Benchmark Testing of Spaced out

17 minutes ago, lautasdf said:

That's not a good advice. Please don't.

if he not want mess with o.c then yes. as i understand hes motherboard was not tested at all with o.c stuff from manufacturer

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b360-f-gaming-model/spec

** DDR4 2666MHz and higher memory modules will run at max. 2666MHz on Intel® 8th Gen. 6-core or higher processors.

soo simpley if he even want oc for example 4000 mhz. he just cant with that board

now that msi what i posted. that is possible o.c to 4400

12 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

if he not want mess with o.c then yes. as i understand hes motherboard was not tested at all with o.c stuff from manufacturer

Again, please if you are not savvy in the matter don't throw advices out there from a simple google search. There has been some people also telling you that the QVL list of parts is to be taken with a pinch of salt, as it may involve hand-picked components or engineering samples.

Also, recommending a motherboard upgrade for a legacy chipset, is a really poor advice, as the upgrade path is already halted. Any sane person would much rather cope up with having a ~10s slower simulation speed up in ONI than wasting hundreds of dollars in a piece of hardware that is already at the EOL.

I understand that you don't mean bad, but the advices should come from a place of knowledge, which many (if not all) of us here only have a grasp of:

- ONI's engine internals and resource management

- CPU architecture and memory controller

- Actual PC usage besides ONI, such as possibly work, which may involve running a rock solid, stable setup

- And more...

Just my thoughts, don't take it as an attack but rather an advice. Also, I'd rather not spam this thread anymore, as there is another one dedicated for results discussion.

15 hours ago, Kerdeld said:

did you also try the tRFC 360 for the 3733cl16 you was using before?

damn it lol, i need to try :

"memory try it" shows a 3733cl16-18-18-38@1.35v so i was confident with 3733cl16-16-16-36 tRFC 360 CR 1T @1.4v :

Fail at MB reboot

i retry with CR 2T, success, result 112sec

It looks like 3600 Mhz is the max for CR 1T for i7-10700 and MSI Z490 GPlus (bios A3)

I'll probably keep 3600cl15-15-15-35 tRFC 360 CR 1T

23 minutes ago, lautasdf said:

Again, please if you are not savvy in the matter don't throw advices out there from a simple google search. There has been some people also ONI than wasting hundreds of dollars in a piece of hardware that is already at the EOL.

i think not everyone can spend over 2000 dollars for brand new pc. as that what i counted if buy totally latest good pc.

also noone tells he must. i just typed info

Clearly don't buy a Z390 Motherboard when Z590 has been released on market for 6 months, at some point it's better to either wait a little and put XMP on, or buy a fresh MB+CPU+good RAM (XMP on) for 500-800 $€

Other than that i value QVL (from MB manufacturers for example) as much as users experience, 50/50, because marketing and test reliability from manufacturer are questionable yes, but at the same time some user may be very lucky with semiconductors/silicium

Random example : GSkill sells RipjawsV as Intel optimized, but i've seen today, after checking various websites, a lot of Ryzen users having success with this RAM series, so i guess it's part marketing ... the price difference with Trident Z Neo is around 25€ for a 290 € kit, probably because of useless RGB, shiny heatsink and real usefull tweaks, who knows ? (i could not decide which one to choose at same spec)

6 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

if you find for LGA1151 socket the z590 motherboard then yes

Intel CPU 10 and 11 offer a real step forward compared to 8 and 9, it's not only about Z390 Z590

The only problem i see is Z590 seems overpriced (no PCIE 4.0), i'm an Intel user/buyer for now and it's a good thing there is an Amd (justified) hype, it pushes Intel to be better / lower its price for next gen chipset

5 minutes ago, FGPraxis said:

Intel CPU 10 and 11 offer a real step forward compared to 8 and 9, it's not only about Z390 Z590

The only problem i see is Z590 seems overpriced (no PCIE 4.0), i'm an Intel user/buyer for now and it's a good thing there is an Amd (justified) hype, it pushes Intel to be better / lower its price for next gen chipset

as i talked about only specific user. new sockets are the lga 1200

13 hours ago, gabberworld said:

and that is reason why i still not buy myself a new pc. why i should? there coming new stuff out again

