DST Axiom Visus Trailer

I haven't seen anyone else make a discussion about this yet, so I'm here to do it. What do you guys think of the new Return of Them final trailer? In case you haven't seen it yet, here's the link:

I personally am super duper excited to see more about it, and when the beta comes and such. I would assume its not coming next month since they've only released a trailer for it, it's the finale, and Eye of the Storm doesn't even drop until May 5th, but I'm still super stoked.

From what I collected, it looked like Charlie going to the lunar island during a full moon, with the tragic torch, and using it to capture the gestalts. I assume the tragic torch has some sort of nightmare-related power, since it comes from the Cyclum puzzle and appears in the Metheus puzzle and such. For those who have literally zero clue what I'm talking about, check out this wiki page:

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Metheus_Puzzles

(By the way, I might be missing some bits of lore making what I say sound stupid :wilson_unimpressed:) Another more obvious reason I believe it has nightmare related powers is that little crawling horrors and terror beaks literally come out of it when your holding it

Anyways, it looks like she uses the tragic torch to capture the gestalts, since nightmares and gestalts are opposites. Then, once she harnesses their power with the torch, it turns into a sort of looking glass, and she can see something in the moon by looking through the flame. What she sees in the moon looks like a sort of big gestalt (makes sense), and to me at least it sort of looks like a closed eye. It appears somewhat living since it moves around, and I'm assuming this is the big scary moon man everyone's been waiting for.

One more thing I'd like to point out, is not all the gestalts were taken. There are at least 2 that witnessed what Charlie did and ran away afterwards. I think that if the big moon man (thats my name for it now) isn't already aware of what happened, he will be soon thanks to our little escaped buddies.

Anyways, this is all guesses, I'm rather bad at analysing things so I probably missed some bits, but feel free to leave a comment on what you think or whatever. 

:wilson_vforvictory:

The description reads "Moonlight... Everything They Had Ever Understood... Secrets Interred... Show Her Everything... Reveal Everything...look closely."
Take the first letters of all the words starting with capital letters, and...
"METHEUS IS HERE"

On the trailer itself, I'd say its one of the best.

All I hope is that at some point Klei adds all these trailers, cinematics and lore bits into the actual game itself...

we literally have a tab in the main menu that’s dedicated to it, but so far only the games credits exist here.

As a console player who comes to the forums often I’m only Part-way confused about what’s going on with it, but imagine all the poor console players who DON’T come to the forums and how completely lost they would be.

Adding the links to puzzles and putting the cinematics into the game itself would greatly help those poor confused players.

We are at the Conclusion of Return of Them and I’m still just as confused as when it first started- Who/What is Metheus.. why is it now here, is Metheus the Eye in the moon that we see Charlie uncover?

It would be nice if Klei would continue to fill in the compendium with actual in game lore

6 minutes ago, Grim the said:

The description reads "Moonlight... Everything They Had Ever Understood... Secrets Interred... Show Her Everything... Reveal Everything...look closely."
Take the first letters of all the words starting with capital letters, and...
"METHEUS IS HERE"

On the trailer itself, I'd say its one of the best.

My spacehead didn't even read the description, but thats sick!

18 minutes ago, HojMcFoj said:

I haven't seen anyone else make a discussion about this yet, so I'm here to do it.

there is one at the Return of Them subforum, check it out! 

31 minutes ago, HojMcFoj said:

I personally am super duper excited to see more about it, and when the beta comes and such. I would assume its not coming next month since they've only released a trailer for it, it's the finale, and Eye of the Storm doesn't even drop until May 5th, but I'm still super stoked.

wait a minute... you didnt played the Eye of the Storm beta? it has been released few weeks ago.

38 minutes ago, VouMorrer said:

wait a minute... you didnt played the Eye of the Storm beta? it has been released few weeks ago.

I did, I just mean it hasn't been officially *released* yet. I meant that as in they've just barely finished up eye of the storm, I feel like they would take a little break from RoT development after it.

