Benchmark Testing of Spaced out

How can one get less than 100 seconds in a simulation of 300 seconds that has been sped up x3 ?

On 9/27/2021 at 6:05 PM, melquiades said:

Time: 1:53.1 & 1:49.66 .

1:49:39 same pc, but with the game build U41-498381-SD.

WITH THE FAST TRACK MOD:

1:42:92

But it runs so much smoother is insane.

You cant get less than 100 at this test but we could make it New one what have more items if hardware hits the test limits already.

When game does hit 100 sec in this test it means that game code run prefectly for cpu. But as it still freezing and devs not care damn about fix this. We may wait year 2030 when cpus is even more powerfull.

2 hours ago, cpy said:

Constant 30 fps no matter what is better than 120 fps with constant few second freeze.

Indeed... But i don't think a PC running a stuttering game, would be producing better frame rates than a fluid one. I was thinking that, when you reach the cap of the simulation (or very close to it because that stutter that happens at the same time, maybe because a garbage collection operation in the game idk), FPS can be another parameter to compare builds, to try to figure out what is the most important part to make your game run faster.

This game uses primitive old unity engine with ancient garbage collection from what i've read so i don't have high hopes for this stupid lag to be fixed in this game. ONI2 on newer engine? Perhaps.

1 hour ago, cpy said:

This game uses primitive old unity engine with ancient garbage collection from what i've read so i don't have high hopes for this stupid lag to be fixed in this game. ONI2 on newer engine? Perhaps.

they not use old engine. that version what they use are still updating . garbage collector is C# feature , that we need blame the "Anders Hejlsberg"

On 5/20/2022 at 5:00 PM, cpy said:

Constant 30 fps no matter what is better than 120 fps with constant few second freeze.

Eh when i pan the camera while game runs in 30 fps it gives me eye strain. 30 fps doesn't "feel" right on my monitor.

On 6/9/2022 at 4:32 PM, ALCRD said:

Eh when i pan the camera while game runs in 30 fps it gives me eye strain. 30 fps doesn't "feel" right on my monitor.

i don't see difference at 30 fps or 200 fps in this game, to you still play at CRT monitor?

below 30 i start see only that animation starts slow down, it not anymore that smooth.

16 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

i don't see difference at 30 fps or 200 fps in this game, to you still play at CRT monitor?

below 30 i start see only that animation starts slow down, it not anymore that smooth.

Bruh... I am talking about camera movement not the animations.

LCD monitor any movement like this below 60 fps is uncomfortable and not smooth.

2 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Bruh... I am talking about camera movement not the animations.

LCD monitor anything below 60 fps is uncomfortable and not smooth.

they camera movement is ****** up anyway and its not stable, higher the fps faster it moves what is total wrong way todo 

Just now, gabberworld said:

they camera movement is ****** up anyway and its not stable, higher the fps faster it moves what is total wrong way todo 

What are you even on about now?

Camera doesn't move faster when fps is higher it just "feels" smoother and less jittery.

8 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

What are you even on about now?

Camera doesn't move faster when fps is higher it just "feels" smoother and less jittery.

can you run your game at 200 fps? i can with my intel 12 series at least in sometime in game beginning, and when its 200 fps that camera moves like 2 or 3 times faster than 60 fps

and thats why i tell that camera movement code is ****** up by devs as its not stable

3 hours ago, gabberworld said:

can you run your game at 200 fps? i can with my intel 12 series at least in sometime in game beginning, and when its 200 fps that camera moves like 2 or 3 times faster than 60 fps

and thats why i tell that camera movement code is ****** up by devs as its not stable

Never said i could.

There is no difference between 30 fps and 60 fps in camera speed on my end.

Only feels "jittery" that's what i am saying. That's what is happening in my game with the Monitor i am using.

- 30 fps feels uncomfotable when moving the camera. 60 fps feels comfortable and smooth.

- There is no difference in camera movement speed on my end within these framerates.

Addendum:

Anyways after recent patches performance is better so i don't have such fps issues so often anymore.

Just wanted to point out that on not every Monitor certain framerates will feel "smooth" and no it doesn't have to be a CRT monitor or even an old monitor.

Cause people tend to forget this when suggesting that "30 fps" is fine. (Heck even seen complaints where 60 fps doesn't feel "smooth" on certain high refresh rate monitors with certain games)

5 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Never said i could.

There is no difference between 30 fps and 60 fps in camera speed on my end.

Only feels "jittery" that's what i am saying. That's what is happening in my game with the Monitor i am using.

- 30 fps feels uncomfotable when moving the camera. 60 fps feels comfortable and smooth.

- There is no difference in camera movement speed on my end within these framerates.

Addendum:

Anyways after recent patches performance is better so i don't have such fps issues so often anymore.

Just wanted to point out that on not every Monitor certain framerates will feel "smooth" and no it doesn't have to be a CRT monitor or even an old monitor.

Cause people tend to forget this when suggesting that "30 fps" is fine. (Heck even seen complaints where 60 fps doesn't feel "smooth" on certain high refresh rate monitors with certain games)

if look this game at the camera view then yes 30 fps is bad and 60 fps i not like either too much as when you move camera you will start see that game makes micro freezes 

Well I got a pretty decent result. Seems like the Fast Friends optimizations helped a lot?

Time : 1.42:13 (best of three, first time was 1:43:xx because I wasn't quite ready)
CPU : Ryzen 7 5800X
Graphics card : GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 32 GB at 3200 MHz

CAS : 16 18 18 38
HDD : Sandisk 1TB NVMe (still took like a minute to load...although "loading" appears to mostly be the CPU rendering things)

Stock boost, CPU stayed between 4.3 and 4.5 GHz the whole time

3 hours ago, YOLO KNIGHT said:

Well I got a pretty decent result. Seems like the Fast Friends optimizations helped a lot?

yes numbers not lie, there is difference, for 5800X it was somewhere 110 sec aka 1.50 before and you show now 1.42:13

its like drive in race game when lap times are slow and finally you manage make better result because off hard team work

Time: 1:41
CPU: i7-13700KF @ somespeed (Win10)
Graphics card: Nvidia 1660 Super
RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Fury RGB 5600MHz
CAS: 40-40-40
HDD: Intel M.2 - 256GB for OS, 1TB for Games

All I can say is holeey fook. I just swapped out my i7-9700K to the above and I can see all the difference in performance on my massive base construct that was lagging on the 9700k...

The only thing that bugs me is that loading a 50MB save still takes forever. :P

Archived