84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like fish tacos as a dish?

• AMAZING!!
    • Good
    • it's okay
    • meh....
    • terrible!
    • useless as heck!

(Yes I totally made this thread the same format as the meaty stew thread, hate me, for I could not resist the memes, anywho onto the thread!)

I thnk that fish tacos are useless, and I mean useless, just think about it.

You need fish value items and corn to make it, both which have better uses.

• Fish is better suited for better dishes like fish sticks(40 health), surf n turf(60 health, 33 sanity) or even the stuffed fish heads if you just want the hunger(75 hunger).
  • Corn gives 25 hunger on its own, which is already most of what fish tacos give, not to mention corns use for powdercake, which while powdercake isn't all that good statwise(literally -3 health), its extremely long spoil time makes it better for use as either bait, or for warly players to season with seasonings.

Not to mention fish tacos spoil in a measly 6 days on top of their already bad stats!

Honestly I feel like this dish could be good if they just gave it more hunger! Like for eggs how bacon and eggs is the hunger dish and pierogi is the health dish, I think it'd be neat to have fish tacos hunger doubled to 75 and maybe make it last 10 days like fish sticks, that way it would be the hunger counterpart to fishsticks.

Thanks to everyone for reading this post! Even if I couldn't resist the meme of formating the title and poll like the meaty stew thread. :wilson_curious:

I wouldn't say it's bad but th fact that Fishticks have higher health and it's required ingredient is more accesible than corn, it puts Fish Tacos in the shadow, which is a shame. If Fish tacos were better it could be reliable when sailing since you can get fish and corn at the sea.

Just now, Just-guy said:

I wouldn't say it's bad but th fact that Fishticks have higher health and it's required ingredient is more accesible than corn, it puts Fish Tacos in the shadow, which is a shame. If Fish tacos were better it could be reliable when sailing since you can get fish and corn at the sea.

I get your point, and I do feel like fish tacos don't need too much to be better, honestly giving them 75 hunger and maybe making their spoil time 10 days would make them already better and more worth using imo, using corn cods as a food at sea would be a pretty viable strategy too.

I just wish there was a separate cooking station other than the Crock Pot that would let you cook foods that only need 2 ingredients and give around 37.5 hunger (many dishes including this, Fishsticks, Froggle Bunwhich, Guacamole, Honey Nuggets, etc do this and would fit perfectly). Perhaps a Kettle that can get placed over a campfire that players could bring with them on their expedition to cook them. Throw in a frog legs and a carrot for a small meal, a fish and a twig for another small meal, a morsel and a honey for yet another, 2 berries for a fistful of jam, and 2 monster meat to understand that makes monster lasagna; all while listening to Walter's campfire stories over a fire.

We have a lot of dishes that only get a lot of use because you can cram twigs into the pot. This way I feel would encourage newer players to combine ingredients a whole lot more and give Warly a bit more niche and incentive since he's the only character that could cook "Big" meals on the go.

1 hour ago, Owlrus said:

I just wish there was a separate cooking station other than the Crock Pot that would let you cook foods that only need 2 ingredients

Hell yeah this would be great for making all these terrible 37.5 hunger recipes viable.

I'm voting "meh" because on its own it's not too bad but when compared to fishsticks it is pretty much useless.

21 hours ago, Baark0 said:

no idea what this does but considering its fish and not surf n turf/fish sticks its probably terrible

Fishsticks is what overshadows fish tacos, not surf n turf. Fish tacos are 20HP & 38HNG per fish, while Surf n' Turf is 20HP & 12.5HNG per fish, but also 11SAN per fish instead of 5. Both are very comparable to eachother.

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I'm voting "meh" because on its own it's not too bad but when compared to fishsticks it is pretty much useless.

Fishsticks is what overshadows fish tacos, not surf n turf. Fish tacos are 20HP & 38HNG per fish, while Surf n' Turf is 20HP & 12.5HNG per fish, but also gives 28 more sanity. Both are very comparable to eachother.

surf and turf is 60 hp, around 37 hunger and 33 sanity, no where comparable to fish tacos.

First, why did you copy my answers?

Second, I don't like fish tacos

Third, who said they're amazing? State your name!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I'm voting "meh" because on its own it's not too bad

Corn gives 25 hunger, like the post says, eating all of fish tacos ingredients ends up giving more hunger than the dish itself (if you don't use 2 twigs)

16 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

There is 100% no reason why you would prefer tacos over the sticks, they're a great dish

Is this a joke?

i mean speaking from personal experience eating tacos is a lot better than eating a stick

10 hours ago, Flarezen said:

surf and turf is 60 hp, around 37 hunger and 33 sanity, no where comparable to fish tacos.

If we're ignoring the cost of the recipe then surf 'n' turf sucks because mandrake soup gives 100HP & 150HNG. But you remind me that it shouldn't be 28 more sanity, it should only be 18 more sanity. I forgot to factor in two more of the dishes for the sanity part.

Archived