Regarding the Feather Hat

I'm not really sure if this has been brought up before, but I did want to call attention to something. Klei is conscious of what they put in their games, as was the case with Warbucks. But I would like to get their attention for one other issue.

image.png.b4ce422e92f40f29c51743648275abb5.png

The Feather Hat. It seems fairly obvious to me that this is inspired by the War Bonnets commonly worn by the First Nations people of North America. I myself am not a member of the indigenous community, but cultural appropriation is something I care about and take issue with. It would be very easy to simply replace the sprite with something else, like a regular hat with a feather in the brim or something similar. I don't intend to create "drama" with this post nor is this post accusing of Klei doing something intentionally malicious, but I would just like to put this forward and maybe draw some attention to it. Thank you.

14 hours ago, tempgob said:

The Feather Hat. It seems fairly obvious to me that this is inspired by the War Bonnets commonly worn by the First Nations people of North America.

Then design something for the devs to use so we can know what you'd rather want. Devs are busy people.:wilsondisapproving:

You're reading to much into it. I just see a bandana with feathers sticking out of it. Doesn't look anything like war bonnet. Those have way more(and longer) feathers and have an arch that curl over the head down to the back of the neck. 

Sorry but you're either misinformed or trolling. 

Just now, LinknAllie said:

While on the topic of Warbucks why exactly was he removed.  I saw nothing wrong with his character aside from his perks being "boring"

By this logic, Netflix or whoever owns the streaming rights for Jumanji should be removed for the existence of Van Pelt as a character.5d576e0edf4eb_Arielthoncdiscord.png.53228c98bab766ce8047c212e4242962.png

Hi there!

I appreciate your concern, but as a person with indigenous ancestry, I take no issue with the above mentioned item.  Just looks like an attempt at camouflage [albeit a goofy one] for hunting purposes, to me.

And like @x0-VERSUS-1y said, context is important here, and I dare say that this is completely benign.

Archived