don't protect some circuits because they don't expect anyone to have 10k FPS+ in anything. Yet here we are.

there no difference by time, it still jump between 103 sec because off that game freeze bug

does that FPS boosting mod increases FPS, yes for this test it give for me extra 20-25 fps, and in pause mode its jumps even over 100 fps

there is also that i have over 3000 fps in main menu when you start game. but after you go back from game to main menu, there is only 1400 fps. so yeah this game still needs allot work

if you want more fps info then 1009 dupes gives me 5 fps without mod and with mod it gives me somewhere 8 fps but i think its because i run out off memory by default

this test is done by 4800 MHz memory setup

21 hours ago, cpy said:

i todo now second test by using 6600mhz ram, with that mod i get now 60 fps, without mod i get 30fps

so memory speed matters, its 20fps difference between 4800 vs 6600 mhz with that mod

4800 test was without mod the 20fps and with mod 40fps

numbers are + - 5

i don't have ddr4 and not plan buy either so i not know difference at there.

in ddr3 machine what i used before the gaming, that mod not give any difference at fps in this test

Archived