Little Poll on Warly's Pouch

How much do you use Warly's Chef Pouch?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you use Warly's Chef Pouch?

• I use it a lot, equal to/more than the backpack
    • I barely use it, and replace it with a backpack asap
    • I don't use it at all

I find it useful when I'm playing a solo exploration type Warly, being able to carry around ingredients for longer periods of time CAN be useful if you spend a lot of time in the caves, or just wandering around in general.

In multiplayer, theres usually an abundance of food coming in to the base, or the Warly player is usually sitting at base cooking things, so the Chef Pouch hardly gets a chance to shine, people usually seem to value those 2 extra backpack slots over the chef pouches ability.

If food spoilage were actually some what of a threat, maybe it would be thought of as a better item, but in Vanilla Don't Starve, spoilage really isn't a problem for any experience player.

4 hours ago, Keller Max said:

I feel that Wendy is a little bit too good for her downsides, and doesn't require much skill to get the most out of her kit

wendy has one of the highest skill ceilings, your average pub wendy that kills bee queen on day 10 isn't wendy's "full potential" lmao

4 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

This is probably not technologically feasible, but what if the chef pouch was actually a hat?

This is honestly a bad reason for this not to be a thing, but what about the chef hat top hat skin?

1 hour ago, Grim the said:

This is honestly a bad reason for this not to be a thing, but what about the chef hat top hat skin?

I was imagining a chef's hat that's drooping over the sides of his head because it's comically sunk down from all the food that's inside of it. But if it were a head slot item it wouldn't necessarily have to look anything like the current pouch or chef's hat, it could be a completely new appearance to match its completely new functionality. 

26 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I was imagining a chef's hat that's drooping over the sides of his head because it's comically sunk down from all the food that's inside of it. But if it were a head slot item it wouldn't necessarily have to look anything like the current pouch or chef's hat, it could be a completely new appearance to match its completely new functionality. 

Since his head is actually taking up space, it stands to reason that the pouch should have less slots when being used as a hat, say only 4?

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

probably looking like small fridge :rolleyes: or an ice box

For some reason, I remembered the ice cube. You know, that hat which helps from the heat and increases humidity. You think Warly could "freeze" food in it?... Kinda crazy, but at least it's something that already exists in the game.

I did (technically doing) a Warly run to fill out the cookbook, but I filled it out in other worlds, so I haven't found reason to hop back into it, and I used the chef pouch the whole time. I also fought klaus with no healing food and almost died because I didn't want to fight bee queen for jellybeans (i got royal jelly). You probably shouldn't do what I do

I think that character specific crafts should always be better than their common counterparts. Willow's lighter is much better than regular torch, Battle helmet is much better than football helmet. Trusty Tape is better than Sewing Kit. Chef Pouch is much worse version of Insulated Pack and even just a regular Backpack. Miniscule bonus to spoilage rate is not worth 2 slots, no matter how cheap it is to make. Just turn it into something that only Warly can use. Portable Ice Box, but without it taking chest slot.

Btw! About character specific items. What do you think about Pioneer Hat?

6 hours ago, Baark0 said:

I did (technically doing) a Warly run to fill out the cookbook, but I filled it out in other worlds, so I haven't found reason to hop back into it, and I used the chef pouch the whole time. I also fought klaus with no healing food and almost died because I didn't want to fight bee queen for jellybeans (i got royal jelly). You probably shouldn't do what I do

huh? What has fighting Klaus have to do with the pouch?

1 hour ago, Keller Max said:

What do you think about Pioneer Hat?

completely useless, I drop it as soon as I spawn in as Walter. Has some nice skins tho

Archived