[Game Update] - 470801

• Developer

Hello everyone! Today's hotfix is focused on Spaced Out content, resolving several Beeta bugs (hee hee) and including work on the Colony Imperatives. There are quite a few other fixes, please see the patch notes for full details! Thanks.

Hotfix 470801

Bugs

• Spaced Out
    • Fix crash trying to load Nuclear Waste FX animations

Hotfix 470651

Features

• Spaced Out
    • Added several new Monument options for Spaced Out! Owners
    • Added work in progress Regolith asteroid to Spaced Out! Terra Cluster. Placeholder artwork/names.
      • This is in the early stages of development and will be coming to other clusters in future patches.
    • Work in progress on the Spaced Out! Temporal Tear and Artifact Analysis colony imperatives. Use with caution.
      • Worldgen: Added Temporal Tear starmap POI and Temporal Ripper POI (requires new worldgen)

Change and Improvements

• Spaced Out
    • Beetas now emit 50% less radiation.
    • Beetas now emit less radiation when glum.
    • Beeta Hives can no longer starve to death.
    • Artifacts decor is reduced when in the entombed state (entombed state can be cleared at the Artifact Analysis Station)
    • Deploying from a Trailblazer Module and Rover's Module moves the camera to look at the surface.
    • Artifact Analysis Station displays analyzed artifacts in a side screen. Eventually this UI will show more lore information about the artifacts.

Bugs

• All Versions
    • Fix Colony Timelapse skipping initial screenshot for retired colonies
    • Did some minor adjustments to the artifact art to sit better on the ground and pedestal
  • Spaced Out
    • Saves upgrading from the old "solid" launchpads will no longer have launchpads buried in metal.
    • Fixed crash that could occur when opening colony summary screen
    • Beetas no longer emit radiation when they are not sleeping.
    • Beeta Hives have proper layering and will no longer appear behind tiles etc.
    • Oversee Planetoid button will rediscover the surface if it has not been visited by Duplicants. This fixes older saves where the surface was not revealed correctly.
    • Worldgen: Improved Rusty Oil Asteroid worldgen rules to prevent some worldgen failures.
    • Worldgen: Removed unclearable FOW in a frozen biome POI. Affects new saves only; use the sandbox to clear on existing saves.
    • Worldgen: Removed food poisoning around teleporter in Radioactive Swamp Asteroid, Oily Swamp Asteroid.
    • Adjusted nuclear waste barrel and FX art so it's not so sunken into the floor.  
    • Fixed issue causing rockets harvesting from space POIs to show a diagnostic warning implying they were idle
    • Cluster selection screen now selects Large Terra Cluster by default instead of Large Forest Cluster.
    • Added proper name for Large Forest Cluster
    • Added proper name for Large Terra Cluster’s teleporter destination asteroid

View full update

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Ninja 1
  • GL Happy 1

Just now, Orzelek said:

I see there are some worldgen notes in here - am I assuming correctly it would be good to wait till it gets more complete with starting new game?

That would be my take as well.

20 minutes ago, evilcat19xx said:

Anyone has more information about this? I want to check if it is worth it to restart the game.

from what I gather, the temporal ripper exists on the superconductive (magma) asteroid. it requires that there be at least 5 pods be activated (including the OG one.), from there it needs radbolts. I haven't been able to find out what happens next, due to the crash above.

Edited by Lbphero
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Work in progress on the Spaced Out! Temporal Tear and Artifact Analysis colony imperatives. Use with caution.

• Worldgen: Added Temporal Tear starmap POI and Temporal Ripper POI (requires new worldgen)

Not a fan of the needing 5 printing pods set up. I don't use the portable printers because I've never agreed with the idea that we can suddenly build them despite never being able to interact with it in the past. But since it wasn't needed I just didn't use it. Now it has to be done in order to use this.
I think it would make more sense if each planetoid had a poi with a deactivated pod in it that we could activate.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

Not a fan of the needing 5 printing pods set up. I don't use the portable printers because I've never agreed with the idea that we can suddenly build them despite never being able to interact with it in the past. But since it wasn't needed I just didn't use it. Now it has to be done in order to use this.
I think it would make more sense if each planetoid had a poi with a deactivated pod in it that we could activate.

I like this idea. I guess duplicants should not be able to build a device that can "print" them.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Am I missing something or are they now useless as a radiation source (without the door dropper "critter concentrator" maybe-exploit)?

