Lucy the Axe rework to Karen the Axe

5 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

He should be able to throw lucy like a boomerang (like the forge). Would be useful for drawing aggro from friends in a pinch. 

What if grass tufts and saplings were harvested along the path of the axe when thrown. 

In terms off buffs, if she could decrease weremeter drain when in the inventory, that would be nice. Or greatly increased drain if you leave her on the floor next to you. Something specific like that would make her worth consideration for bringing to the ruins.

10 hours ago, Wambachaka said:

As a woodie main of 685 hours, I don't even notice her talking anymore. Just like a real marriage, am I right fellas?

8 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

That's a very toxic attitude towards relationships, even as a joke.

sorry guys that's my wife, she found my klei account

Jokes aside, I agree with those saying Lucy shouldn't get any combat buffs. I think the goal of a Lucy buff should be to make it more useful lategame, without making it too OP earlygame. Maybe something that requires some sort of investment, like a craftable sharpening stone? Maybe something to do with the full moons? It would also be nice to have some interesting downsides for Woodie, without nerfing him too much of course.

7 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

That's a very toxic attitude towards relationships, even as a joke.

seems like we cant have fun with some dark humor...

5 hours ago, fierysage1 said:

I've never even heard about a lobotomy skin regarding Woodie...? Is this what y'all are referring to?

image.png.f3c9f324a97fac78baf9ae7d71f0ab47.png

If so... that's... that's his Forge skin, ain't it? Where ppl battle and... get scars? 

5 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

doubtful

source on this? i've never heard anyone claim this before, and i don't think lucy has ever even been officially referred to as woodie's wife

the lobotomy thing was always a fan theory. it's entirely possible he just slashed his head or tripped and fell on a stump or something, he's a lumberjack

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Unimplemented_Features?file=Wooooodie.png

clearly a lobotomy. Is a stitched wound and his expression is confused but you can try to imagine other scenarios that fits less than a lobotomy to defend internet from jokes

as other user said, is funny because we know is a bad thing. Thinking that people that laungh of that kind of jokes really think in that way is more offensive, incriminatory and biased that making a joke about relationships, people from other countries (poor warbucks, censored for few dumb white internet knights), illness or whatever

laugh is a cure not a weapon

lets censor wendy because there is people with depression, lets censor wx because there is people with no empathy, lets censor woodlegs because people with diabetes can lose their legs, lets censor wagstaff because there is people that can see well. Shall i keep censoring things for stupid reasons? because the line can be draw as tight as human stupidity can endure

11 hours ago, katarinagray03 said:

I just wanna say that Lucy the Axe is really loud and worthless. I've been playing the game as Woodie for quite some time but I wanna ask is there a rework for her? If not can we just rename her as Karen? Since she's only talks a lot and really loudly annoying.

5a1b2e9a291ce_Lucybeingoneofthegirls.png.7fe893c8713d45761f2de6768ca4aa49.pngWhy would you disrespect a sweet Waifu like Lucy?

She just needs a bit of polish but she's fine.

5a05ec264fd87_20171106p2-Woodiesaxewaifu.png.6133da00d1eaac1f1a9d56a6f74689bc.png

5b54288316dad_WesaccidentallyharessedLucy.thumb.png.bb154d00f1764a16733b792d2ef4de65.png5b54288a29db1_Lucysfluffyhusbando.thumb.png.672a6c4402482367a7c94299c6a4f0cb.png

Since I normally use a walking cane when I'm not using any other tools Lucy's talking doesn't really bother me all that much. I just equip her when I need trees chopped, if you constantly have her equipped or stuff in a backpack I can understand her talking becoming pretty annoying.

On 6/28/2021 at 8:50 PM, Sunset Skye said:

idk how to explain the difference between two macabre fantasy characters and a trope which would rely on the viewers having a toxic mindset about relationships

I find it kind of hilarious and ironic that you're nagging people about the joke of a nagging wife. :D

4 hours ago, AlienMagi said:

I find it kind of hilarious and ironic that you're nagging people about the joke of a nagging wife. :D

Yeah, of course stereotypes and tropes totally have no real basis, not like is something colloquially observed in recurrent mundane situations and further exaggerated for the purpose of comedy (ugh, comedy, HIIIC PFTUI!) - oh yes, seems these curious, squirmish creatures we call "humans" love their evil humor, or so my Reptilian overlords tell me during brainwashing on Twatter. But, alas, so swell we're blessed with Kerens "kerenning it away".. via off-topic, sadly, nonetheless.

Anyway, Lucy could benefit from a small dmg increase if one must use her in combat for whatever meme solid reason. I doubt such buff will ever happen though.

Archived