4 minutes ago, HojMcFoj said:

I did, I just mean it hasn't been officially *released* yet. I meant that as in they've just barely finished up eye of the storm, I feel like they would take a little break from RoT development after it.

sorry, i might have misinterpreted what you said, but joew pretty much said next week will be the official release of Eye of the storm and thats it. no more Return of Them. they will begin a new update series.

Just now, VouMorrer said:

sorry, i might have misinterpreted what you said, but joew pretty much said next week will be the official release of Eye of the storm and thats it. no more Return of Them. they will begin a new update series.

Ohhhh thats actually very neat, I hadn't seen that so makes sense as to why i confused you a bit

wait its called EYE of the storm and we see an eye on the moon meaning this blue storm could be tears from the moon or something like that this blue dust comes from the moon itself but i still wonder on what side is wagstaff on? he cant possible take the moon energy from the champion because he knows that if charlie gets it everything will be bad? like he seems to know to better take things before others could take anything and alsol dont forged how the moon turns glass after killing the boss what could that mean? is it closed? does it make itself ready to do something? is it its actual "skin" and the white was nothing but its armor?

thats realy what i so came up whit

3 hours ago, VouMorrer said:

3 hours ago, HojMcFoj said:

Ohhhh thats actually very neat, I hadn't seen that so makes sense as to why i confused you a bit

Theres gonna be another Return of Them after EotS, the teaser is for said update, probably gonna be called Axiom Visus

7 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

Theres gonna be another Return of Them after EotS, the teaser is for said update, probably gonna be called Axiom Visus

image.thumb.png.4326ab9ac414f5e2180f56861376f2f9.png

Nah, this is the end.

Not the end of content updates, but the end of the RoT story arc for DST.

12 minutes ago, Hornete said:

image.thumb.png.4326ab9ac414f5e2180f56861376f2f9.png

Nah, this is the end.

Not the end of content updates, but the end of the RoT story arc for DST.

then I missread it

I hope they add something else for the full release cause it feels like its missing something

It's possible they may add something extra as capstone to the update, but ultimately this seems like a major transition into the next Arc/set of updates and the content to follow. Which I can only assume will deal with the consequences of the events that take place in Eye of the Storm.

9 hours ago, VouMorrer said:

this is all a preparation for the re-summoning of the Shadow Entity, mark my words. and once it arives, we shall worship our new lord and saviour!

H̴̨̛̱͍͔͍͇͍̆̒̂̉͛͜ẽ̸̡̙͎̼̦͓̣̥͓̈́̈́̈́́̐̒̽͗͊͐̚͠l̸̦̘̝̯̫͎̻͉͓̻͈̻͉̊̿̕͜͝ḻ̴͕̰͚͓̹̥̘͔͓̈́̎͌̆̎̂͒o̷̧͕̱̼̖͔̻͕̠̘͗̀̃̎͛̉͆͐̉̌͜,̷̡̨̪̝̘̦͎͚̣̈́̔͊̽̌̈̑̌̊͗͘̕b̷͍̰̤͕̥̤̤̓̿̀͑͑͝r̸̡̟͖̞̜͉͔͙̎̒̊̑͗̽͂͝ͅo̷͚̰͕̝̦̯̦̬͖̝̪̖̤̰͉͒̈́͐͋͒̇̒̒̀́͛̈́̾t̷͖̟̪̎̇̈́̈̈́̽͒̄̕̚ĥ̶̹͔͐̒̍͊̽̀͆̋́͝ͅͅe̴͚͍̿̾̓͋͗̂̏́̃̂̆̌̕̚͠ͅr̴̡̡̧͙̞̫͓̖̲̻̂́͗̈́̂͋̿̄͂̕͝͝

2 hours ago, WebberMain said:

