Terrorism?

Would this be considered as crossing the line? Openly declaring the usage of bug and exploit to sabotage public servers.

image.thumb.png.9cc8be0bab91c88091754b6fd1b31f26.png

In terms of credibility, the user is indeed notorious for being involved in multiple griefs in teams, using multiple names such as Occulte, nemzalis, 

with thread on klei forum

image.thumb.png.15b366d9eca3bac03fe78cb8efcba41d.png

image.thumb.png.dd7d5b376680eb7536c264faadfec919.png

Pretty clickbait-ish title, i'm ngl. But yeah, sounds pretty serious, but what would you want to do with it? I'm not even sure, if it is reportable to Steam. And even if it was, it would probably only fuel his anger. I would ignore it. WIth this post, you are only making him more visible.

Alright im not even on the banlist, Im not a greifer, But I agree this mod is bad, Its controlig the klei servers and should be taken to klei to be fixed, An anti greif shouldnt be created by mod creators, It should be created by klei themselves. 

Also Keep in mind, Ive been watching all of these No greifer mod is bad forum post, Im just too lazy to reply to every single one of them. 

I never thought about calling griefers terrorists before, but I've gotta start. I'm just picturing it now: Warly doing his funny talking animation with the silly steel drum sound effect as the text "Wolfgang is a domestic terrorist" above his head.

1 hour ago, Jrramon_GOLD said:

Alright im not even on the banlist, Im not a greifer, But I agree this mod is bad, Its controlig the klei servers and should be taken to klei to be fixed, An anti greif shouldnt be created by mod creators, It should be created by klei themselves. 

Also Keep in mind, Ive been watching all of these No greifer mod is bad forum post, Im just too lazy to reply to every single one of them. 

i agree,  think the mod creator does aswell, yet there is no moderation so lets just accept this is the best that is out there and if you dont have a solution why say that? you really think someone wants to single handedly manage to remove greifers from the server they play on when klei dosnt ban people what do you expect just to accept you will be perpetually greifed? 

1 hour ago, Jrramon_GOLD said:

i 100% agree with you

4 hours ago, Jrramon_GOLD said:

An anti greif shouldnt be created by mod creators, It should be created by klei themselves. 

No, I don't think Klei should do that. For once I feel very isolated with my opinion when so many people in the forums these last few days have been hellbent on either complaining about the mod in question or wishing death on griefers.

Don't get me wrong, I heavily dislike griefers and the act of griefing. But I don't think this is an issue Klei should invest any resources in, and I love how they dont care about policing their game like any ___insert children's game with heavy moderation here____. It runs itself well and it adds to the immersion, you are thrown into a scary anarchic world with strangers and you gotta decide who's friend and who's foe- cooperate with friendly survivors, guide the newcomers and banish the destructive ones. There is no upper authority punishing people for using profanity, loitering or misorderly conduct - Decent behavior is the reward itself.

And in line with that, I think the No Grief mod is justified to exist. Unlike what its haters demonize it to be (as a merciless auto kicking machine), it's an advisory notice at best. It falls into players to make the judgement. And it does work most of the time. Just an hour ago, I jumped into a forge server, got the "player is in the trusty banlist" allert, we decided to ignore it, and the player in question ended up taking all the high-end items for themselves, not dropping them upon requests, and constantly spam the chat with insults once noone wanted to revive them. True, it's not a flawless mod at all, it punishes the reformed griefers or even the falsely accused too. But it falls into the playerbase to be curtuous, rational and considerate when heeding the warnings. Someone that somehow ended up in the list can easily prove their worth by tapping into their convincing side and surviving together with the players for 40+ days. Public server kick votes aren't ethernal and many people are likely to listen to you and give you a chance if you plead with them that you are not a griefer. Merely 400 people are subscribed to the mod anyway, if one is too annoyed by that, they should make their own competing mod or comission one with more transparent and fair practices.

In a similar vein, I dislike it when people comment about how they should play the game solo, discord groups or with known friends. Everyone is free to play the game however they want and klei hosted public servers are a great way to play it. In my opinion, DST isn't even half the game it is when played solo. Do not impose your preferences into others please.

Archived