• Antlion
    • Toadstool (Misery and Normal Forme)
    • Shadow Pieces (All 3 of them)
    • Ancient Fuelweaver
    • Malbatross
    • Crab King
    • Lord of The Fruit Flies
    • Celestial Champion (All 3 Phases)
  4. 4. What bosses have the best artistic design?

• Treeguard
    • Spider Queen
    • Deerclops
    • MGoose
    • Dragonfly
    • Bearger
    • Ancient Guardian
    • Klaus (Normal and Enraged)
    • Bee Queen
    • Antlion
    • Toadstool (Misery and Normal Forme)
    • Shadow Pieces (All 3 of them)
    • Ancient Fuelweaver
    • Malbatross
    • Crab King
    • Lord of The Fruit Flies
    • Celestial Champion (All 3 Phases)

I would not mind if toadstools drops would be more rewarding. He is hard to kill and a long fight.

Goose is annoying as hell! And I‘m typically worried about the gooslings burning stuff I don’t want burned.

Rest of the bosses are ok, good and even exciting, especially fuelweaver And I‘m looking very much forward to facing the new boss!

41 minutes ago, W0l0l0 said:

I'd like to give an honourable mention to Bearger for being hilarious and late gamers primary source of wood. 

Bearger is just mid game source of wood. Late game source of wood is celestial champion, much faster log clear and much stronger vs treeguards, though he still die to treeguard after sometimes. Also you can spawn celestial champion per 20 days , much better than bearger only spawn each year.

33 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

Bearger is just mid game source of wood. Late game source of wood is celestial champion, much faster log clear and much stronger vs treeguards, though he still die to treeguard after sometimes. Also you can spawn celestial champion per 20 days , much better than bearger only spawn each year.

Bearger is available all year round, can be healed by the player(if your bearger dies to treeguards it's totally your fault), is considerably more predictable and easier to manipulate. And how much faster is the log clearing?

31 minutes ago, hot focaccia said:

how come? when i fought him with my friend it took us 2 irl days but it was a very fun 2 irl days

pretty much every viable strategy, especially solo, revolves around exploiting some mechanic of the fight. Either by using bees and boating around him, or by interrupting his attacks with ice staves. Crab king is honestly not an enjoyable fight at all.

9 minutes ago, Well-met said:

and dragonfly or queenbee don't?

dragonfly and bee queen don't have you trying to fight them on ye olde catatonic whale boats. The issue with crab king and why you have to basically exploit him with bees or ice staves solo is because trying to do it the intended way... to be honest trying to put it into words is too difficult.

For dragonfly and bee queen, the exploits basically make the fights easier yes, but crab king it feels like the exploits are effectively a requirement if you want to get past his fight in any meaningful way.

Honestly speaking, I think Crab King has the best art design, with the way he is in the ocean and the grey rock it may seem a bit uhg, but if you add different gems, blue red yellow etc. he can look really good. And his attacks and colors, well most of them, can make some nice colors and add some beauty (AE; Claws And Ice) 

Just an opinion

I guess

4 minutes ago, Well-met said:

and dragonfly or queebeen don't?

I can somewhat forgive dragonfly here because not only was she not originally designed to be a raid boss, but fighting her enraged or with larvae isn't too bad (although lets face it, hardly anyone does). Fighting her with both is a little much, but with bee queen you don't have much choice, either cheese or run back and forth trying to separate the cloud of bees from her. 

13 minutes ago, W0l0l0 said:

I can somewhat forgive dragonfly here because not only was she not originally designed to be a raid boss, but fighting her enraged or with larvae isn't too bad (although lets face it, hardly anyone does). Fighting her with both is a little much, but with bee queen you don't have much choice, either cheese or run back and forth trying to separate the cloud of bees from her. 

Well, with bee queen running back and forth is a legitimate strategy that can be done in a solo setting.

With crab king solo your only options are to either cheese with bees or exploit ice staves, wanna try doing the fight the intended way and use the boat movement to kite? Fat chance of you actually getting hits in unless you farmed a krampus sack full of blow darts(or likely more)

I won't lie, I'm finding it pretty hillarious that people are defending a boss that is pretty unanimously agreed upon as a bad boss..

Just now, Terra B Welch said:

I won't lie, I'm finding it pretty hillarious that people are defending a boss that is pretty unanimously agreed upon as a bad boss..

Oh no, I don't think Crab king is a good boss. I'm only saying I like Dragonfly more than Bee Queen.

Archived