W̵̧̱̬̙͔͈̭̘̱̫̬̮͐̈́͋͋͊̍͂̐̏́̂̕̕͘e̸͓̬̖̯͉̩͈̹̤͉͈̺͚͑ ̶̛͎̩͍̬̍̅̀̀͑̆̄͋̀̚͘͘͠͠ͅͅS̴͖͈̱͈̤̭͉̰͉̑̾̈́̽͑͒̍́́̓̂̈́̿̕ͅh̷̢̨̥̻͍̝̝̪̟̯̹͆͂̓̏̂̐̒͊͒͋̕̚̚͝ä̵̡̡̱̱̯̤͖͍̘̼͇̗͑̀͌̒̌͆̇̂͌̉l̸̢͈͇̭̠̩̫̃̓l̵͇̞̪̤̰̜̯̼͍̰̻̅̈́͑̾͐̅̈́͑̿͘̕͝͝ͅ ̵̡̡̛̠̞̖̃̑̄̈́͑w̷̡̦͕̯͓͊̅̿̈́̿̄̄̕͝ã̴̛̛̲̼̙̫̘̙͚̩͓̭̬̏̒͒̐͒̂͋͒͊̐͘͘i̷̱͓̲̬̱͛̈́͌ţ̶̡͔̞̪͖̯̔̀͌̊͛͊̽̈͋̂́̌̚͝͠ͅ ̷̰̯͖͔͍̺̉͆̍͘͠f̷̧̩̠̘̥͇͍̹̈́͒͒̈́̉͘͘ò̷̞̐̊̈̊̐̇̏̾͝r̸̛̛͇̯̩̐͋̉̀͜ ̷̢͈͉͙̮̖͔͍͉̜̗̿̾̒̑̍̋͂͌̀͛̈̏o̴̯̰̬͈̘̠͓͗̈͒̃̐́͒̎̄̚͘͝ų̷̠̻͚̥̝̗̯̦̺̜̤̹̾̽r̵̘̟̬͈̜̹̀͐̂͐̏̃ ̸̢̠͓͓̗̘̝͕̩͉̾m̵͙̺̠̳͚̝̱̲͑̍͂̈́͊͊͂̊͒̔̑a̸͔͎͉͊̿̊̐̈́́́͘͝ͅs̵̻̝͐̀̌͐̅̆̒̈͗̚͜͝͠t̷̨̧̡̡̰̞̜̗̬̻͎̠͑ͅê̵͓̺̩̗͚͇̱̱̓ͅr̷̥̼̳̫͚̻̟̈́̏

Just now, VouMorrer said:

W̵̧̱̬̙͔͈̭̘̱̫̬̮͐̈́͋͋͊̍͂̐̏́̂̕̕͘e̸͓̬̖̯͉̩͈̹̤͉͈̺͚͑ ̶̛͎̩͍̬̍̅̀̀͑̆̄͋̀̚͘͘͠͠ͅͅS̴͖͈̱͈̤̭͉̰͉̑̾̈́̽͑͒̍́́̓̂̈́̿̕ͅh̷̢̨̥̻͍̝̝̪̟̯̹͆͂̓̏̂̐̒͊͒͋̕̚̚͝ä̵̡̡̱̱̯̤͖͍̘̼͇̗͑̀͌̒̌͆̇̂͌̉l̸̢͈͇̭̠̩̫̃̓l̵͇̞̪̤̰̜̯̼͍̰̻̅̈́͑̾͐̅̈́͑̿͘̕͝͝ͅ ̵̡̡̛̠̞̖̃̑̄̈́͑w̷̡̦͕̯͓͊̅̿̈́̿̄̄̕͝ã̴̛̛̲̼̙̫̘̙͚̩͓̭̬̏̒͒̐͒̂͋͒͊̐͘͘i̷̱͓̲̬̱͛̈́͌ţ̶̡͔̞̪͖̯̔̀͌̊͛͊̽̈͋̂́̌̚͝͠ͅ ̷̰̯͖͔͍̺̉͆̍͘͠f̷̧̩̠̘̥͇͍̹̈́͒͒̈́̉͘͘ò̷̞̐̊̈̊̐̇̏̾͝r̸̛̛͇̯̩̐͋̉̀͜ ̷̢͈͉͙̮̖͔͍͉̜̗̿̾̒̑̍̋͂͌̀͛̈̏o̴̯̰̬͈̘̠͓͗̈͒̃̐́͒̎̄̚͘͝ų̷̠̻͚̥̝̗̯̦̺̜̤̹̾̽r̵̘̟̬͈̜̹̀͐̂͐̏̃ ̸̢̠͓͓̗̘̝͕̩͉̾m̵͙̺̠̳͚̝̱̲͑̍͂̈́͊͊͂̊͒̔̑a̸͔͎͉͊̿̊̐̈́́́͘͝ͅs̵̻̝͐̀̌͐̅̆̒̈͗̚͜͝͠t̷̨̧̡̡̰̞̜̗̬̻͎̠͑ͅê̵͓̺̩̗͚͇̱̱̓ͅr̷̥̼̳̫͚̻̟̈́̏

