Nurse/Nursery Spider

>The Spiderqueen now spawns a new type of Spider: the Nurse Spider

This is from new Webber rework. Just checked Nurse Spider to see if it's a reference and find out it's a real spider specie called Dolomedes minor.

REAL SPIDER PHOTO WARNING

Spoiler

Nursery_web_spider_1.thumb.jpg.0a973316e2ab338a73767e98333b86d3.jpg

I don't know if it's just a name reference or they just add it to the game.

It's known that this spider carries their egg-sacs in their fangs. I don't think this is gonna be added in game lol. I believe it's gonna heal spiders around.

What do you think & know about it?

Yes it makes sense that they are spiders who can heal. This kind of makes the webber rework take on a neat RTS aspect as with the new ability to change your spiders, you can really have a dynamic army with cave spider tanks, regular and spider warrior soldiers, spitter ranged units, and now these nurse healers to keep your units healthy during the battle. I think managing Webbers army will be very fun.

4 hours ago, sudoku said:

Yes it makes sense that they are spiders who can heal. This kind of makes the webber rework take on a neat RTS aspect as with the new ability to change your spiders, you can really have a dynamic army with cave spider tanks, regular and spider warrior soldiers, spitter ranged units, and now these nurse healers to keep your units healthy during the battle. I think managing Webbers army will be very fun.

I really wonder how mutation will work because it sounds really silly.

7 hours ago, sudoku said:

If hats are a thing, it’s very likely that so are helmets. I guess if you really want an elite army you can give all of them helmets as well, making them tankier.

2 hours ago, Slagger said:

I really wonder how mutation will work because it sounds really silly.

It’s just guessing but maybe depending on which spider type you want making a different “mutating food thing” to feed the spider. like Woodie’s idol kinda mechanic?

The other option is that there is just one type of mutating item and it randomly chooses between all posible spiders to change it, which would be more RNG dependent. But it would probably force you to be a bit more cautious when you get the kind of spiders you want, heal them and take them with you for other fights.

Spitters and armored spiders are most likely going to be the most desireable to have.

Pretty sure it’ll just be like the medic soldiers in Batman Arkham Knight (aka they go around reviving injured spiders)

In Arkham Knights case the MEDICS were who you wanted to target and get out the way first..

I assume it will be the same way when the player is rather unfortunate enough to NOT be playing as Webber :lol:

Archived