Which mob will be featured for the Year of the Tiger?

Predict which mob will be featured in the upcoming Chinese New Year event  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Which mob do you think will be the mascot of the upcoming Year of the Tiger lunar new year event

• Catcoons -> Year of the Catcoon
    • Antlion -> Year of the Antlion
    • Dandy Lionfish / Black Catfish
    • Tigershark (Returning Mob from Shipwrecked)
    • Tiger/Tigre/Snaggletooth (an unknown mob that inspired the designs of skins and belongings like Webber's El Tigre Cub, Snaggletooth Wormhole, Tiger Boomerang etc.)
    • Other

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

NEW Mobs.. not to highlight an already existing one

Well there are roughly four months till the Lunar new year and a pretty busy roadmap so unless a new tiger like mob is added to the game in the last content update of the year, we'll get one of the existing mobs highlighted as usual, just like the five previous years- Gobbler, Varg, Pig King, Carrat and Beefalo.

Personally, I'd like if the potential Year of the Catcoon ends up leaving its mark about catcoons, fleshes them out in a creative way and make their dens renewable in one way or another.

2 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

fleshes them out in a creative way and make their dens renewable in one way or another.

Renewable dens would be awesome. Catcoon farms would be encouraged and maybe Wigfrid mains would pen them with birchtrees instead of extinction.

9 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

How is antlion the best boss, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

She's too easy

While difficulty may be important in picking a favorite boss in various cases, this is irrelevant for Antlion because her fight is just fun. I'm also not as interested in bosses as I am in simply surviving so I haven't fought many bosses, so that's why I said she's one of the best out of all bosses I fought so far.

Anyways, even though I would personally prefer Antlion being the mob pick, I would be fine if Catcoon or even another mob entirely got the spot. I think Klei could do some pretty cool stuff with either of those.

in many tales i have read regarding the chinese zodiac, the cat is a separate animal from the tiger which loses the animals' race to become part of the zodiac, usually thanks to the rat.

hence, if Klei is to remain at least semi-accurate to the source material in designing the event, I think that a proper tiger mob would fit more than a catcoon.

The tigershark comes to mind of course, but i personally hope they add a new tiger-based mob, potentially a hunt surprise a la Year of the Varg.

13 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

I'm half expecting Klei to just rebrand the Spider Warrior as the "Tiger Spider" and bring us the Year of the Tiger Spider.

Technically they could just temporarily reskin Hound waves into Tigers and be done, but knowing Klei and how much work and love they want to put into their updates they’ll do a lot more: Year of the Carrat utilized a relatively New mob to the game that only existed out on the Lunar Islands- But they also went through the trouble of giving him a million new animations & could even be seen hidden in Beefalo fur as you walk by the Beefalo’s in a Savannah.

Catcoon doesn’t really fit for Tiger, I mean yeah technically they’re both Cats- But that’s where the similarities end.

Thats like comparing my House Cat to a Vicious predatory hunting animal that my cat only Dreams it could run as fast as.

They may Actually add an already existing mob but repurpose them into DST (like letting Tiger Sharks be Water versions of hound Waves for example..) 

Alternatively they could just give most mobs a funky Tiger stripped color during the event and call it a day (spiders, Catcoons, Snakes if they were in the game.. etc.)

21 hours ago, minespatch said:

585d16e03bf03_webberwithklauscatcoon.png.7639ee51ca578aefb62efd1af18c67e1.pngWho would want to hurt the angermuffins?

Of all people, you drew WEBBER hugging a catcoon? They try to rip the legs right off his head! Tell your catcoon friends that spider legs are not toys, please! Claws to the face hurt!

They're not as mean as pigs and bunnymen though so they're okay I guess but not for staying in pouncing distance to for any amount of time. Pls stop with the face pouncing, catcoons.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Technically they could just temporarily reskin Hound waves into Tigers and be done

Wouldn't really fit. Hounds are canine, Tigers are feline.

Then again we do have a Puppy Cap skin for the Cat Cap, so I suppose anything goes!

(Damn, I just had to go and get that song stuck in my head again...)

I'm game for  year of catcoon, adding a new huntable to the hunts (that is tiger-like), or anything else our masters at klei have up their sleeves. I really do greatly enjoy the year of events and am super excited to see it each year. 

i think catcoons are perfectly suitable for year of the tiger. and as previously mentioned they already have the friendship/gift giving/pet that isnt a cosmetic critter mechanic going on which has a lot of potential to be expanded upon and perhaps the option to construct new catcoon dens! 

Archived