Before Intel 12th gen and Z690 become main market offer, there is an interesting window (until june 2022?), 11th gen and Z590 prices should lower (and shop will probably have stock to empty) and DDR4 is still compatible with half the new gen motherboards

Other than that it's not new story, it's like that since Pentium I

10 minutes ago, FGPraxis said:

Before Intel 12th gen and Z690 become main market offer, there is an interesting window (until june 2022?), 11th gen and Z590 prices should lower (and shop will probably have stock to empty) and DDR4 is still compatible with half the new gen motherboards

Other than that it's not new story, it's been like that since Pentium I

funny part is i to have ddr3 laptop. ok its the gaming laptop but still. i can play all the latest games. maybe not the max settings but still. they all playable. maybe little advantage is that it have ddr5 gpu separated memory. otherwise i think it would be screwed

i have also running 2 monitors . 1 at 4k. maybe second intel videocard gives extra bonus who knows.

i just not know when is right time for upgrade , maybe when directX13 comes out ?

1 hour ago, gabberworld said:

funny part is i to have ddr3 laptop. ok its the gaming laptop but still. i can play all the latest games. maybe not the max settings but still. they all playable. maybe little advantage is that it have ddr5 gpu separated memory. otherwise i think it would be screwed

i have also running 2 monitors . 1 at 4k. maybe second intel videocard gives extra bonus who knows.

i just not know when is right time for upgrade , maybe when directX13 comes out ?

Next gen (intel 12th) looks like a transition gen, ddr4 to ddr5 (with both possible), new socket, PCIE 4 and 5 not clear, weird core architecture, windows 11 coming ... personnaly i'd try to avoid it, go for Intel 11th at least i5-11600 preferably i7-11700 or i9 (or AMD) (or i7 i9 10th but it's becoming old stuff) because you won't be able to upgrade (new socket) you want a strong cpu, good ddr4 is ok ... but it's just my way to deal with it (avoid very new stuff and wait at least a few months)

I intend to keep my current 8 months old PC for at least 2 years maybe 3 or 4, i'm computer admin (part time because reasons) it's easy for me to upgrade pc parts and seek good prices, and in Europe prices can be very different between countries and with cheap deliveries everywhere, it's different in the US and obviously if you don't have good knowledge of pc parts/ability to assemble it and dependent on bank account or priorities

I try to avoid recent AAA games, because i consider most of them are not optimized boring bug nests designed to put on its knees the average gaming rig, but there are a few good ones and it's a real pleasure to play your favorite game with 0 lag/stutter and good fps, also for work a good PC will do the job faster

1 hour ago, FGPraxis said:

Next gen (intel 12th) looks like a transition gen, ddr4 to ddr5 (with both possible), new socket, PCIE 4 and 5 not clear, weird core architecture, windows 11 coming ... personnaly i'd try to avoid it, go for Intel 11th at least i5-11600 preferably i7-11700 or i9 (or AMD) (or i7 i9 10th but it's becoming old stuff) because you won't be able to upgrade (new socket) you want a strong cpu, good ddr4 is ok ... but it's just my way to deal with it (avoid very new stuff and wait at least a few months)

I intend to keep my current 8 months old PC for at least 2 years maybe 3 or 4, i'm computer admin (part time because reasons) it's easy for me to upgrade pc parts and seek good prices, and in Europe prices can be very different between countries and with cheap deliveries everywhere, it's different in the US and obviously if you don't have good knowledge of pc parts/ability to assemble it and dependent on bank account or priorities

I try to avoid recent AAA games, because i consider most of them are not optimized boring bug nests designed to put on its knees the average gaming rig, but there are a few good ones and it's a real pleasure to play your favorite game with 0 lag/stutter and good fps, also for work a good PC will do the job faster

this Benchmark test shows tho. that user not need latest pc for get the best results out.