• Big Ups 1

21 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hello everyone! Today's hotfix is focused on Spaced Out content, resolving several Beeta bugs (hee hee) and including work on the Colony Imperatives. There are quite a few other fixes, please see the patch notes for full details! Thanks.

Hotfix 470801

Bugs

• Spaced Out
    • Fix crash trying to load Nuclear Waste FX animations

Hotfix 470651

Features

• Spaced Out
    • Added several new Monument options for Spaced Out! Owners
    • Added work in progress Regolith asteroid to Spaced Out! Terra Cluster. Placeholder artwork/names.
      • This is in the early stages of development and will be coming to other clusters in future patches.
    • Work in progress on the Spaced Out! Temporal Tear and Artifact Analysis colony imperatives. Use with caution.

Change and Improvements

• Spaced Out
    • Beeta Hives can no longer starve to death.
    • Artifacts decor is reduced when in the entombed state (entombed state can be cleared at the Artifact Analysis Station)
    • Deploying from a Trailblazer Module and Rover's Module moves the camera to look at the surface.
    • Artifact Analysis Station displays analyzed artifacts in a side screen. Eventually this UI will show more lore information about the artifacts.

Bugs

• All Versions
    • Fix Colony Timelapse skipping initial screenshot for retired colonies
    • Did some minor adjustments to the artifact art to sit better on the ground and pedestal
  • Spaced Out
    • Saves upgrading from the old "solid" launchpads will no longer have launchpads buried in metal.
    • Fixed crash that could occur when opening colony summary screen
    • Beeta Hives have proper layering and will no longer appear behind tiles etc.
    • Oversee Planetoid button will rediscover the surface if it has not been visited by Duplicants. This fixes older saves where the surface was not revealed correctly.
    • Worldgen: Improved Rusty Oil Asteroid worldgen rules to prevent some worldgen failures.
    • Worldgen: Removed unclearable FOW in a frozen biome POI. Affects new saves only; use the sandbox to clear on existing saves.
    • Worldgen: Removed food poisoning around teleporter in Radioactive Swamp Asteroid, Oily Swamp Asteroid.
    • Adjusted nuclear waste barrel and FX art so it's not so sunken into the floor.  
    • Fixed issue causing rockets harvesting from space POIs to show a diagnostic warning implying they were idle
    • Cluster selection screen now selects Large Terra Cluster by default instead of Large Forest Cluster.
    • Added proper name for Large Forest Cluster
    • Added proper name for Large Terra Cluster’s teleporter destination asteroid

View 

Please make rockets load and unload without storage from interior

2 hours ago, Shahzain said:

Please make rockets load and unload without storage from interior

please don't block quote the patch notes, particularly when your post has nothing to do with the patch notes.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

Am I missing something or are they now useless as a radiation source (without the door dropper "critter concentrator" maybe-exploit)?

I wouldn't call them useless as it, as they could be used for somewhat fast initial Radbolt Engine fueling before exploiting launch cycling, and they'd be a good way to sustain Materials Science research off of unwanted base CO2.
At any rate, they're still pretty nice overall as useful critters. I suspect the idea here was to simultaneously nerf them being an easy great rad source and make them less dangerous for when all you want is fast uranium enrichment.

7 hours ago, Nebbie said:

nerf them being an easy great rad source

They weren't great without door dropper stacking.

7 hours ago, Nebbie said:

make them less dangerous for when all you want is fast uranium enrichment.

The greatest danger of the more radioactive beetas was the fact that dupes did the "oh no, radiation!" animation. The actual rads absorbed were minuscule.

• Haha 2

:-o Is that what I think it is?!

Spoiler

Auto-pilot and biological cargo maybe..? :D

image.thumb.png.f014c8d875c7a59c0fc05d472ed41e43.png

*Was the monument always this pixelated...?  Seems like a low res image in all choices

On 7/9/2021 at 12:20 AM, Ipsquiggle said:

Added work in progress Regolith asteroid

I would love to see shove voles on it :love-struck:

1 hour ago, Coolthulhu said:

They weren't great without door dropper stacking.

The greatest danger of the more radioactive beetas was the fact that dupes did the "oh no, radiation!" animation. The actual rads absorbed were minuscule.

It's true radiation is pretty laughable. Rad absorption should be doubled easily

• Like 2

On 7/8/2021 at 5:20 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Hotfix 470651

Bugs

• Spaced Out

Nah, not working =/

20210711220406_1.jpg

20210711220415_1.jpg