Is the Celestial Champion inspired by The Incredibles?

Yes? Maybe? Klei loves to reference other tv shows, cartoons & movies in their game.

Chester (appropriately named Chester) is named after the same named creature that the Grandmother from Halloweentown carries around that is a literal suit case with feet, a tongue, teeth, and a tail.

But honestly? Only Klei really knows rather Champion is or isn’t supposed to be inspired from the Omnivoid.  & I doubt we will ever get any official confirmation.. *Shrugs*

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Chester (appropriately named Chester) is named after the same named creature that the Grandmother from Halloweentown carries around that is a literal suit case with feet, a tongue, teeth, and a tail

Chester is a reference from the book serie of 'Discworld' by Terry Pratchett (RIP)

In the first book of the mages serie called "The colour of the magic" a character appears followed by a magic chest with 50 feets made by a magic wood that gives infinity space and conscience

Since the book was wrote in 1983, the serie are very famous books, plus klei making reference for multiple popular or classic books, we can asume that Chester was inspired by The Luggage (the name of the magical chest)

51h6id98v2L._AC_SY1000_.jpg

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Chester is a reference from the book serie of 'Discworld' by Terry Pratchett (RIP)

In the first book of the mages serie called "The colour of the magic" a character appears followed by a magic chest with 50 feets made by a magic wood that gives infinity space and conscience

Since the book was wrote in 1983, the serie are very famous books, plus klei making reference for multiple popular or classic books, we can asume that Chester was inspired by The Luggage (the name of the magical chest)

51h6id98v2L._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Is that confirmed? To me it seems more reasonable that Chester is inspired by the mimics from rpgs, but a good one

3 hours ago, StarsBR said:

Is that confirmed? To me it seems more reasonable that Chester is inspired by the mimics from rpgs, but a good one

not confirmed but is what fits the most. Mimics are enemies that gives loot, the chest from the book is a living chest that follows their owner and even defends him

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Chester (appropriately named Chester) is named after the same named creature that the Grandmother from Halloweentown carries around that is a literal suit case with feet, a tongue, teeth, and a tail.

Fun fact: Chester is technically a Lawyer.

His full name is Otto von Chesterfield, esquire. The esquire part being typically appended to a lawyer's surname. However esquire can also mean
"a young nobleman who, in training for knighthood, acted as an attendant to a knight."; and that would make more sense considering what Chester's role is. But I'm running with the headcanon that he is a representative in a court of law.

Waitin' on my Lawyer-Chester skin.

8 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Gamers really like trying to correlate things that look vaguely kind of similarish if you squint a bit and tilt your head while the room is dark and you're looking through 3d glasses.

I mean Klei does like sneaking references to everything in DST. There's multiple references to books and other games in item and skin descriptions.

1 hour ago, Monkey Cups said:

I mean Klei does like sneaking references to everything in DST. There's multiple references to books and other games in item and skin descriptions.

I think Wolfgang might be a reference to Ash Ketchum because they both have two arms and two legs.

Archived