[Game Update] - 472345

• Developer

Hello everyone!

Today's patch continues fixing up many of the bugs and inconsistencies introduced to Oxygen Not Included by this last update. Thank you as always for your bug reports and discussion threads! Additionally, we're aware of performance problems that have shown up recently and are continuing to look for solutions there. Take care!

Changes

• Refrigerator now produces less heat when in Power Saver mode.
  • Improved vertical spacing of diagnostics and pinned resources UI
  • Removed excess width of overlay legends UI

Bug Fixes

• Fixed issue preventing wild and domesticated critter report data from being recorded and presented
  • Fixed issue preventing Critter Whisperer and Moovin' On Up achievement checkbox progress from updating in the UI.
  • Meteor Shower background effects no longer show when meteors aren't falling.
  • Resolved inconsistency in Solar Panel/Heavi-Watt Wire placement. These two buildings can once again be built on top of each other.
  • Base Game Only
    • Worldgen: Fixed Oceania generating without Oil Reservoirs
    • Worldgen: Biome sizes restored to their previous size
    • Restored Barbeque to the consumables menu
    • Rocket animations are no longer cut off when rendered above the buildable area.
    • Fixed crash clicking on the Bio tab if a duplicant had a rocketry interest, which is not in the base game.
    • Removed Spaced Out! Graphite recipe from the Rock Crusher and its codex page no longer crashes.
    • Fixed issue where space destination resources were not reserved by rockets
    • Sight-Seeing Module no longer releases an assigned duplicant while in space
  • Spaced Out! Only
    • Changed Cobalt Ore Atmo Suit to Cobalt.

View full update

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Ninja 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Bug still related to mouse wheel  zoom and scroll.   Mouse wheel on the space map view can be used to zoom in and out. But when mouse is focused on the info box   the mouse wheel on the plantoid tab scrolls the info up and down also scrolls the space view in and out at the same time. 

Already made a report about this when dlc first came out.  Thought I'd mentioning again here as reminder since the report might have been ignored 

Edited by RonEmpire

38 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Excellent! Can I ask for some specifics? 20%? 5%? 

I'm thinking of powering the fridges in my walk-in freezer simply to get rid of the unpowered icon and am wondering how much it will cost me.

53 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Nice!

7 minutes ago, QuQuasar said:

Excellent! Can I ask for some specifics? 20%? 5%? 

I'm thinking of powering the fridges in my walk-in freezer simply to get rid of the unpowered icon and am wondering how much it will cost me.

25%

ONI_LowHeatPowerSaverFridge.png.7ee78fee42b7994252d78f13a7679c59.png

125DTU/s seems a little weird (why not 100DTU/s to be round, or 80DTU/s to be around the same W/DTU/s?), but it's definitely what I'd consider in the range of normal for a 20W device in ONI.

Um, while on the subject of food, I've been told by people that food stops changing freshness when trapped inside airlock doors, allowing for unlimited powerless food preservation (just in a way that makes dupe access...tricky at best). A quick test shows this is indeed a thing...I think you need to make food still care about its freshness while entombed; it seems to already track temperature status, so should be an easy fix.

ONI_FoodForeverStorageDoor.thumb.png.a4c7cfd8a36d3bd27c6c0b065307e2a6.png

• Resolved inconsistency in Solar Panel/Heavi-Watt Wire placement. These two buildings can once again be built on top of each other.

Thanks a lot, that one was a real annoyance when I was redesigning my solar setups.

• Changed Cobalt Ore Atmo Suit to Cobalt.

Whoa, guess that was an oopsie.

Definitely a good update, I look forward to see future updates.

Edited by Nebbie
  • Like 1

Is it really so hard to fix zooming/scrolling sequence?

This bug was reported more than two years ago, and it is still here, game zooming-in on duplicant or objects misses it by couple of screens. If you cannot zoom properly, just remove zoom-in -- it will be better than wrong zoom

Edited by Prince Mandor

Please change "Duplicant operation required" to "Construction errand", still in red text.

The duplicant operation required text is misleading. Never understood why it says this, I just got used to it eventually. If it's used for other things like toggling doors then those things should have different tooltips and strings.

On 7/23/2021 at 5:27 PM, Prince Mandor said:

Is it really so hard to fix zooming/scrolling sequence?

This bug was reported more than two years ago, and it is still here, game zooming-in on duplicant or objects misses it by couple of screens. If you cannot zoom properly, just remove zoom-in -- it will be better than wrong zoom

I couldn't reproduce this bug at first with your original description, (I don't know why you suggested double clicking? My alerts zoom on one click. Maybe things were different in 2018?)

But then I tried using the alerts to I switch worlds in the DLC and yep, if a message is telling me about a problem on a different world, it goes over there and  if I was zoomed out on that world, zooms itself back in in on the mouse pointer. What a headache! I even found ANOTHER related bug. If you quickly press an alert multiple times and the last click brings you back to the world you started on, the screen blackout never goes away!

1 hour ago, n_t_p said:

The duplicant operation required text is misleading. Never understood why it says this, I just got used to it eventually. If it's used for other things like toggling doors then those things should have different tooltips and strings.

It`s for planetoids with no dupes present. It indicates errands that can`t be completed by a rover. For example activating the mini pod. The main issue is that it appears inside grounded rockets when there`s no dupes on board which is silly.

• Like 1

Anybody has any clue to what I should do if the game lags so hard just before and after this release that I can't even start a game? I'm not limited on hardware, and the game ran just fine before BOFA. Now I can't play regardless if I have mods nor if I'm using the beta. Reinstalling ONI doesn't help :/ (The game lags so hard I receive multiple mouse pointers).

21 minutes ago, Pompan said:

Now I can't play regardless if I have mods nor if I'm using the beta.

There is the "previous version -Beta 469300" which is the before BOFA version. Mods will probably not work on that though and any recent save can't be loaded to a previous version.

3 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

There is the "previous version -Beta 469300" which is the before BOFA version. Mods will probably not work on that though and any recent save can't be loaded to a previous version.

he can play if he have leftover old autosaves, other than that yes new save files is not playable in old versions and that's been always like that,

i to know where is possible change version numbers in save files but game just crash if todo that

I'm getting much better performance. For some reason my system's power state seems to have a big effect, just switching performance mode off and back on results in a large FPS boost. Starting the game in performance mode gives very bad FPS. Took a while to figure out, and definitely wasn't like this before the update. Pretty confusing. 

53 minutes ago, n_t_p said:

I'm getting much better performance. For some reason my system's power state seems to have a big effect, just switching performance mode off and back on results in a large FPS boost. Starting the game in performance mode gives very bad FPS. Took a while to figure out, and definitely wasn't like this before the update. Pretty confusing. 

No such luck on my end with power states.

Only way for me to regain my performance is to use the rollback beta.