Lucy the Axe rework to Karen the Axe

I just wanna say that Lucy the Axe is really loud and worthless. I've been playing the game as Woodie for quite some time but I wanna ask is there a rework for her? If not can we just rename her as Karen? Since she's only talks a lot and really loudly annoying.

A regular Axe's damage is 27.2 and the damage of the Karen the Axe is 13.6.

Although Lucy has infinite durability. It doesn't make sense that her damage is low.

That's all I wanna ask.

PS. Again this is such a lovely community. Have a nice day everyone!

Lucy has 3x the DPS of your fist and is acceptable for fighting things you would be fighting before being able to make a weapon. But why does she need to be a good weapon? She's already pretty good at chopping trees, and Woodie already has a lot with his various transformations and is one of the stronger characters.

I always took Lucy’s permanent talking and whining as a mini con of Woodie. I usually just summon Lucy when I need her and then dump her somewhere. 

About her damage I always wondered why she doesn’t have at least walking cane damage, since that’s also an infinite item you’ll be able to weaponize as a last resort thing. But there’s probably a lore reason behind that, even though she never mentions it. It is possible that she is a pacifist axe (except when it comes to chopping trees)

She's an infinite axe that will always be super efficient since Woodie swings axes faster, she doesn't need more damage or anything imo. Fighting isn't the point of Lucy.

2 hours ago, Wambachaka said:

As a woodie main of 685 hours, I don't even notice her talking anymore. Just like a real marriage, am I right fellas?

That's a very toxic attitude towards relationships, even as a joke.

3 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

That's a very toxic attitude towards relationships, even as a joke.

It's a game and not an actual relationship between two real people. Settle down.

One of the oldest marriage jokes in the world and somebody demands justice.

Just now, Sunset Skye said:

genuinely surprised to see the most boomer-y "wife bad" joke ever being defended on the klei forums

Why? When it is most likely the whole basis for Lucy to begin with. Her character is a pun on an ex wife, namely she is an axe wife. The trope of a nagging ex wife has been around forever, largely coupled with the braindead ex husband, which considering Woodies country ethstetic and lobotomy skin seems to also be at play. 

2 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Why? When it is most likely the whole basis for Lucy to begin with.

doubtful

Her character is a pun on an ex wife, namely she is an axe wife.

source on this? i've never heard anyone claim this before, and i don't think lucy has ever even been officially referred to as woodie's wife

3 minutes ago, sudoku said:

lobotomy skin

the lobotomy thing was always a fan theory. it's entirely possible he just slashed his head or tripped and fell on a stump or something, he's a lumberjack

3 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

the lobotomy thing was always a fan theory. it's entirely possible he just slashed his head or tripped and fell on a stump or something, he's a lumberjack

I've never even heard about a lobotomy skin regarding Woodie...? Is this what y'all are referring to?

image.png.f3c9f324a97fac78baf9ae7d71f0ab47.png

If so... that's... that's his Forge skin, ain't it? Where ppl battle and... get scars? 

4 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

doubtful

I mean this is the same developer who is known for using puns to name its items and creatures is it not. And is it also not the same developer who at the time of originally developing Dont Starve, and when woodie was originally conceptualized, didnt shy away from dark humor and who also included in its roster of characters a little girl and her dead sister and a boy who was swallowed hole by a spider. But no a nagging ex wife trope is too much.

17 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

genuinely surprised to see the most boomer-y "wife bad" joke ever being defended on the klei forums

If you find the post truly offensive, I suggest reporting posts like that in the future and allowing the forum moderators to do what they do best.

In retrospect, I also went off-topic and I would like to say I'm sorry for moving the conversation away from the original post.

7 minutes ago, sudoku said:

I mean this is the same developer who is known for using puns to name its items and creatures is it not.

yeah but it's stuff like, oh here's the dragonfly, a dragon and a fly! or here's a tiger shark, both a tiger and a shark! not like, here's a character referred to as only "lucy the axe", but clearly everyone will know that she is actually a nagging ex wife who woodie hates after years of an unsuccessful marriage. like, klei has always done puns a lot, but you're stretching a character into a pun that has never been used to refer to her and then coming to a conclusion implied by nothing else in the game itself

a little girl and her dead sister and a boy who was swallowed hole by a spider. But no a nagging ex wife trope is too much.

idk how to explain the difference between two macabre fantasy characters and a trope which would rely on the viewers having a toxic mindset about relationships

Archived