9 hours ago, FGPraxis said:

damn it lol, i need to try :

"memory try it" shows a 3733cl16-18-18-38@1.35v so i was confident with 3733cl16-16-16-36 tRFC 360 CR 1T @1.4v :

Fail at reboot

i retry with CR 2T, success, result 112sec

It looks like 3600 Mhz is the max for CR 1T for i7-10700 and MSI Z490 GPlus (bios A3)

I'll probably keep 3600cl15-15-15-35 tRFC 360 CR 1T

mm Oke was your 1T on 3733 with geardown mode disabled?

If you know what I mean you can still try 1T geardown mode enabled with 3733 cl16 it's equal to 1.5T that's like a lot more stable usually

3 hours ago, Kerdeld said:

If you know what I mean you can still try 1T geardown mode enabled with 3733 cl16 it's equal to 1.5T that's like a lot more stable usually

or he use too low memory speed. data in my shop about oc start from 4266, 4800 for this motherboard

he probaply should use F4-4266C16D-16GVK or Trident Z RGB Black DDR4 32 GB CL16 4266 MHz

there is also thing that i7-10700k is much better than the i7-10700 difference is like 4-5%

5 hours ago, Kerdeld said:

Never heard about this geardown mode, little research on google it seems to be specific to AMD, further research shows it's DDR feature that Intel doesn't use (i didn't see a 1.5T mode in the bios, or something related to geardown, but there are so many options)

Thanks again for all the info, i know the basics about oc and timings since DDR2, but didn't dig much for DDR4, i'm lucky you have the same RAM banks and good knowledge and tests, "memory try it" bios option also helped (i never really tried it, i canceled at save and exit when bios shows the changes that will occur), add to it this benchmark and it was the perfect opportunity to set a safe oc "XMP Special" to my RAM :encouragement:

Obviously i did more tests :

3600CL15 CR 1T @ 1.39v didn't boot

OCCT and HCI memtest showed 0 errors @1.4v, but there was very rare glitches with windows ui, it felt like Intel Memory Controler wasn't at ease with CR 1T (AMD controller probably better here)

So i ended with :

112 sec : i7-10700F HT off + 16Go DDR4-3733CL16-16-16-36 CR 2T tRFC 350 @ 1.39V (stable and 0 errors)

Maybe it can help i7 or i9 users (i9 11900F can probably hit 107sec without CPU oc for example)

1 hour ago, FGPraxis said:

Obviously i did more tests :

3600CL15 CR 1T @ 1.39v didn't boot

OCCT and HCI memtest showed 0 errors @1.4v, but there was very rare glitches with windows ui, it felt like Intel Memory Controler wasn't at ease with CR 1T (AMD controller probably better here)

So i ended with :

112 sec : i7-10700F HT off + 16Go DDR4-3733CL16-16-16-36 CR 2T tRFC 350 @ 1.39V (stable and 0 errors)

Maybe it can help i7 or i9 users (i9 11900F can probably hit 107sec without CPU oc for example)

if user with 10900kf can hit 103 im sure 11900F can hit to 100 sec by choosing right memory

8 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

if user with 10900kf can hit 103 im sure 11900F can hit to 100 sec by choosing right memory

Yes but the 10900kf 103sec result is not realistic for an everyday user.

The 11900F/K is probably the fastest for Oni but your paying a lot more as well and also need the more expensive motherboards, don't forget the 250-300 watt power draw. 

46 minutes ago, Kerdeld said:

Yes but the 10900kf 103sec result is not realistic for an everyday user.

i understand but like FGPraxis tell. prices drop.

i could get i9-10900kf / i7-10700K  unlocked at same price like locked i9-11900f

by default k versions cost more tho as they are faster than f versions

and amd 5950X i not start talk, i can get 2 intel cpu with that price

if talk about motherboards then they still kind off same prices expect those what have 10ghz lan speed 

Too late, anyway, this is my result (restarting the PC before):

Time : 1:54,43 - So 114,43 sec
CPU : Ryzen 7 5800x (with CTR perfil ON)
Graphics card : 6900xt
RAM : 32Gb 3600

CAS : 16 18 18 38
HDD : game installed: Samsung 980 Pro 500Gb, saves: Samsung 970 EVO 1Tb  

Archived