Mountable grass gator

Just do it. Do it. It's the right thing to do. Let us mount and tame it. 

Have specific places to moor it similar in function to a salt lick, feed it kelp. That's fine. If it eats nothing else but kelp, so be it. Or fish. I don't care.

Even if it can't really go on land, that's fine. It's not a beefalo anyway. Have it function so you hop off the gator when you get too close to land and when it bucks you off, well, the punishment should be straightforward; You die.

if it were to be implemented which i doubt it will since they're basically koalas and run away from the player, i imagine they would be restricted to shallow waters somehow. 

I think they'd be nice as a sort of temporary mount. So u'd stop by their biome, feed them something or do something to enable riding and run around easily collecting oceans drops, salt, kelp, exploring the shallows, mining sea stacks and maybe most importantly, mount them while carrying Knobbly tree seeds so u can ride to where u want to drop the seed off in the water without needing a boat which would be amazing for narrow rivers. 

the bucking off or end of riding time would have to solved somehow since the player drowns in water obviously.. they'd be more of a utility mount u can easily pick up for a while when u want more precise mobility for non-combat tasks in the ocean and rivers.

Honestly yeah, I won't lie, I'd love to ride them, as much as most other mobs actually.
Though I doubt it'd happen, whilst they are pretty much Beefalo reskins they're still lacking many art assets and animations to become ridable, also I can't imagine how well it'd work with them being water based. Almost all the ocean mechanics are tied to boats and being able to get a water walking mount would break almost all of it I imagine.
Whilst not impossible I'm unsure how likely it is.

On 7/29/2021 at 1:36 AM, Dextops said:

how would crab king and cookie cutters work?

crab king wouldnt work, so klei would hopefully rework the fight to be more fun. considering how helpless the boss is when you have any other mob fight it, he's in need on a rework. cookie cutters can just bite you or hit you with their tail

38 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

cookie cutters can just bite you or hit you with their tail

That wouldnt make sense, Cookie cutters arent necessarily aggressive to the player, they just wanna eat wood which boats are made of.

9 hours ago, Hornete said:

That wouldnt make sense, Cookie cutters arent necessarily aggressive to the player, they just wanna eat wood which boats are made of.

ok so according to wiki they are neutral to the player unless attacked, in that case just make the cutters neutral, or whatever level of hostility they have to grass gators

Archived