Why don't we have turf skins?

13 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I'd rather the devs added new turfs instead of making skins for them.

The potential is there, they just don't want to tap into it. Here let me list some things:

-white carpet made out of bunny pufts

-black carpet made out of slurper pelts

-spotted 'carpet' made with tentacle spots

-stone floor make out of cut stone, a counter part to the wooden floor

-festive floor bought with cawnival tickets

-white wooden floor made with driftwood

-checked desert floor made with desert stones

Like I said, the potential was there all along

What about a station akin to the potter's wheel where you could craft those alternative floorings (or all floorings for tidyness sake) so as to not clutter the crafting menu? I wouldn't mind them all being in the structures tab, but it's an idea.

14 minutes ago, JosePapp said:

What about a station akin to the potter's wheel where you could craft those alternative floorings (or all floorings for tidyness sake) so as to not clutter the crafting menu? I wouldn't mind them all being in the structures tab, but it's an idea.

They could reuse the sewing machine assets data from YOTB, make a new design and work from there?

9 hours ago, JosePapp said:

What about a station akin to the potter's wheel where you could craft those alternative floorings (or all floorings for tidyness sake) so as to not clutter the crafting menu?

They could just remove turfs from structures and add the landscaping tab as an alchemy engine level science. Terra firma tamper would then only add on to this tab instead of unlocking it like it does now.

oh god you know how annoying it'd be to have to reskin all the turf in a megabase? no thanks, i like my vanilla turfs. It's the same issue with walls, where you have to reskin each individual wall and that takes forever.

3 hours ago, Baark0 said:

oh god you know how annoying it'd be to have to reskin all the turf in a megabase? no thanks, i like my vanilla turfs. It's the same issue with walls, where you have to reskin each individual wall and that takes forever.

Just stop updating the game honestly

5 hours ago, Baark0 said:

then dont do that if you dont like it(?)

9 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

how and why

Cause turfs have unique numbers (which are finite btw) that determine which turf overtakes which when two different turfs are placed next to each other. Presumably, that's done to make the turfs look more natural instead of making the world a bunch of strict squares.

So if, say, Cobblestones got a Stone Road skin from Hamlet, the Stone Road skin would need to have its own unique number in the priority list, for when players Stone Road next to "unskinned" Cobblestones.

24 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Cause turfs have unique numbers (which are finite btw) that determine which turf overtakes which when two different turfs are placed next to each other.

This I know

24 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

So if, say, Cobblestones got a Stone Road skin from Hamlet, the Stone Road skin would need to have its own unique number in the priority list

This I just don't see why it would NEED a different priority, obviously it probably wouldn't look great to see them overlap, but is it not just the same prefab with a different texture?

16 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

This I just don't see why it would NEED a different priority,

Because it just does? Every tile in the game works like this. Every tile either lays over another tile, or is layed under by another tile, No in-between.

16 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

but is it not just the same prefab with a different texture?

Tiles are not prefabs like most items, mobs and such in the game, they are mostly handled in the engine.

Archived