the Don't Starve wiki and all the things it needs to update

I don't know if this is gonna work or if the wiki editors come around here, but if they do, there are some issues. Namely, as of now, Wanda overlaps Walter in all the quotes for individual items. Also figs & their recipes aren't in the character quote sections yet, not to mention other characters' comments on Wanda herself

The search function for Wanda's clocks also doesn't work. If you try typing in for example "Alarming Clock" it'll tell you to go to the pocket watches page, but that page doesn't exist because the pages are "Clocksmithy Tab" and also their individual names like "Alarming Clock".

1 hour ago, Terra B Welch said:

noscript

Based and responsible browser extensions pilled.

23 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I've always been using noscript, and I've never had any real issues with it. This wiki thing is very minor(it still shows the wiki page) it only displays the advert in the tab, the actual page displayed is still the wiki page. It only happens to me on the DS wiki.

yall are aware you can contribute to the wikia urself right? U do know its a volunteer effort.. right? 

Especially with regards to character quotes if their incompleteness bothers u so, u can open the game examine something as that character and then add it to the wikia page. Easy as. I have added a bunch of quotes myself in the ds:SW days with like zero prior wikia experience. 

Edit: for more advanced stuff like layout and icons etc u can add as much text as u can and then add a comment to the page asking for more experienced editors to add the frills. Adding images to galleries is also very easy to do if ur new to the wikia and it really enriches the pages imo. Any contribution is appreciated i think however small.

It can also be fun to figure stuff out urself by comparing pages and copy+pasting layout sections. For example taking the code for a gallery section and adding it to a page that doesnt have it yet is kinda easy to do. And u can always undo ur additions if u mess up :mrgreen: 

3 hours ago, Baark0 said:

i mean, is anyone surprised?

Really, do you have to be so rude!

2 hours ago, Ohan said:

yall are aware you can contribute to the wikia urself right? U do know its a volunteer effort.. right? 

Especially with regards to character quotes if their incompleteness bothers u so, u can open the game examine something as that character and then add it to the wikia page. Easy as. I have added a bunch of quotes myself in the ds:SW days with like zero prior wikia experience. 

Edit: for more advanced stuff like layout and icons etc u can add as much text as u can and then add a comment to the page asking for more experienced editors to add the frills. Adding images to galleries is also very easy to do if ur new to the wikia and it really enriches the pages imo. Any contribution is appreciated i think however small.

It can also be fun to figure stuff out urself by comparing pages and copy+pasting layout sections. For example taking the code for a gallery section and adding it to a page that doesnt have it yet is kinda easy to do. And u can always undo ur additions if u mess up :mrgreen: 

I wish I could help, I honestly really do, but... Well, I don't own the game and I don't know how to break in code in any capacity. Just thought I'd make the thread to bring light to the issues, and maybe flag down some more experienced wikia editors

I was a former admin/bureaucrat and people constantly say stuff like this. If you find information that is wrong with the wiki, please just change it yourself. We are all people who love the game and care about it but we aren't god, we can't do everything. And if something is locked, just ask an admin about it and they can change it. 

Thank you for letting me know, I will look into these things.

And a thing to note about the state of the wiki currently is that a lot of the admin/mods are inactive currently, even I am in a semi-hiatus, so its been at its slowest in a while. It's just the way of it on wikis, people come and go. Everything will get done eventually!

19 hours ago, Cheggf said:

The search function for Wanda's clocks also doesn't work. If you try typing in for example "Alarming Clock" it'll tell you to go to the pocket watches page, but that page doesn't exist because the pages are "Clocksmithy Tab" and also their individual names like "Alarming Clock".

Is there a specific page where there are links that do this, or is it from searching in the search bar? Because I know what you're talking about but I thought I fixed it, doesn't mean I missed something though!

1 hour ago, Bluegeist said:

Is there a specific page where there are links that do this, or is it from searching in the search bar? Because I know what you're talking about but I thought I fixed it, doesn't mean I missed something though!

It's the search bar. I just checked all the clocks and it's only the Alarming Clock & Backstep Watch that try to bring you to a broken page. The rest of them bring you to the correct page.

Dang that's so weird. When I search them in the search bar they are all going to their own individual pages, they all used to redirect to a single page but I split them (only redirect is the rift watch going to the backtrek watch). Maybe try clearing your browser's cache, here are the ways provided by Fandom:

• Firefox / Safari: Hold Shift while clicking Reload, or press either Ctrl-F5 or Ctrl-R (⌘-R on a Mac)
    • Google Chrome: Press Ctrl-Shift-R (⌘-Shift-R on a Mac)
    • Internet Explorer: Hold Ctrl while clicking Refresh, or press Ctrl-F5
    • Opera: Go to Menu → Settings (Opera → Preferences on a Mac) and then to Privacy & security → Clear browsing data → Cached images and files.

1 hour ago, Bluegeist said:

Dang that's so weird. When I search them in the search bar they are all going to their own individual pages, they all used to redirect to a single page but I split them (only redirect is the rift watch going to the backtrek watch). Maybe try clearing your browser's cache, here are the ways provided by Fandom:

•  

I think we're talking about different things. I asked my friend (who has never gone to this website before) to verify, and he also has it. If we type it in and hit enter to search, we get the page. But I never do that because that's me typing it, going to the search page, then going to the page. What I always do is I click on the suggested page, since that's one less click. For both of us the suggested page is pocket watches.

image.thumb.png.4510534d3cdb823ac824390617c0f23a.png

Nah bud, I specifically deleted the pocket watches page and the redirect for alarming clock to go to it. This is what you should see and is what I get:580853850_alarmingwatchsearch.thumb.PNG.52b4ba20d25e001fb75ae161c18ceac2.PNG

Very odd, what browser are you using? Is it the same as your friend's?

Actually, I am also curious about the bg color on your screenshot... that is not what the background color is supposed to be, its supposed to be a light offwhite. Do you have some sort of dark mode thing going on or is that just what the bg color looks like?? I'm thinking Fandom is doing funny things

Archived