P̶̀͌̀̈́͜ư̸̪͇̝̆l̷͖͇̼͌̄v̷͍̾́͝i̸̡̫̐͆͝s̴̩͈̜̚͠ ̴̧̱̘̜̇͛è̵̳̠͒͝ť̴̺͈̊ͅ ̴̳̀̐͠ủ̵͎̲m̸̨̧̜͚̾͌̊͐b̵̻͛̌ȑ̸̹͍̐͜a̵̡̙̔ ̵̉̐̀͜s̶̭̱̥͌͑̅͂ú̶͙̜̿͐͝ͅͅm̸̧̱̺͛ů̷͖͝͝͝š̴̮͕̟͑̚.̴̙̫̹͋̈S̵̛͕̘͆̆o̸̤̕ṙ̵̭š̸͚̺̪̯͐̎͝ ̸̛͔͔̊̂ǐ̶̩m̸̼̟̰͕͗a̶̗̭͉̽n̶͓̙͗͂̏i̴͉̓̋̍s̵̢͔͈͑̋̈́͘ ̴͙̼̔̏͒͊ê̸̺̊̅͝t̶̟̦͖̲͛̈ ̴̢͚͔̯̆ȋ̶̫͍̠͑̓ņ̶̖͎̔̕͜ā̶̧ñ̶̨̲̲ì̵̩͙͛̾s̷̢̩̹̳̄

3 hours ago, WebberMain said:

H̴̨̛̱͍͔͍͇͍̆̒̂̉͛͜ẽ̸̡̙͎̼̦͓̣̥͓̈́̈́̈́́̐̒̽͗͊͐̚͠l̸̦̘̝̯̫͎̻͉͓̻͈̻͉̊̿̕͜͝ḻ̴͕̰͚͓̹̥̘͔͓̈́̎͌̆̎̂͒o̷̧͕̱̼̖͔̻͕̠̘͗̀̃̎͛̉͆͐̉̌͜,̷̡̨̪̝̘̦͎͚̣̈́̔͊̽̌̈̑̌̊͗͘̕b̷͍̰̤͕̥̤̤̓̿̀͑͑͝r̸̡̟͖̞̜͉͔͙̎̒̊̑͗̽͂͝ͅo̷͚̰͕̝̦̯̦̬͖̝̪̖̤̰͉͒̈́͐͋͒̇̒̒̀́͛̈́̾t̷͖̟̪̎̇̈́̈̈́̽͒̄̕̚ĥ̶̹͔͐̒̍͊̽̀͆̋́͝ͅͅe̴͚͍̿̾̓͋͗̂̏́̃̂̆̌̕̚͠ͅr̴̡̡̧͙̞̫͓̖̲̻̂́͗̈́̂͋̿̄͂̕͝͝

Spoiler

tenor.gif

Archived