the hats tier list

9 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

walters hat is more up there because that hat is a cheaper tophat wich alsol protects more against the elements and if you need wurts disguise for bunnys then why not let wurt do it since the only way to get that is whit wurt and so she will propably doin stuff like that

I can't really see a situation where you would ever use Walter's hat over a tophat if your not Walter tho and wurt's hat is actually cheaper than Walter's considering you techincally don't need rng to make it. Lastly while it might not be a big deal for webber being able to use followers as wortox is massive boon.

14 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

unless you are at low sanity and distracted idk why you want to wear all the time head armor

I’m pretty sure It was a bait post :grin:

21 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I can't really see a situation where you would ever use Walter's hat over a tophat if your not Walter tho 

This. Yeah Walter’s hat has some nice skins but that’s about it, if you are not Walter it’s mostly cosmetic and useless.

Spoiler

And if you are Walter, past the first 10 days it’s cosmetic and useless too. 

4 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

the reasons of why beekeeper hat is low is because you only realy use it for beequeen usualy

I believe that alone deserves it a higher place on the tier list.

Beequeen has easily one of the best loots in the game. Somewhere around 2,000 worth of hp healing, extra inventory and infinite spoilage on food.

garland is c because its more of a small default hat in a way

The sanity gain from the garland is completely dismissible in my opinion. I tend to go from insanity/near insanity to full sanity by simply prototyping (about 3 times I can do this in the early game). By that time you can simply use a top hat or tam. 

I would consider the football helmet or seasonal hat as a more "default" hat. 

i mean beequeen and bone hat is more like there good hats but you would normaly not use them every time

Bee queen crown means I can spend my time killing spiders/hounds and not worry about sanity. The best use though is against deerclops and fuelweaver and that alone makes it S to me. 

The bone helmet means I can cut as many trees as I want as Wormwood and I wont be distracted by nightmares. I can farm shadow fuel with it when I have nothing else to do. You can also use it against the celestial champion if you really want to. 

Both hats have tons of utility imho. 

Football hat and wigfrid helm should swap places. Football hat is cheap and any character can use it, and while battle helms are better, they require a wigfrid.

Thulecite crown should be s tier, it has a little under 3x the durability of a football helm, invincibility aura, and relatively cheap to craft. Be real, how valuable is thulecite? The amount of things you'll use it for can be counted on one of your hands: walls, astral detector, houndius, suits/crowns, and amulets, and maybe clubs if you enjoy them. You also get ~3 stacks per ruins clear, which adds up quickly, so you might as well use them for something.

Garland should be D tier at most.

Beekeeper hat sure seems kinda bad, and would be if not for bee queen. Her fight alone I think makes it at least a B tier item, as bee queen drops are really good.

Bush hat I'd put in C tier, it's nice for hound waves, but that's about it.

Feather hat should be at least C tier; being able to up bird spawn rates is pretty useful, say for farming jet feathers for feather pencils or a krampus sack. Funcaps aren't F tier, probably c or d tier. It's not something you should seek out, but if you have the mushrooms, why not make one, save some hunger.

Rain hat is pretty garbage imo, the only time rain protecting clothing is good is when it blocks 100% of wetness, as otherwise you'll still have to have an umbrella out, at which point just wear a football helm, or suffer from rain penalties. It also doesnt help the bone shards needed for it could be used for a rain coat, an actual good piece of water protecting clothing.

This is the least accurate tier list I have ever seen in my entire life because it puts the best hats in the game (Slurper, fashion melon, cookie cutter cap, shellmet, clever disguise, balloon hat, funcap (it even has fun in the name...)) anything under SSGSS tier.

Also the feather hat can be used to make a contraption that automatically murders a bunch of birds for feathers for blowdarts, which are a very powerful ranged weapon. Not only that, but the feather hat is styling, which is the most important metric.

I like feather hat, it allows me to farm feathers a bit easier without Wickerbottom, at least give it D tier. I don't know about the Shelmet, sure, it has good durability and damage reduction, but farming or even just trying to get one is a pain, Slurtles aren't easy to kill and their drop rate is low.

Cookie Cutter Cap deserves to be in F tier because of how tedious it is to obtain, really, just take 4 monster meat and a pig and you get a 80% damage reduction helmet.

Interesting opinions; while I agree with some, it seems to me you're quite overvaluing or undervaluing some of these hats. Also, while technically a crockpot dish, milkmade hat is missing. Personally this would be my take: (with skins for the items I consider completely outmatched by their skins):

964255606_TierList.thumb.png.d0294fd46ee60a19a2cb41d0a7fc70c3.png

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Interesting opinions; while I agree with some, it seems to me you're quite overvaluing or undervaluing some of these hats. Also, while technically a crockpot dish, milkmade hat is missing. Personally this would be my take: (with skins for the items I consider completely outmatched by their skins):

964255606_TierList.thumb.png.d0294fd46ee60a19a2cb41d0a7fc70c3.png

Beefalo Hat above the Tam?! Blasphemy. I'd also consider Bee Queen Crown to be in A tier. Everything else i agree with for the most part. 

37 minutes ago, Lennard said:

If I can get that tier list it would be nice.

Here's the link to the template I used: https://tiermaker.com/create/dont-starve-together-hats-539383 #TierMaker

34 minutes ago, Dorka said:

Beefalo Hat above the Tam?! Blasphemy.

Heh, I guess I value insulation more than sanity restoration. Tam is pretty great when used with a strong coat like Puffy West, Hibearnation Vest or Raincoat but by itself it's not enough to replace thermal stone for me. That's why even with the same insulation value I don't find Winter Hat much better than Rabbit Earmuffs. And in later worlds, tam is much outclassed by the celestial crown on sanity department. Beefalo hat is not only perfect for heat but also has the unique property of not angering the beefalos in heat. If there weren't that many alternatives to heating, I'd have given it an S.

Archived